• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No wonder Arian Foster's back is tweaked

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As I've read this thread since my last post, I have a problem with all of this from both sides. I completely agree that Foster should be made to pay his fair share for child support. If for nothing else, just being a total moron. We live in an age where this shit is so obvious and everybody knows the consequences of their actions. There really is no excuse for it. Having said that, unfortunately, the woman and not the child will be the one who benefits from this. Yes, she will likely do what is necessary to care for the child and that is all well and good but this notion that every kid or her "deserve" some specific status or lifestyle bothers me. I would be fine with him having to provide a monthly stipend that gets this child all the basic needs, (food, clothing, medical needs, etc.) but beyond that, nothing more. It is and should be her priority as primary caregiver to deal with all the rest of the parenting of this child. Just as Roe V. Wade has given the woman the right of choice in abortion issues, the right to keep the child is her's as well. With that right comes the responsibility to raise the child and do what she must to see the child get's a proper education by working hard and earning scholarships if necessary. And guess what, not every kid gets to go to college. Maybe this kid will end up working in a trade or something. Nothing wrong with that. Being a carpenter, electrician , plumber, etc is just as noble as being a doctor, scientist or whatever.

The courts will make the ultimate decision here and so be it but I think our society as a whole needs to step back from this " give every kid everything they could possibly want" attitude. The baby boomers (my generation) have screwed up everybody with this. We create a society of needy, selfish, arrogant idiots who think they are entitled to something. Or we create victims who can't defend themselves or stand on their own two feet. Sometimes a struggle is not a bad thing. It makes all of us stronger in the end. Warren Buffett has the right idea with his kids. Despite his massive resources and wealth, his kids never got any more than any other kids and they learned to fend for themselves. Hell, he refused to give his daughter 30K for a kitchen reno and they get very little of his wealth when he dies. That speaks volumes to me about strength of character.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell she didn't know he was married. She knew exactly what she was doing.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
child support is decided upon placement. If she's not a fit mother, he can get the majority of the placement and then SHE can pay child support. She doesn't have to get anything. I'm not denying things aren't skewed towards the woman, but it can be done. My brother just went thru all this garbage in a divorce. He is the full legal and custodial parent. She was ordered to pay him child support. She can make no legal decisions concerning their child. The deck was certainly stacked against him, but he fought it all the way.

It sounds like he doesn't want custody, though.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he'll pay child support. It's not tough. If you make so much and have a child, they will figure out your portion based on placement and compare that to your income and that's how much you pay. Pretty simple. If he doesn't want the responsibility of raising a child he fathered, it's going to cost him financially.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you this girl got pregnant on purpose, and she did it to make money. Fuck her.

The system is rigged to fuck over the guy.

Foster could have prevented the whole thing. If he doesn't have the will-power to keep his junk in his pants and stay loyal to his family, than fuck him. Foster is the bigger idiot for getting duped by a bimbo.

To say the system is rigged to fuck over the guy is not only chauvinistic, but it is moronic. Nobody forced Foster to cheat. The system didn't fuck over Foster, Foster fucked over himself and he deserves to pay the consequences.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone else find it funny that the "personal responsibility" folks tend to find blame, not with the person that doesn't want to take any personal responsibility, but the "system" they don't understand?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She knew he was married and probably went into the trash and took out the used condom and did what she had to to get paid.

Either way, isn't this just business as usual for both the rich athlete and those who stalk them? The kid is the only real loser here. Once he learns why he came into being it's going to be really hard to keep him in line.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
She knew he was married and probably went into the trash and took out the used condom and did what she had to to get paid.

Either way, isn't this just business as usual for both the rich athlete and those who stalk them? The kid is the only real loser here. Once he learns why he came into being it's going to be really hard to keep him in line.

I agree Wizard, the kid will lose in the end because the father wants no part of him/her and his mother will just use him/her to get rich quick. That may possibly change for her or it may get worse, who knows. Honestly, there are so many couples out there who can't have kids and adoption is a great choice to give the kid a fighting chance in a normal environment. DNA does not make a person a parent, raising and caring for a child do and that has nothing to do with just money.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, really?!