• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Fielder

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nolan says no 7 or 8 years deals for either of the 1B on the market.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There never really was consideration. Was just the agents for those guys pumping up the talking heads based soley on on the fact that TEX may have access to money.

Spending money is what east coast teams do regardless of the quality of the spend or the fit. Ryan's been in the business for awhile and doesn't buy "shiny watches" just because some ESPN or SI head thinks "TEX is high the running" for them.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan knows pitching is the missing link to the holy grail. That is where he will focus his efforts I believe. I really feel like they are one starting pitcher away.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. I really want CJ to come back but as the #2. I'm wondering if the phillies might be willing to make Hamels an option for us.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys actually think Fielder is getting an 8 year deal? Dream on. Nobody is giving an overweight first baseman an 8 year deal no matter how great he has been. Pujols thinks he can do better than the Cardinals offer from before last season because he is an egomaniac. Fielder just wants a fair deal in my opinion. Also, don't believe whatever information or disinformation comes from the Rangers front office. These guys are MASTERS at not tipping their hand.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still think that a CJ/Oswalt combo is possible

I think Oswalt would look great in a Cardinal uniform. Not so much in a Ranger uniform. He has diminished "stuff" and has health concerns and age concerns. At this point, I would worry about him adapting to the park and the American League. We know he can take the heat and he likes Texas. I just think he is a National League pitcher and would not be an improvement over what the Rangers already have on staff.

Everybody on this board keeps worrying about their pitching and I keep on telling you guys that the pitching on this team is fabulous. My god, can you guys just go back and watch some games from last season or something? The Rangers are not going to get guys with better pure stuff than Harrison, Holland or Ogando.

Hell, they aren't going to be able to sign anyone better than Colby or Feldman unless it is CJ. And think about this, Holland, Harrison and Ogando all are going to have 1 more year under their belt. Now is not the time to get queesy and change the course. Now is the time to reap the benefits of being patient and building the staff.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correctomundo. With Nolan's discriminating eye and brain ... I wonder if CJ has pitched his last pitch for TEX?

I was wondering that for most of the year just from the lack of conversation within the organization about it. They have played this really close to the vest.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oswalt would look great in a Cardinal uniform. Not so much in a Ranger uniform. He has diminished "stuff" and has health concerns and age concerns. At this point, I would worry about him adapting to the park and the American League. We know he can take the heat and he likes Texas. I just think he is a National League pitcher and would not be an improvement over what the Rangers already have on staff.

Everybody on this board keeps worrying about their pitching and I keep on telling you guys that the pitching on this team is fabulous. My god, can you guys just go back and watch some games from last season or something? The Rangers are not going to get guys with better pure stuff than Harrison, Holland or Ogando.

Hell, they aren't going to be able to sign anyone better than Colby or Feldman unless it is CJ. And think about this, Holland, Harrison and Ogando all are going to have 1 more year under their belt. Now is not the time to get queesy and change the course. Now is the time to reap the benefits of being patient and building the staff.

How do you know he can?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so why would Oswalt do better in a Cardinals uniform than he could do in a Rangers?

it would not surprise me to see the Rangers move Ogando back to the pen next season. once teams identified that he was a 2-pitch starter they adjusted and you saw him get hit and he wore down late. if Wash had had faith in Ogando you would have saw him starting the playoffs instead of Harrison but Wash realized that all he could get from Ogando was maybe and inning or 2.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All ogando needs to be a force in the rotation this year is a change up or curve ball he can throw for good strikes. If he develops just one good pitch to go with his fastball and sliders I think he will be nails. He really needs to work on strengthening his lower body too to be able to make it through a whole season. I would rather have him in the rotation next year than move Feliz.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All ogando needs to be a force in the rotation this year is a change up or curve ball he can throw for good strikes. If he develops just one good pitch to go with his fastball and sliders I think he will be nails. He really needs to work on strengthening his lower body too to be able to make it through a whole season. I would rather have him in the rotation next year than move Feliz.

IF he develops a third pitch that he can control and throw for strikes then i'm all for him in the rotation but he has to come into ST with it or i put him in the pen and let him work on it as the long reliever and that allows us to move Feldman

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the Rangers resign CJ and even add another Starting Pitcher it would be very hard for the Rangers to also have Fielder. The Payroll can only go up so much at a time.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rangers resign CJ and even add another Starting Pitcher it would be very hard for the Rangers to also have Fielder. The Payroll can only go up so much at a time.

so if Moreland's wrist issue clears up then we go with Moreland & MY at 1st though the thought of Fielder or Pujols on this team makes the Rangers the new Murder's Row

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nobody right now knows what the Rangers are willing to spend. Not arguing what Fielder can do for the Rangers. It all comes down to how much the Rangers are willing to increase their payroll to accomadate Fielder. At the end of the Day it still going to matter what kind of pitching the Rangers get.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody right now knows what the Rangers are willing to spend. Not arguing what Fielder can do for the Rangers. It all comes down to how much the Rangers are willing to increase their payroll to accomadate Fielder. At the end of the Day it still going to matter what kind of pitching the Rangers get.

i'll get in trouble for saying this but EXACTLY

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if Moreland's wrist issue clears up then we go with Moreland & MY at 1st though the thought of Fielder or Pujols on this team makes the Rangers the new Murder's Row

MY back on 1st base. :burt:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so why would Oswalt do better in a Cardinals uniform than he could do in a Rangers?

it would not surprise me to see the Rangers move Ogando back to the pen next season. once teams identified that he was a 2-pitch starter they adjusted and you saw him get hit and he wore down late. if Wash had had faith in Ogando you would have saw him starting the playoffs instead of Harrison but Wash realized that all he could get from Ogando was maybe and inning or 2.

It was Ogando's first year as a starter so I'm not to sure the Rangers were alarmed at his late season struggles. If you have faith that Euhara will bounce back next year after bombing then it's hard to imagine that you don't think Ogando will regain his spot in the rotation.