• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 5th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pay them right away, but if they could hold a clipboard for a couple of years, I think Allen, Darnold and Mayfield could be excellent. Not big on Rosen

While I do agree with that I think if you are the Browns you need someone who can make an impact now not in a few years.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do agree with that I think if you are the Browns you need someone who can make an impact now not in a few years.
Not me. 1-31 last two years, they are adding a lot of talent, and they are the only team in the League that could win 6-7 games, keep their franchise QB of the future on the bench all year, and still have their fanbase pumped about it

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. 1-31 last two years, they are adding a lot of talent, and they are the only team in the League that could win 6-7 games, keep their franchise QB of the future on the bench all year, and still have their fanbase pumped about it

Thing is i'm not convinced these QB's are can't miss. Trade down with 4 if you can't get Chubb and take Mayfield or wait until the 3rd and take someone like Falk.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is i'm not convinced these QB's are can't miss. Trade down with 4 if you can't get Chubb and take Mayfield or wait until the 3rd and take someone like Falk.

FALK that idea!!! Take Barkley and Fitzpatrick. Instead of Fitz at #4 they could go best QB available and let sit for 1-2yrs.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FALK that idea!!! Take Barkley and Fitzpatrick. Instead of Fitz at #4 they could go best QB available and let sit for 1-2yrs.

The money thats spent on these players now makes it more and more difficult to let them sit for a couple years on the bench especially in Cleveland where coaches might be gone in 2 or 3 years if you dont turn shit around. I just dont think that strategy works anymore for early picks. If you pick a kid in the 2nd or 3rd round sure, then let them sit and learn you haven't spent anywhere close to as much on them as you would have a top 5 pick.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said, depends on how you see the QB's. I think Allen(with two years on the side) could be awesome

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said, depends on how you see the QB's. I think Allen(with two years on the side) could be awesome

Read my above post, lolzzz

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money thats spent on these players now makes it more and more difficult to let them sit for a couple years on the bench especially in Cleveland where coaches might be gone in 2 or 3 years if you dont turn shit around. I just dont think that strategy works anymore for early picks. If you pick a kid in the 2nd or 3rd round sure, then let them sit and learn you haven't spent anywhere close to as much on them as you would have a top 5 pick.
I think it's fine with a QB though. If you take him in the 1st round, that's 5 years, plus you can franchise him a couple of times, you're talking about 7 years of control, 5 of which he played. If he is Brady, you are gonna pay him anyway at the end

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fine with a QB though. If you take him in the 1st round, that's 5 years, plus you can franchise him a couple of times, you're talking about 7 years of control, 5 of which he played. If he is Brady, you are gonna pay him anyway at the end

Yeah but a new coach in Cleveland might not be there in 5 years so the process starts all over again if the new coach want's "his guy". I think Cleveland is better off trading for an established QB or signing a free agent. If a new coach comes in and goes 4 - 12 : 6 - 10 his first two years he might not see year three. Seven years of control only means something if the guy hits. There are way more misses with QB's early than hits...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pay them right away, but if they could hold a clipboard for a couple of years, I think Allen, Darnold and Mayfield could be excellent. Not big on Rosen
I'm actually hoping to see Rosen to the Jets. Never been big on Rosen. Not sure about Falk he is a solid QB. But he's coming out of that pirate Mike Leach air raid offense. That overloads WR's. I do like Darnold but I'm a bit biased. Allen is on top of my board. Wouldnt sleep on Mayfield could be the steal. Jackson is my dark horse. I do agree there are no guarantees on QB this year. All you can really do is guess based on systems and fits. And try to go highest ceiling vs biggest downside imo

Could see Cleveland going wither way. Barkley is the stud. But there are some high quality backs. Much more depth at RB imo.

