• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more FCS programs for UF?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if more schools move this direction it should be easier to schedule more home and homes with power 5 teams.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NCAA should rethink scrimmage games..its pretty much what FCS games are more or less...feel bad for the FCS programs the revenues they make off of these games is what keeps these teams alive...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NCAA should rethink scrimmage games..its pretty much what FCS games are more or less...feel bad for the FCS programs the revenues they make off of these games is what keeps these teams alive...

My theory is that the P5's will offer contracts to the FCS programs to help replace those games by playing theirs( the FCS team) on THEIR(P5 conference) tv AND of course give the conference networks more college football programming albeit at the FCS level.

Personally I would like to see the non P5 programs play their season in the spring so I could have more time to take in their seasons as well. Love college ball no matter the level but (for me anyway) I simply don't have time to keep up with my own team, then our conference race in the Big12, then the other P5 groups and enjoying how the season unfolds and giving the "lesser" level it's due diligence.

I think it could be the saving grace for those programs, I know for sure for instance that if Marshall played in the spring many a WVU fan would bandwagon the home state team and support the Herd (not all granted) growing their fan base attendance ect. I could see that happening in several states. The hunger is there for college football, the tv contracts prove that, I say feed us ( the college football fan)in the spring as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory is that the P5's will offer contracts to the FCS programs to help replace those games by playing theirs( the FCS team) on THEIR(P5 conference) tv AND of course give the conference networks more college football programming albeit at the FCS level.

Personally I would like to see the non P5 programs play their season in the spring so I could have more time to take in their seasons as well. Love college ball no matter the level but (for me anyway) I simply don't have time to keep up with my own team, then our conference race in the Big12, then the other P5 groups and enjoying how the season unfolds and giving the "lesser" level it's due diligence.

I think it could be the saving grace for those programs, I know for sure for instance that if Marshall played in the spring many a WVU fan would bandwagon the home state team and support the Herd (not all granted) growing their fan base attendance ect. I could see that happening in several states. The hunger is there for college football, the tv contracts prove that, I say feed us ( the college football fan)in the spring as well.

What a great out of the box idea....I like it!....:10:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:Except for any WVU fan rooting for Marshall I like the idea.

I would rather have a sister in a whore house than a brother at Marshall! lol

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:Except for any WVU fan rooting for Marshall I like the idea.

I would rather have a sister in a whore house than a brother at Marshall! lol
:first: