• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Northwestern QB Kain Colter testifies in bid to from college athlete union

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just removing the amateur label and letting athletes endorse products and receive money for when the university uses their likeness would be fine with me. Obviously, players at Texas have a better chance to market and make more money that way than players at Colorado, but at the same time if a five star athlete went to Colorado and was the biggest face at the school he might have more opportunities than being one of several five stars at Texas.

I also don't think it would affect recruiting that much

I'd love it, I would like to be able to recruit a player saying you will make a lot of money playing nationally televised games for every home game. Your endorsement contract will be significantly higher than if you sign with Colorado, Ole Miss, or anyone in the Big 12 (not named Texas). I can just image everyone getting excited to play in the Johnny Manziel Orange Bowl.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love it, I would like to be able to recruit a player saying you will make a lot of money playing nationally televised games for every home game. Your endorsement contract will be significantly higher than if you sign with Colorado, Ole Miss, or anyone in the Big 12 (not named Texas). I can just image everyone getting excited to play in the Johnny Manziel Orange Bowl.

That's debatable. I don't think it would work the way you expect it too. It's not like college athletes are going to be wanted to endorse everything. Johnny Manziel could endorse products, and a lot of athletes could endorse products locally. And, they have a chance to make money without it coming from the schools. Obviously, some athletes at Alabama will make more than some athletes at Tulsa, but recruits aren't choosing Tulsa over Alabama anyway. And, if a five star athlete were to choose Tulsa over Alabama there's a good chance he receives endorsement deals whereas at Alabama he's just one of several talented players and might not get an endorsement deal at all.