Your Cowboys may get a steal. Roquan Smith seems to be dropping .Due to a red flag injury. Haven't seen many details. But well worth the pick. If its hopefully something small would be a great fit in Dallas imo

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but a new coach in Cleveland might not be there in 5 years so the process starts all over again if the new coach want's "his guy". I think Cleveland is better off trading for an established QB or signing a free agent. If a new coach comes in and goes 4 - 12 : 6 - 10 his first two years he might not see year three. Seven years of control only means something if the guy hits. There are way more misses with QB's early than hits...
Yeah, we just see the QB's differently. Allen will bust if he plays right away, but if you keep him on the side a couple of years, he would be Carson Wentz IMO, his talent is off the charts. Jackson didn't get fired after 1-31, I doubt he gets canned after winning 7-8 games this season, which I believe they will. Even if they sit the QB, they have already signed Taylor and Landry to the offense, are about sign Barkley, have three 2nd rounders, and another $70 million in cap space.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade down from 4 to get a worse player? Fitzpatrick will be there at 4 and they need a DB. They don’t need Chubb. Their lines are fine, other than a LT when Thomas leaves but they can get on in the 2nd. There is no reason to trade down when they can get a QB at 4 (doesn’t matter if they could go later they need one).

All those top 4 QB’s will probably go in the first 15 maybe top 10.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money they pay draft picks now is nothing like it was a few years back. It is much more reasonable now. Used to be that you had to make a #1 overall pick the highest paid player at his position and guys like Sam Bradford were getting $50 million guaranteed. Not so much anymore. Jared Goff only got $20 some million guaranteed and all first round rookies have a team option for the 5th year (which is the most expensive).

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Los Angeles Chargers: WLK3
Oakland Raiders: TheRobotDevil
Kansas City Chiefs: Clayton
Denver Broncos: Cdumler7
Tennessee Titans: There is A Moose at 3rd
Jacksonville Jaguars: Broncosmitty
Indianapolis Colts: Nos
Houston Texans:
Cleveland Browns: Shanemansj13
Baltimore Ravens:
Pittsburgh Steelers: ATL96STEELER
Cincinnati Bengals:
Buffalo Bills: Shopson67
Miami Dolphins:
New York Jets: Femurov
New England Patriots: BigKen
San Francisco 49ers:
Los Angeles Rams: SJ76
Seattle Seahawks: Blstoker
Arizona Cardinals:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
Atlanta Falcons:
New Orleans Saints:
Carolina Panthers:
Chicago Bears: Beardown07
Detroit Lions: Mebert
Green Bay Packers: Pack 500
Minnesota Vikings: Jeffro151
Dallas Cowboys: UK Cowboy
New York Giants: Fullxtension
Philadelphia Eagles: McNabb7542
Washington Redskins: Ritzarmy

@tabascojet

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money they pay draft picks now is nothing like it was a few years back. It is much more reasonable now. Used to be that you had to make a #1 overall pick the highest paid player at his position and guys like Sam Bradford were getting $50 million guaranteed. Not so much anymore. Jared Goff only got $20 some million guaranteed and all first round rookies have a team option for the 5th year (which is the most expensive).

Ok, everything I said is still true.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we just see the QB's differently. Allen will bust if he plays right away, but if you keep him on the side a couple of years, he would be Carson Wentz IMO, his talent is off the charts. Jackson didn't get fired after 1-31, I doubt he gets canned after winning 7-8 games this season, which I believe they will. Even if they sit the QB, they have already signed Taylor and Landry to the offense, are about sign Barkley, have three 2nd rounders, and another $70 million in cap space.
To me Allen is the QB version of the combine warrior. He hasn't proven squat.

Darnold needs to work on his footwork. Footwork can be fixed in a preseason.

Mayfield might need to sit. Spread to pro can be tricky but Mayfield might work in a dumbed down system and then you can add concepts as you go.

Allen needs reps. Real reps. He needs to get the feel for the game. Imo, you don't sit Allen if you draft him. You take your year 1 lumps ala Derek Carr or Peyton Manning and hope for that year 2 turnaround. He could be Carson Wentz but he is going to have to be bad before he can be good.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Allen is the QB version of the combine warrior. He hasn't proven squat.

Darnold needs to work on his footwork. Footwork can be fixed in a preseason.

Mayfield might need to sit. Spread to pro can be tricky but Mayfield might work in a dumbed down system and then you can add concepts as you go.

Allen needs reps. Real reps. He needs to get the feel for the game. Imo, you don't sit Allen if you draft him. You take your year 1 lumps ala Derek Carr or Peyton Manning and hope for that year 2 turnaround. He could be Carson Wentz but he is going to have to be bad before he can be good.
Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Steve Young..I believe sitting two years is the best way to develop a QB, FA just doesn't allow it anymore