• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Colts

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 49er defense being unable to stop anyone when it counts and not having Kittle I see the 49ers losing another close one.

Colts 20
49ers 17

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the 49er defense being unable to stop anyone when it counts and not having Kittle I see the 49ers losing another close one.

Colts 20
49ers 17
Trent Williams may not play? IF not, oh boy!

I read the weather will be bad so it may be a lower score than this?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Williams may not play? IF not, oh boy!

I read the weather will be bad so it may be a lower score than this?
With Garoppolo, they have a chance but I don't think the D can stop anyone once they get to the point where the team uses all four downs at the end of the game. The tram does not create turnovers. Am I correct that they only have one so far this year?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone tell Jimmy we have other WR's. He seems to just think Deebo is the only one. Pretty sure the random throws to other targets is just him mistaken them for Deebo.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officials really hate us this year. Hasty stepped out at 2:01. Yet we go to the 2 minute warning instead of stopping the clock.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D just can't stop anyone when it counts and why the heck they went away from the dominating running attack of the first drive is beyond me.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The D just can't stop anyone when it counts and why the heck they went away from the dominating running attack of the first drive is beyond me.
Yes, dissapointing to see the Colts run so well against our D, wasn't our D-line the strength of this team? Ok, the wide 9 has something to do with it but still, thats too much rushing yards.

That said, clearly those PI's really did us in, not the rushing yards. Wentz throws poorly but they get away with it?!

They were 'forced' to move away from the rushing attack of the first drive, because the Colts adjusted. Problem was Shannahan didn't counter their adjustments.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, dissapointing to see the Colts run so well against our D, wasn't our D-line the strength of this team? Ok, the wide 9 has something to do with it but still, thats too much rushing yards.

That said, clearly those PI's really did us in, not the rushing yards. Wentz throws poorly but they get away with it?!

They were 'forced' to move away from the rushing attack of the first drive, because the Colts adjusted. Problem was Shannahan didn't counter their adjustments.
It was so aggrevating to see those Flags save otherwise poor QB play from Wentz. He under threw those passes, but the officials bailed him out on them because for some reason it's ok for a WR to turn back and run through the defender for the ball. Yet if the defensive back ever tries to run through a receiver for the ball it's a Flag all day, everyday.

Those are the type of penalties you'd like to see the officials not call. The under thrown ball was not part of the playcall. The receiver was not turning back to the ball by design. It was a poorly thrown ball that forced the receiver to come back to it. There was no way for the receiver to do this though without going through the defender. This type of situation should be an easy no call. You don't bail the team out of a bad play unless the defender is doing something extra like tackling the receiver before the ball gets there.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officials really hate us this year. Hasty stepped out at 2:01. Yet we go to the 2 minute warning instead of stopping the clock.
I saw that too - was going to post, but didn’t want to sound like a whiner. Clock should have stopped at 2:01.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What adjustments did you see that the Colts make? I don’t really notice those things. Our DBs lead the league in PIs. That has got to change. Players need to be held accountable for their lazy defense

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What adjustments did you see that the Colts make? I don’t really notice those things. Our DBs lead the league in PIs. That has got to change. Players need to be held accountable for their lazy defense
They had 4 LB's aligned behind their D-line to start the game, not the traditional 3-4 but almost like a 4-4. The 49ers were successful running the ball outside the OT, so the Colts moved their 'outside' LB's wider. I think that's why Shannahan started leaning the run more inside after the 1st quarter? In the 2nd half, the Colts started to play more 3 LB's instead of 4.

When we stay in the base zone coverage, they can't throw deep easily, but we give up the run to Jonathan Taylor (i was impressed with his running). So we switched off to man at times to mix up the scheme, leaving the CB's one on one. But when the QB is given time, he'll see the man coverage and heave it anyway, which is what Wentz was JUST able to do. This is the same thing Aaron Rodgers did except he had more time and didn't throw short.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In general, the Colts game proved once again our D-line isn't as good as we thought. Bosa is the only one who consistently applies pressure throughout the game. Armstead isn't too bad but just not enough push. Dee Ford doesn't even seem to pressure much at all, just runs by the QB at best?

Playing the wide 9 we know the run game is a little 'sacrificed' just inside the OT. But Jonathan Taylor has some nifty moves in juking LB's and Safeties, he made it look worse. Speaking of Safeties, i thought Tartt's tackling was poor.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had 4 LB's aligned behind their D-line to start the game, not the traditional 3-4 but almost like a 4-4. The 49ers were successful running the ball outside the OT, so the Colts moved their 'outside' LB's wider. I think that's why Shannahan started leaning the run more inside after the 1st quarter? In the 2nd half, the Colts started to play more 3 LB's instead of 4.

When we stay in the base zone coverage, they can't throw deep easily, but we give up the run to Jonathan Taylor (i was impressed with his running). So we switched off to man at times to mix up the scheme, leaving the CB's one on one. But when the QB is given time, he'll see the man coverage and heave it anyway, which is what Wentz was JUST able to do. This is the same thing Aaron Rodgers did except he had more time and didn't throw short.
So it sounds like Shanahan at least tried to make adjustments, he just got out-coached again

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, another way of looking at it.
I don't look at adjustments much other than to notice they are throwing it more and running it less, or vice versa. They used to let guys like Samuel and Aiyuk run the ball too but that seemed to have been forgotten.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't look at adjustments much other than to notice they are throwing it more and running it less, or vice versa. They used to let guys like Samuel and Aiyuk run the ball too but that seemed to have been forgotten.
Ok

That rainy night did limit the play calling, including run plays way outside.