• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tommy Pham (R) CF
2. Paul DeJong (R) SS
3. Jose Martinez (R) 1B
4. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
5. Jedd Gyorko (R) 3B
6. Dexter Fowler (S) RF
7. Francisco Pena (R) C
8. Greg Garcia (L) 2B
9. Michael Wacha (R) P

No Carpenter for a 2nd game, but I would still like to see Bader in right. I know the Padres are throwing a right hander, but Fowler is awful. I agree with the, Kelly needs to play, scenario. He isn't any worse than Pena.
JMart is fading fast too...he's regressed significantly each month

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tommy Pham (R) CF
2. Paul DeJong (R) SS
3. Jose Martinez (R) 1B
4. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
5. Jedd Gyorko (R) 3B
6. Dexter Fowler (S) RF
7. Francisco Pena (R) C
8. Greg Garcia (L) 2B
9. Michael Wacha (R) P

No Carpenter for a 2nd game, but I would still like to see Bader in right. I know the Padres are throwing a right hander, but Fowler is awful. I agree with the, Kelly needs to play, scenario. He isn't any worse than Pena.

Maybe Matheny isn't quite as dense as we thought he might be with his starting lineup tonight with the exception of Bader not being in right field. I like Garcia being at 2nd base too and Kelly needs to play more because Tony's boy is just not cutting it behind the plate.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tommy Pham (R) CF
2. Paul DeJong (R) SS
3. Jose Martinez (R) 1B
4. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
5. Jedd Gyorko (R) 3B
6. Dexter Fowler (S) RF
7. Francisco Pena (R) C
8. Greg Garcia (L) 2B
9. Michael Wacha (R) P

Well, that potent offense worked out fabulously. Plus Matheny uses a short reliever for 2+ innings, but the game was lost on the offensive side.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your starting 1B can't lead the NL 1B in errors by double, while also having more errors than HR's. JMart has to be moved to an AL team

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
five wins in a row, look out for those up and coming Cincinnati Reds :lol:

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
five wins in a row, look out for those up and coming Cincinnati Reds :lol:
LA looks like a runaway steamroller hit their clubhouse.
They seriously need to re-evaluate whether Chase Utley is the man for 2B on an infield with their regular 3B and SS basically out for the season. Their outfield is like a YMCA picnic game.

Reds are playing decent ball now but the rotation is still very unpredictable. I think Homer just got chunked back to the No. 5 spot. Harvey, of course, has pitched 4 innings.

Cincy is not as bad as we saw. Their luck is better now and the bullpen is much stronger. Wandy needs to get some innings in Louisville.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that potent offense worked out fabulously. Plus Matheny uses a short reliever for 2+ innings, but the game was lost on the offensive side.

Carpenter took another called third strike last night as a pinch hitter. Why does he keep doing this?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA looks like a runaway steamroller hit their clubhouse.
They seriously need to re-evaluate whether Chase Utley is the man for 2B on an infield with their regular 3B and SS basically out for the season. Their outfield is like a YMCA picnic game.

Reds are playing decent ball now but the rotation is still very unpredictable. I think Homer just got chunked back to the No. 5 spot. Harvey, of course, has pitched 4 innings.

Cincy is not as bad as we saw. Their luck is better now and the bullpen is much stronger. Wandy needs to get some innings in Louisville.

John, Your Reds are indeed playing much better lately and I just had a feeling they would because they have been in a lot of close games that resulted in loses and now the worm is turning in the right direction for them.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the majors Freddy Peralta. 13 K's in 5.2 IP and didn't give up a hit until the 6th. Not bad, especially considering it was in Colorado. He also pitched pretty well in the PCL (3.63 ERA, 46/17 K/BB, 3.11 FIP as a 21-year-old in Colorado Springs) and he had 169 K's in 120 innings between A+ and AA last year. Worth keeping an eye on, he could be good.

