• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NIT Projection

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will add my 2 cents worth. First of all, the last 2 games were as disgusting as any I have witnessed. The defense is atrocious--I mean really bad. What compounds the situation for WV is a combination of variables. 1) size on both the front court and the back court positions. Staton can't defend good outside shooters, Harris plays stupidly on defense, and Henderson gives you effort 50% of the time. In the inside, Williams and Watkins just haven't figured out how to box out and defend and Noreen is just too slow. Although, Noreen is our best defender in the paint--that is sad. 2) Wv does not have a go to scorer. A guy who can put it on the floor and get it in the hole. How many turnovers have you seen when Harris or Debo put it on the floor? Plenty my friends--they can't create because of ball handling skills and in Harris' case size once he gets to the rim. Staton can't be a go to scorer from the point. Sure he can get 30 but the ball stays in his hands a long time and gives the defense a chance to adjust. Staton can score, but not every time he wants to. Henderson is the closest thing to a guy who can score but when he got hurt we had nothing. 3) Last but not least, speed and hustle. Staton is fast, really fast but the rest of this bunch struggle to get down the floor. I saw plenty of fast break opportunities with Staton pushing the ball but no one hustling down the floor to get the easy bucket. You don't have to be fast to be a fast break team--you have to rebound with solid outlet passes and fill the lanes. We look like a rec league team running the break.

As for Huggins, I question if the fire is there? I haven't seen the hell raising and passion like in the past. I think this has rubbed off on the players because I didn't see the hustle. The recruiting has been a little of disappointment but we have had verbals and they decommitt. (see Adrian Payne and few others). Again, the cheerleaders and drinking buddies that Huggs has on the bench are worthless as tits on a bore hog. I will blow my own horn and with the exception of Ron Everhart--none of those bums could carry my jock. They are coat tail huggers who bring Zilch to the table. So was it a disappointing season, you damn right it was. When I turn the TV set off at the 10 minute mark in the last 2 games--you know that it is real bad. Huggs gets one more year and Luck should tell Huggs to get those worthless sacks of shit on the bench out of town and get a new staff if he wants to hang around.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for a little salt in the wound: Aric Murray has 35 points with 3.43 to play tonight on 13-20 shooting. It is a shame that head case couldn't get his act together and stayed with this group we had this year. I think we would have still been playing because he had the talent.