• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Northwestern @ Nebraska -- 11am CST on ESPN2

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eichorst hired one of Callahan's relatives who lusts over the west coast offense. I predicted a 7-5 season, but that's not even going to happen now. It looks like a 4-8 or a 5-7 season now.

By the way, what did anyone here think about Clemson, a WELL COACHED team beating Miami at Miami today by a score of 58-0?!

Miami was without Kaaya, so that does need to be considered.

They crushed them though.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

I don't believe that, not for one second.....

It's the coaching staff....PERIOD

"NEBRASKA BLOWS ANOTHER 4TH-QUARTER LEAD
Nebraska lost its FBS-leading fourth game this season in which it led in the fourth quarter. That's actually one more than the Cornhuskers had in seven seasons under Bo Pelini."

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a shit about the record.

The problem I have is this team is not improving. Now I'm driving in a hurricane to get over this shit

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, i said it right at the start. consistency. just not there today. WR drops and an offense that just couldn't find any consistency. TA making some great plays and then some boneheaded plays (pick six, sacks that didn't need to be taken, just throw the damn ball away). and we live and die by that. DL didn't attack the edge enough in the running game, i thought the outside was there especially with option such as the one TA scored on. i know it's not something he likes, but when you want to get the QB involved in the run, why not use something that he does well?

defensively it was pretty good through 3Qs. (except not being able to stop their QB, seriously, i understood the 1st long run, but they shouldn't have had another one.) i didn't understand how they got that 1st down there at the end, they were going to run the ball, we had like 6 guys in the box and they had 7 (with the QB who had run for 120 yds on us).

refs again, not showing up. seriously are they instructing them not to call holding? our d-line pressure went from a 1Q safety to nothing and there were a lot of holds (on the Huskers too, so i'm just saying they should call them when they are obvious)

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Callahan was better than this garbage.

Callahan's 5 losses would be by a combined 100 points rather than 13.

It's too early to go down that path just yet. Remember Callahan's first season? Remember his last?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran the ball 38 times at a 2.2 yard clip. I really don't think we win if we run it more. We won't run the ball well unless we pass the ball well vs most teams. People may not like it but this what the last staff left us up front, pass blockers. We have no AA to overcome that.

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran the ball 38 times at a 2.2 yard clip. I really don't think we win if we run it more. We won't run the ball well unless we pass the ball well vs most teams. People may not like it but this what the last staff left us up front, pass blockers. We have no AA to overcome that.

We never ran the ball outside once. Everything was strait up the gut.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know, but I have my doubts they work on the run much in practice.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

I don't believe that, not for one second.....

It's the coaching staff....PERIOD

I was referring to them as a more complete package, players and coaches. Don't really though, but if you had the NW coaching staff with the Husker players, and vice verse Skers coaching NW palyers, Skers would win. So maybe you are right :noidea:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The more reps they got running the ball in practice and in games, the better they would have gotten. With an erratic QB like we have, 20 passes is the most per game he should get. Also, how many third and short plays have been passes that either should have been runs or short passing plays instead of bombs? We are seeing why this coaching staff ROARED with three losing seasons out of their last five at Oregon St. Northwestern called a lot of running plays and you see where that got them... A win.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was referring to them as a more complete package, players and coaches. Don't really though, but if you had the NW coaching staff with the Husker players, and vice verse Skers coaching NW palyers, Skers would win. So maybe you are right :noidea:

I'm convinced that if we had the NW coaching staff, NU would have won today. On the other hand, If Riley had the NW players, Nebraska would have still lost today. Eichorst hired a losing staff. Most likely Nebraska will now end up at 4-8 or 5-7 and no bowl game. There's still a good chance there will be no more wins for Nebraska. 3-9 sure sounds disgusting. Again, nice going Eichorst.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is my concern. I think they need to give someone else a chance to see what they can do in backfield, I really don't think the Newby & Cross combo is all that good. I would like to see some new blood. Not sure if that is; Ozigbo, Wilbon, Stevenson, Taylor, etc. NW was 53rd in run D going into game and the coaching staff can't figure out how to get more than 82 f'ing yards. Come on.

Also, another thing, I wonder if Riley or staff can do simple math. Early in game, it set up need to go for 2 after the 1 and 2nd TD. I now it was really in game, but I think you need to go for that when you have that odd score difference earlier than opposed to later