• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Norm Nixon once said it as well...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss Come on dude you need to honor your bet for at least double the original deal...The numbskulls on here think you and I are clones and your not honoring your bet makes both of us look bad.

That's your own fault for hitching your wagon to Wiggy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is- that -- if LeBron was leaving and let the organization know that--- the CAvs trade for Irving would almost be exclusively for young guys and picks geared towards a rebuild that would not help LeBron this year at all.

If he tells the Cavs- im staying- and they execute a trade thats like Irving and Shump for Parker, Green and Aldridge---- he ties himself here for another couple years without seeing how things are likely to work out.

Not only that--- but i think he very much enjoys letting Dan Gilbert twist in the wind.

I still remember that time when you thought the Cavs would be running the East and in the Finals year after year for the next decade. As time always vindicates, posters like myself and @TurnUpTheHeat were right after all. At some point, shit happens.

Nice to see that the Cavs potentially will be back in the lotto (where they belong) after next season when Lebron bolts.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss Come on dude you need to honor your bet for at least double the original deal...The numbskulls on here think you and I are clones and your not honoring your bet makes both of us look bad.

Neither of you needs the other to look bad. You both manage quite well on your own.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could easily remedy the situation by letting the organization know what his intentions are past this year (ala Paul George) and let them make a much more informed decision.

I think Lebron's smarter than to risk Hurricane wishing injury on him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own the film that documents the 1983 NBA Playoffs and Finals on VHS...Being born in 1988 myself I have to go the extra mile for knowledge of the game's past.

In this particular film, Norm Nixon was posed the question by a reporter on how he would stop Moses Malone after his Lakers fell behind 0-3 vs. Malone's Sixers. Nixon said, "Yeah I've been thinking about bringing some of my boys over from the hotel to break his legs".:eek:

So let me get this straight by the logic of this board:

It's classless for a fan to wish injury on a player, but if a player did so on one of his peers (especially if it's a Lakers player initiating it), it's entirely acceptable.

Am I right or amirte?:dhd:
Seriously?

Dude, stick a memory card up your ass and save that shit for somebody who doesn't know better.

*totally stole that line *

You were dead-the-fuck serious.

Just own your shit and move on.

This misunderstood, martyr shit is boring.

:yawning:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still remember that time when you thought the Cavs would be running the East and in the Finals year after year for the next decade. As time always vindicates, posters like myself and @TurnUpTheHeat were right after all. At some point, shit happens.

Nice to see that the Cavs potentially will be back in the lotto (where they belong) after next season when Lebron bolts.

I don't like any player whining while still under contract, but I'll give Kyrie an A for having the balls to say he's tired of all the LeBroning.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

Dude, stick a memory card up your ass and save that shit for somebody who doesn't know better.

I had to change my pants and I'm also out of a tube sock now.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got a quote anywhere or did you make it up to get a rise? I'll give you some props if you are actually able recover one of my actual quotes, as is the case with you're claim that you've seen my "posts" on facebook complaining about you as a mod.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a quote anywhere or did you make it up to get a rise? I'll give you some props if you are actually able recover one of my actual quotes, as is the case with you're claim that you've seen my "posts" on facebook complaining about you as a mod.

You complain about "the mods" all the time on here. Why would facebook be any different?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like any player whining while still under contract, but I'll give Kyrie an A for having the balls to say he's tired of all the LeBroning.
That has been my argument.

There are actually radio hosts in Cleveland who have backed Kyrie in this thing--- "well its not what he signed up for--- he didnt know lebron was coming back-- he thought it would be his team" blah blah blah

LeBron is extremely difficult to deal with off the court at times--- there is no doubt about that--- but im pretty sure Kyrie Irving was the one that signed a 5 year contract worth the maximum amount of money possible--- after coming off a couple injuries. Im sure he wanted that security.

Hes always been Kobe's mentee more than Bron's. This is a move right out of Kobe's playbook.

Im just pissed that he waited so long to open his mouth- the Cavs would have dealt him to the Rockets for CP3 in half a second - and im sur the Clips would ahve done it too--- so he has no one but himself to blame at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least we dont go back and retroactively delete our posts when they are embarrassingly wrong like he does.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF LeBron bolts.

that is yet to be determined. Whether its next year or 3 years from now- at some point leBron is going to either leave or retire.

When that happens I hope the CAvs trade every asset they have for future picks--- and suck for 2-3 yeras just like the Sixers have- just like the Cavs did the first time around.

