• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 4th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain why Josh Malone fell to the 7th Rd? Did he simply slip through the cracks on everyone's radar or is their somethin I don't know about? I don't follow the Vols very closely... May have to bring in one of the Vol twins lol.

@WestEndVol ?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- X represents teams who have submitted there top 5 rankings. If you do not see a - X next to your name hurry the hell up already geez!

Los Angeles Chargers: @wlk3
Oakland Raiders: @TheRobotDevil - X
Kansas City Chiefs: @Clayton - X
Denver Broncos: @cdumler7 - X
Tennessee Titans: @femurov
Jacksonville Jaguars: @VFL1995
Indianapolis Colts: Nos - X
Houston Texans: @There is A Moose at 3rd
Cleveland Browns: @Shanemansj13
Baltimore Ravens: @broncosmitty
Pittsburgh Steelers: @ATL96Steeler - X
Cincinnati Bengals: @Tubbs1518
Buffalo Bills: @shopson67
Miami Dolphins: @FlyerFinFan
New York Jets: @MilkSpiller22
New England Patriots: @mr.hockey4242
San Francisco 49ers: @purguy12
Los Angeles Rams: @SJ76
Seattle Seahawks: @blstoker - X
Arizona Cardinals: @Ellis269 - X
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: @JuiceTheGator - X
Atlanta Falcons: @HaroldSeattle
New Orleans Saints: @tlance
Carolina Panthers: @ehb5
Chicago Bears: @beardown07 - X
Detroit Lions: @Mebert
Green Bay Packers: @Pack 500
Minnesota Vikings: @jeffro151 - X
Dallas Cowboys: @UK Cowboy
New York Giants: @fullxtension
Philadelphia Eagles: @mcnabb7542 - X
Washington Redskins: @Ritzarmy

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain why Josh Malone fell to the 7th Rd? Did he simply slip through the cracks on everyone's radar or is their somethin I don't know about? I don't follow the Vols very closely... May have to bring in one of the Vol twins lol.

@WestEndVol ?

Well his route running is down right terrible. More of a streak down the field and make a big catch kind of guy rather than a run the entire route tree and leave people in the dust. So to me needs a year or two to work on his route running before he can be considered a true starter in this league. He has the size/speed combo you are looking for though so a team could develop him into something.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his route running is down right terrible. More of a streak down the field and make a big catch kind of guy rather than a run the entire route tree and leave people in the dust. So to me needs a year or two to work on his route running before he can be considered a true starter in this league. He has the size/speed combo you are looking for though so a team could develop him into something.
That's almost verbatim to what I read on one analysts' summary on him... Still a 3rd Rd projection falling to the 7th? I'll take that every damn time!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um I hate to break this too you but Mrs Face says she really appreciates me sending them! :heh:
Ahhhhhh, so thaaaaaaaaat's why she recently has been remarking on how enormous mine is. Thanks Mcnabb! :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's almost verbatim to what I read on one analysts' summary on him... Still a 3rd Rd projection falling to the 7th? I'll take that every damn time!

I'm not that high on him. I see him more as a 5th or 6th round player just because of the time it will take to develop his game. For me when watching WR's there are 2 things I watch more than anything...1) Route running. Have they shown at least some nuance of how to get open through route running instead of just being an athletic freak and 2) how do they catch the football. For me with Malone both of those are below average or average at best. That athleticism will only get him so far.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that high on him. I see him more as a 5th or 6th round player just because of the time it will take to develop his game. For me when watching WR's there are 2 things I watch more than anything...1) Route running. Have they shown at least some nuance of how to get open through route running instead of just being an athletic freak and 2) how do they catch the football. For me with Malone both of those are below average or average at best. That athleticism will only get him so far.
They said the exact same thing of Martavis Bryant back in 2014. And they were right to say it. Almost everything I had seen in his college tape had proved it. But I guess it was a perfect scheme fit for Bryant to hone his craft. He was mainly used as a vertical go-route guy and made the league look silly. So that's why I think Malone would be a great fit for Pittsburgh.

Even though I still think the upside is far better than a lot of the WR picks I saw in the latter rounds. To each their own I guess.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really understood how we can rank this mock...

Can I abstain from voting?? Honestly, I have no opinion on who did the best... I only have opinions on who did the worst...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said the exact same thing of Martavis Bryant back in 2014. And they were right to say it. Almost everything I had seen in his college tape had proved it. But I guess it was a perfect scheme fit for Bryant to hone his craft. He was mainly used as a vertical go-route guy and made the league look silly. So that's why I think Malone would be a great fit for Pittsburgh.

Even though I still think the upside is far better than a lot of the WR picks I saw in the latter rounds. To each their own I guess.

It all depends on what you are looking for and the style of offense you play. There are a lot of teams that don't have that vertical threat as a huge part of their game. Others they have the outside guys already in place. For me personally as a Bronco fan I look at my team and see we have Sanders and DT on the outside and just don't need that outside weapon like Malone is. What we need is some guys that can do damage over the middle of the field on those quick crossing routes and attack the seam. That is why I love Carlos Henderson so much and have him as a 2nd round prospect and was excited to get him in the 3rd round. Throw in he adds to the special teams unit as a returner. So fills 2 big holes on the team so of course that bumps him up.