Reactions: GNG

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the majors Freddy Peralta. 13 K's in 5.2 IP and didn't give up a hit until the 6th. Not bad, especially considering it was in Colorado. He also pitched pretty well in the PCL (3.63 ERA, 46/17 K/BB, 3.11 FIP as a 21-year-old in Colorado Springs) and he had 169 K's in 120 innings between A+ and AA last year. Worth keeping an eye on, he could be good.

Set a Brewer team record with the old one 12 strike outs and him getting 13 strike outs in his debut into the majors.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wainwright Today:

2.1 Innings
3 Hits
2 Runs
6 WALKS
3 Strikeouts
Season ERA 4.00

I just looked at the pitching chart for every pitch that he delivered today and some of his pitches were not even in the same zip code of the batter's box not to mention that his velocity was way down on all of his pitches. John Gant relieved Waino and didn't do any better either. With no pitching or hitting how are we even competing right now in the NL Central?

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wainwright Today:

2.1 Innings
3 Hits
2 Runs
6 WALKS
3 Strikeouts
Season ERA 4.00

I just looked at the pitching chart for every pitch that he delivered today and some of his pitches were not even in the same zip code of the batter's box not to mention that his velocity was way down on all of his pitches. John Gant relieved Waino and didn't do any better either. With no pitching or hitting how are we even competing right now in the NL Central?
Courtesy of playing a shitty Reds team

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtesy of playing a shitty Reds team

Good point! The only problem is we played the Reds early in the season before the wheels started coming off and the Reds are playing better now than they were playing then so I'm not too sure the Reds will be quite as easy to deal with the next time we see them unless the Cardinals make some big improvements in a hurry.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler, Carpenter and Waino probably all need to just sit on the bench for awhile and count their money. Maybe they make a comeback at some point but thats on them to prove at this point.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be in for an even bigger year from Bryant. He's continued to cut down on the K's, going from 30.6% as a rookie all the way down to just 15.1% this year. He's currently batting .281/.415/.586 with a career best 168 wRC+, but that's with a .289 BABIP (his career average is .343). He's also making even more contact, his outside contact rate is up to 70.7%, his contact rate is at 83%, and his swinging strike rate is down to 7.6%. He has a chance to become the best hitter in the NL and one of the absolute best in MLB. So that already great stat line could get a lot better.

Kris Bryant » Statistics » Batting | FanGraphs Baseball

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler, Carpenter and Waino probably all need to just sit on the bench for awhile and count their money. Maybe they make a comeback at some point but thats on them to prove at this point.

Clayton my friend, Did you forget Wong and almost the entire Cardinals pitching staff? Well, come to think about it I guess someone has got to pitch but I'm not a happy camper right now as a lifelong Cardinals fan. I was really counting on a 3-1 record in San Diego but it just wasn't meant to be. Hopefully we will get some revenge against the Twins in Minnesota tomorrow night with what little we have to bring to the party right now. Have a great night!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice start on the long road trip for the Brewers. 3 out of 4 against a decent Colorado team and a win against a good AZ pitcher tonight Corbin. Even had an inside the park home run. And Hader has been amazing. Hopefully they will be able to win each of the series on this road trip with MN up after AZ. The road record is much better than expected at 15-8. Just have to figure out how to beat the Cubs a game or two

Meet Josh Hader, the unlikely face of MLB's strikeout revolution

Real or Not? Freddy Peralta thrills family with dazzling debut

Last edited:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice start on the long road trip for the Brewers. 3 out of 4 against a decent Colorado team and a win against a good AZ pitcher tonight Corbin. Even had an inside the park home run. And Hader has been amazing. Hopefully they will be able to win each of the series on this road trip with MN up after AZ. The road record is much better than expected at 15-8. Just have to figure out how to beat the Cubs a game or two

Meet Josh Hader, the unlikely face of MLB's strikeout revolution

Real or Not? Freddy Peralta thrills family with dazzling debut

I really thought the Cubs would be taking charge of the NL Central by now but your Brewers have not allowed this to happen yet so congratulations to your brew crew for continuing to play good baseball.