• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Bucks owner Herb Kohl give stadium employees $500 as gift

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,118.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herb Kohl may have sold the Milwaukee Bucks, but he hasn't stopped handing out bucks.

Kohl, who recently sold the team for approximately $550 million, sent employees of the Bucks' home arena, the BMO Harris Bradley Center, surprise $500 checks in the mail, according to a report from Wisconsin TV station WISN 12 News.

Izeal Atkins, an usher in what was Kohl's seating section of the arena, said he was touched by the gesture.

"I am not quick to shed tears," Atkins told WISN 12 News. "I sat there and shed tears for maybe five to 10 minutes because nobody just walks up, gives you $500."

Atkins said his check also came with a letter from the former U.S. senator.

"Today, I want to express my gratitude and appreciation," Atkins' letter read, according to WISN 12 News. "That's why I am pleased to provide you with a gesture of my appreciation."

"The employees of the BMO Harris Bradley Center are like family to Senator Kohl, and this was a way for him to demonstrate his appreciation," Steve Costello, president and CEO of the BMO Harris Bradley Center, said in a statement Tuesday. "We are most grateful for this very thoughtful gesture."

Source: ESPN

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a good guy with a good heart. He could have really cashed out but he also gave money to the new owners to guarantee they stayed in Milwaukee when he sold the team. I wish the new owners the best, hope they get off with a good start after receiving the second pick, make it good. He didn't just talk the talk. The progressives are proud of Kohl.