• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NNS needs to do something about this

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kyle Busch won 6 of the 10 races in the series so far. Can someone tell me how this is helpful for the NNS series? I'm sorry but if you're a cup regular (unless you're a rookie or in your 2nd year) you cannot participate in more than 6 NNS races in a year because this is getting out of hand now.

What fun is it to beat up on the minor league of Nascar if you're a top cup driver?

This is why I stopped watching NNS races.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kyle Busch won 6 of the 10 races in the series so far. Can someone tell me how this is helpful for the NNS series? I'm sorry but if you're a cup regular (unless you're a rookie or in your 2nd year) you cannot participate in more than 6 NNS races in a year because this is getting out of hand now.

What fun is it to beat up on the minor league of Nascar if you're a top cup driver?

This is why I stopped watching NNS races.

Same here, it's a fucking joke. Kyle likes to stroke his ego by winning these little league races. Imagine the uproar if a MLB club sent their entire MLB roster down to A/AA/AAA just to win a big game. Nascar needs their ass kicked for allowing this to go on.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It puts asses in the seat on Saturday, it sells merchandise, sodas, beer, food and whatever else at the track. Most people who go to NNS race like to see the big dogs while they are there. NNS can hardly field 40 cars every week as it is. And this isn't a new phenomenon, Mark Martin used to do the same thing Kryle's doing. He owned the Busch Series back then. I do think a 6-8 race limit on the cup guys would be good for the actual racing though. Just don't know if you're going to see it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is that nascar thought by forcing the drivers to just run for 1 title would stop cup drivers from running basically a full NNS season.

Anyway in the other 4 races which Kyle did not win, 2 other cup drivers. So out of 10 races this season only 2 drivers who are actually driving for the NNS title won a race which was Hornish and Regan Smith

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i knew you had to declare which series you wanted to compete in regardless of running cars in both. But does NNS still determine the champion by using the old point system?

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
It puts asses in the seat on Saturday, it sells merchandise, sodas, beer, food and whatever else at the track. Most people who go to NNS race like to see the big dogs while they are there. NNS can hardly field 40 cars every week as it is. And this isn't a new phenomenon, Mark Martin used to do the same thing Kryle's doing. He owned the Busch Series back then. I do think a 6-8 race limit on the cup guys would be good for the actual racing though. Just don't know if you're going to see it.

they are virtually all there for the entire weekend anyway..i dont need to see carl edwards or kyle busch stealing the thunder of younger up and coming drivers.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are virtually all there for the entire weekend anyway..i dont need to see carl edwards or kyle busch stealing the thunder of younger up and coming drivers.

People like to take their kids to the NNS races because they aren't as crowded, therefore less drunks and less commotion overall. And some people don't won't to deal with the Sunday crowd anyway. Yet they still want to see some of the Cup drivers. I don't think it's as big a problem as it seems. It's just that Kryle is dominating it at the moment, but it will pass. He will lose his edge. It happens to all of them.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i knew you had to declare which series you wanted to compete in regardless of running cars in both. But does NNS still determine the champion by using the old point system?

Actually they use same points but dont have a chase in NNS
So basicly u get 43 for winning and 42 for 2nd and so on plus bonus pts of 1 for leading a lap 1 for most laps led and 3 for a win:suds:

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule needs to be only allow to race 3 times in the NNS series if you are Big boy series. Per season.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule needs to be only allow to race 3 times in the NNS series if you are Big boy series. Per season.

I approve this rule.

If you're someone like Danica who is in their 1st or 2nd full year then I'm fine with you running as much races as you want but veterans like Kyle & Carl who compete for a title basically every year should be limited to at most 5 races.

msuspartan73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NNS only allows 40 cars, this past week they had 45 teams trying to get in the field

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the cap idea at about 10 races. The Cup drivers draw crowds to these events. The best rule they could put in I think would be to not allow a cup driver to drive in the NNS for the same team he drives for in the cup series. JGR wouldnt let Kyle drive for RCR, Roush, or Hendrick in the NNS so he would have to drive for himself like he did last year when he didnt win because he didnt have the JGR cars. The #54 was absorbed back into JGR and he is winning again. If the drivers want to run in the NNS, let them run their own teams...

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NNS only allows 40 cars, this past week they had 45 teams trying to get in the field

doesn't happen that often but I'd be willing to see if more teams would show up if the cup guys weren't there. I doubt it, but maybe.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't happen that often but I'd be willing to see if more teams would show up if the cup guys weren't there. I doubt it, but maybe.
Is that a good thing? The additional cars would be junk and non-competitive and would turn NNS into the ARCA "no brakes" series.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a good thing? The additional cars would be junk and non-competitive and would turn NNS into the ARCA "no brakes" series.

true. Honestly I have no problem with the way things are now. It's the way it has been for my entire lifetime, but it would seem that today's fan would rather not have the cup guys run in the Busch Series.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care either way. I like the rule that forces a guy to pick his series to accumulate championship points. The win does not matter because the NNS guys accumulate the points toward a championship and nobody remembers who won a NNS race anyway except for balls-to-the-wall sports fans like us.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care either way. I like the rule that forces a guy to pick his series to accumulate championship points. The win does not matter because the NNS guys accumulate the points toward a championship and nobody remembers who won a NNS race anyway except for balls-to-the-wall sports fans like us.

Except Kryle, he likes to blow up his own ego and drive around with a flag that commemorated his 'accomplishment' of winning more little league races than Mark Martin.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what Jeffro. That is why it is called a race. If NNS drivers want to learn to win especially if they have plans of moving to the Cup level, let them learn to put a car out there that can beat Kyle and his ego. Kyle is not going to win every race. He may win the lionshare of them but again so what?The NNS series is really a feeder series or a series for those who are not ever going to get a Cup ride just like ARCA.

Trying to regulate winning because of a perceived unfair advantage is exactly what is killing this sport. Back-in-the-day, if your competitor was winning gobs of racing then the manufactureer of brand would develop something better. Besides, the top finishing NNS driver stills accumulates the points and the competition for the championship continues for those drivers who have chosen NNS as their main series.