While the Cavs are doing that- your Heat will be wallowing in mediocrity- no cap room to bring in a major star--- missing all your 2nd rounders for the next 4 drafts-- missing 2 of your first rounders----- striking out on major free agents - just like Heyward.

As i have said mayn times- the worst place to be in the NBA is in the middle. Thats where the Heat have set themselves up to be for the forseeable future- they are the Trailblazers- maxed out cap wise- except the blazers have some EXTRA draft picks instead of having dealt a bunch off--- and the Blazers have a real star in Lillard.

its not even like the HEat are a "young up and coming team" either--- there 2 best players are 31 and 28. Winslow has been extremely injury prone and cant hit the broadside of a barn with a jump shot. You just spent one of your few draft assetso n a backup center.

who would have thought that the cap room from Bosh's contract which has been the subject of so many hopes to bring in a star i nthe future would be used on KELLY OLNYK and sucking up the poison pill jump from 6 to 19 million in Tyler Johnsons contract. lol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF LeBron bolts.

that is yet to be determined. Whether its next year or 3 years from now- at some point leBron is going to either leave or retire.

When that happens I hope the CAvs trade every asset they have for future picks--- and suck for 2-3 yeras just like the Sixers have- just like the Cavs did the first time around.

While the Cavs are doing that- your Heat will be wallowing in mediocrity- no cap room to bring in a major star--- missing all your 2nd rounders for the next 4 drafts-- missing 2 of your first rounders----- striking out on major free agents - just like Heyward.

As i have said mayn times- the worst place to be in the NBA is in the middle. Thats where the Heat have set themselves up to be for the forseeable future- they are the Trailblazers- maxed out cap wise- except the blazers have some EXTRA draft picks instead of having dealt a bunch off--- and the Blazers have a real star in Lillard.

its not even like the HEat are a "young up and coming team" either--- there 2 best players are 31 and 28. Winslow has been extremely injury prone and cant hit the broadside of a barn with a jump shot. You just spent one of your few draft assetso n a backup center.

who would have thought that the cap room from Bosh's contract which has been the subject of so many hopes to bring in a star i nthe future would be used on KELLY OLNYK and sucking up the poison pill jump from 6 to 19 million in Tyler Johnsons contract. lol.

With all of those assets, Cleveland has still sucked ass. You need to have a quality GM like the Spurs, Thunder, Warriors, etc.. to do something with those assets; something that Danny boy has shown he's not willing to spend money on. The only reason why the Cavs are in the position that they're in is because Lebron's just that good. The minute he leaves Cleveland, you're right, the Cavs will go back to being bottom bitch like they're regularly accustomed to. How many generational players do you count on coming out of Ohio to save your piss poor excuse of a franchise.

I'll take a competitive team over a team that regularly gets on its knees like yours.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF LeBron bolts.

I don't know any Heat fan that wanted Hayward at the expense of losing 2-3 pieces from last years team.
He's not even close to being that much of a difference maker.

Heat went 30-11 2nd half of last season without Bosh or anyone using his cap space.
So, as of today, the entire core of that group is back but now is healthy and upgraded.
I said last year after watching that group that I'd take volume vs overpaying a supposed max player.
This team is def worth an over bet.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF LeBron bolts.

shut the fuck up

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's incredible about the Norm Nixon comment was Moses had won back to back MVPs and was putting up 25 and 20 in the finals sweep... what's crazy is back then the NBA owners were furious with the Sixers for giving Moses and outrageous 2 million a year. Crazy to think non starting shooting guards on Philly are making 23 million per year.

Another crazy thing from my childhood was when Philly played Bill Walton and the Blazers in the 77 finals we listened to it on the radio cause the finals games were on tape delay and not even live
TIMES HAVE CHANGED!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's incredible about the Norm Nixon comment was Moses had won back to back MVPs and was putting up 25 and 20 in the finals sweep... what's crazy is back then the NBA owners were furious with the Sixers for giving Moses and outrageous 2 million a year. Crazy to think non starting shooting guards on Philly are making 23 million per year.

Another crazy thing from my childhood was when Philly played Bill Walton and the Blazers in the 77 finals we listened to it on the radio cause the finals games were on tape delay and not even live
TIMES HAVE CHANGED!

I used to avoid the radio, news, etc. just so I could watch the tape delay not knowing what had happened.