Yeah for the Steelers and the style of offense they run Malone makes a lot of sense. Bryant to me I would have ranked over Malone by quite a bit as I like his hands a lot more than Malone's. I don't see those good hands that I see with some of the other guys in this draft.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at my draft:

1.22 : Forrest Lamp - OG - Western Kentucky

I traded up for Lamp. I had him as the top interior olineman and pretty close to the Zack Martin comparison that he is giving. Walterfootball compares him to Cody Whitehair but I feel like Lamp's combine and tape shows that he has more functional strength than Whitehair.

2.46 : Pat Mahomes - QB - Texas Tech

I had to trade up again for the 4th QB off the board in Mahomes. He is a popular pick for the Chiefs in rd1 so getting him in rd2 seems nice.

4.132 : Jordan Leggett - TE - Clemson

Chiefs have basically nothing at TE except for Kelce and he is probably in my top 5 list of players likely to get suspended for tackling a ref so depth is needed. Leggett has a lot of size and is a 'hands' TE that can help the Chiefs in red zone and 3rd down which are areas they need work on. The size is there for him to block so maybe he can get coached up.

5.170 : Connor Harris - ILB - Lindenwood

NFL.com compares him to Chris Borland which is very favorable for a 5th round pick. Apparently the Chiefs also tried him out as Fullback because Andy Reid is Andy Reid so I wouldn't be shocked if he was on KC's radar just due to Derrick Johnson's age. I like Ramik Wilson but the other LBs have had some issues staying healthy and some issues against the run.

5.180 : Donnel Pumphrey - RB - San Diego St.

Small school guy but also the leading rusher in FBS history. Probably closer to Dexter McCluster than Tye Hill but interesting enough for a 5th rounder.

6.216 : Michael Roberts - TE - Toledo

One of the better run blockers in the draft. PFF had him as a top 2 TE which is what you want PFF to say when its a smaller school prospect.

7.245 : Isaac Rochell - DT - Notre Dame

Surprise, no Jaye Howard so this is the best 3-4 DE fit I could find this late. Only one game of his tape and it looks decent enough as does his combine numbers.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Chargers: @wlk3 - X
Oakland Raiders: @TheRobotDevil - X
Kansas City Chiefs: @Clayton - X
Denver Broncos: @cdumler7 - X
Tennessee Titans: @femurov
Jacksonville Jaguars: @VFL1995
Indianapolis Colts: Nos - X
Houston Texans: @There is A Moose at 3rd
Cleveland Browns: @Shanemansj13
Baltimore Ravens: @broncosmitty
Pittsburgh Steelers: @ATL96Steeler - X
Cincinnati Bengals: @Tubbs1518
Buffalo Bills: @shopson67
Miami Dolphins: @FlyerFinFan
New York Jets: @MilkSpiller22
New England Patriots: @mr.hockey4242
San Francisco 49ers: @purguy12
Los Angeles Rams: @SJ76
Seattle Seahawks: @blstoker - X
Arizona Cardinals: @Ellis269 - X
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: @JuiceTheGator - X
Atlanta Falcons: @HaroldSeattle - X
New Orleans Saints: @tlance
Carolina Panthers: @ehb5
Chicago Bears: @beardown07 - X
Detroit Lions: @Mebert - X
Green Bay Packers: @Pack 500
Minnesota Vikings: @jeffro151 - X
Dallas Cowboys: @UK Cowboy - X
New York Giants: @fullxtension
Philadelphia Eagles: @mcnabb7542 - X
Washington Redskins: @Ritzarmy

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really understood how we can rank this mock...

Can I abstain from voting?? Honestly, I have no opinion on who did the best... I only have opinions on who did the worst...

Why do you always have to be difficult, we aren't playing for real money, just look the teams over and give me your top 5...

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@WestEndVol ?

I think this is just a weird WR class. Theres a ton of guys that you could like for a bunch of different reasons. I think KD Cannon went way later than he shouldve too but some of them just had to fall.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost feel like we need to wait until after the real draft until we vote so we can see where the real NFL teams draft these guys.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you always have to be difficult, we aren't playing for real money, just look the teams over and give me your top 5...

I can give you my bottom 5 pretty easily... top 5, I have NO clue...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen him a few times...I can't say I really focused on him in detail so I can't agree or dispute your thoughts. He made plays for the Vols this year. I just think he's raw for his craft, and will only get better at this level. As soon as Face mentioned he was still on the board, he was an easy pick for 248.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is just a weird WR class. Theres a ton of guys that you could like for a bunch of different reasons. I think KD Cannon went way later than he shouldve too but some of them just had to fall.
Yeah, I think you are going to see a lot of these late round WRs make rosters with a couple of boom/bust guys making it big.

I must admit going into this I thought someone like Stacy Coley would've gone rd5 and not rd7.