• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Non auto-bid BCS teams

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this is a very good thing. Especially with Ville joining ACC

I dont know, I think Louisville is flash right now. they have had like 3 good seasons this decade 2 in a row right now but I dont know how long they hold on to Strong. especially if a certain chomping swamp school comes calling soon.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, I think Louisville is flash right now. they have had like 3 good seasons this decade 2 in a row right now but I dont know how long they hold on to Strong. especially if a certain chomping swamp school comes calling soon.

ya true. But looking at the big picture, I think out of all of those AAC teams Ville with or without strong have the most staying power.

THey have a very nice Athletic Department compared to the rest.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFP is the BCS with a mask.

Three major differences.

1. Obviously the 4 team playoff.

2. An additional game, the NC that isnt associated with bowls.

3. The addition of the Cotton and Peach.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought AQ status was going away completely next year?

No it gets worse next year.
the tie in bowls wont have to take the lower tier teams.
And I dont think the Only 2 teams from a conference thing matters anymore.
this is why the access for 1 team from the other 5 was created.
but like I said it wont change much as there has constantly been a team right at ranking about 15 anyway.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, we still will have the ACC, B1G, Big12, PAC, and SEC as AQ schools for the new BCS (CFP) games.

Not so sure about that. I've read more than one thing indicating the powers that be want AQ status gone.

"It is no secret that AQ designation for the so-called six top leagues in the nation has been on the chopping block for several months now, as ideas have been bandied about toward improving the college football postseason."

Where does Big East fit in future BCS? - Big East Blog - ESPN

I know they're trying to get rid of it. I assumed it was a done deal. Not quite yet I guess. But I wouldn't count on AQ status as we know it as soon as next season.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
So TCU and Boise State didn't square off in the 2010 Fiesta Bowl? Man I need to layoff the Frostys

TCU got hosed on that game. They should have been in the Sugar against whoever, Boise was in the Fiesta for sure that year. The higher ups couldn't let TCU in the sugar because they would have had give them alot more of thier profits.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it gets worse next year.
the tie in bowls wont have to take the lower tier teams.
And I dont think the Only 2 teams from a conference thing matters anymore.
this is why the access for 1 team from the other 5 was created.
but like I said it wont change much as there has constantly been a team right at ranking about 15 anyway.

add to that... The B1G gets 2 teams no matter what.

Even if only one is worthy.

Same with SEC but I dont see a scenario where there are 2 teams that arent deserving of their two guaranteed spots.

I can see the B1G in that scenario. Most likely B1G will have 2 deserving teams, but I can see a down year in that conference in coming years where only one of the 12 spots should be represented by a B1G team.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything to the contrary?

Non AQs can have two teams. Just very unlikely.

Especially with the plan laid out in the upcoming CFP games.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
add to that... The B1G gets 2 teams no matter what.

Even if only one is worthy.

Same with SEC but I dont see a scenario where there are 2 teams that arent deserving of their two guaranteed spots.

I can see the B1G in that scenario. Most likely B1G will have 2 deserving teams, but I can see a down year in that conference in coming years where only one of the 12 spots should be represented by a B1G team.

How do you figure they get 2 spots no matter what? I mean I see why it is likely but I dont see anywhere in the rules that says so.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you talking about the rotating deal with orange?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure about that. I've read more than one thing indicating the powers that be want AQ status gone.

"It is no secret that AQ designation for the so-called six top leagues in the nation has been on the chopping block for several months now, as ideas have been bandied about toward improving the college football postseason."

Where does Big East fit in future BCS? - Big East Blog - ESPN

I know they're trying to get rid of it. I assumed it was a done deal. Not quite yet I guess. But I wouldn't count on AQ status as we know it as soon as next season.

Possibly ture.

But for the next 15 years we are locked into an AQ statues with the CFP.

2 SEC teams

2 B1G teams

1 PAC team

1 Big12 team

1 or 2 ACC teams depending on if the 4 team playoff is an Orange Bowl game or if ND qualifies. Most years ACC will have 2 teams.

These are all automatic qualifiers.

Then you have the other 5 conferences... Mtn West, Sunbelt, CUSA, MAC, AAC that will get one guaranteed berth.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry Oly. You were speaking on the ACC not the B1G right?

Ya, the ACC with the Orange Bowl.

Add that to the ND scenario with them being considered ACC team status and most likely we have 2 ACC team yearly.

Not guaranteed, just very likely they get two yearly.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oly, I may be wrong because I am not finding what I am claiming anywhere.

But I do remember when this thing was launched I read multiple times the B1G was guaranteed 2 spots.

:noidea:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was
Rose Pac vs B1G as usual
Sugar SEC vs Big 12
Orange ACC vs a rotation of SEC, B1G and ND
Cotton. Peach and Fiesta will match at larges and 1 of the 6 spots goes to the group of 5.
2 of these bowls will be used as semifinals for a last bowl not included in these to determine the NC.
The highest-ranked champion from the so-called "Group of Five" mid-major conferences (American Athletic Conference, Conference USA, MAC, Mountain West, and Sun Belt) is guaranteed a berth if the group's top team is not in the playoff.[22]
  • The remaining five at-large bids will be determined by committee rankings.[22]
  • If the Big Ten or SEC champion is available for a non-playoff bowl in a year when the Rose and Sugar Bowls are hosting semifinals, that team will appear in either the Cotton, Fiesta, or Chick-fil-A Peach bowls, but not the Orange Bowl.[22]
  • In the Orange Bowl, the SEC and Big Ten are guaranteed at least three appearances during the eight non-playoff years, while Notre Dame can only appear a maximum of twice.[23]
  • In non-playoff years, if the Orange Bowl matchup creates a regular-season rematch for the ACC representative, the bowl may choose to "skip over" the prescribed opponent from the SEC/Big Ten/Notre Dame group and select the next highest-ranked team from the group. The team that was rejected would be placed in one of the three at-large bowls, if it meets ranking standards.[