• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No One Cares, But Bucks Sold

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks sold to hedge fund partners for record $550 million - CBSSports.com

Herb Kohl sold the Bucks to Marc Lasry and Wes Edens, a couple of hedge fund billionaires. They're at least making attempts to build a new arena, the Bradley Center is total crap. Herb Kohl put in $100 million and Lasry/Edens at least $100 million as well. Publicly a new tax won't get much support, so the more private money they get the better. Mark Attanasio(the Brewers owner) would be my best guess of someone who would donate a fairly large chunk of money privately to an arena fund.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible. I still think they're holing on to hope a new arena can be built, they've got a nice start but a long way to go.
Does a new arena help if it is still home to the Bucks?

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care, just hope they can finally get things figured out.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm old enough to remember the Bucks were once a pretty good organization but have really went astray for a long time now. When I was a young kid they were always good. That dates me but there were a lot of good times back then and a lot of stars. I think a change in ownership is a good thing provided they are serious about keeping the team in Milwaukee. The are will support the team if the ownership and managment give them a good reason to.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J. Parker would be nice.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care and Im not a Bucks fan but living in Wisconsin love to go to Bucks games.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a new arena help if it is still home to the Bucks?

That's a really good question. I think they hope that a new arena will draw fans and people will get excited about the franchise again. Another part of the optimism is maybe getting rid of John Hammond and possibly Larry Drew along with a top pick and probable roster overhaul will make the team look more enticing to players. I don't know how true that is, or if there plan will succeed.

I heard a bit of Lasry and Eden's press conference and they were saying that the models they should look at are the Packers and Brewers and how successful they are. Thinking back to the George Karl, Glenn Robinson, Ray Allen, and Sam Cassell teams the Bradley Center was always packed, so there is some precedent. The franchise is just in such disarray that a turn around is so difficult to fathom, for me at least...but I have a little bit of hope right now.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Seattle's Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer offered 600 million for the franchise but they were declined because the owner wanted to keep the Bucks in Milwaukee. That's pretty awesome though, unlike the Sonics fucktard owner Howard Shultz who just gave up.

Superdonk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Seattle's Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer offered 600 million for the franchise but they were declined because the owner wanted to keep the Bucks in Milwaukee. That's pretty awesome though, unlike the Sonics fucktard owner Howard Shultz who just gave up.

As much as it sucks to see Seattle get cock-blocked again, at least the Kings and Bucks are trying to keep thier teams. Fuck Shultz and Clay Bennett and David Stern.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team must give people a reason to care. I remember the days of Moncrief, Pressey & Lanier. They had some really good, deep teams that just couldn't get by Philly or Boston in the 80's. Hopefully things will get better in the future, but with the way the NBA is run it won't be easy.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is Mark Cuban seems to think every NBA franchise is worth 1 billion +, when in reality only three franchises are actually worth as much. Mark is great business man but cmon....

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as it sucks to see Seattle get cock-blocked again, at least the Kings and Bucks are trying to keep thier teams. Fuck Shultz and Clay Bennett and David Stern.

amen

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to the Bucks organization, hopefully they can get back on track..

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ownership can drive a team down, and it can raise a team up. Here in Boston, there is a direct correlation to well run/aligned orgs and consistent results. Boston success in all sports has been because in a unique fashion all are well run. Looking back at the 90's, before org changes we were watching our teams do stupid things. Here's to a chance to bring in a staff/talent that can make the Bucks great. It starts at the top, so its only positive imo right now.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am blessed to be a Lakers fan, but sometimes I feel sorry for franchises and their fans who have to go year after year of being bottom feeders. Sometimes, it just take that one superstar in the draft, to turn a franchise around. Ask Cleveland fans.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am blessed to be a Lakers fan, but sometimes I feel sorry for franchises and their fans who have to go year after year of being bottom feeders. Sometimes, it just take that one superstar in the draft, to turn a franchise around. Ask Cleveland fans.

The problem is the Bucks even if they get a superstar they still will leave for a better city. Keeping a superstar in Milwaukee is a tough thing to do.