• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Offseason 2021 Thread

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
How to weaponize cap space
Amazing they can do this with Kane / Toews contracts on the books.
Just three lines of AHL, I suppose

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the Habs are going to overpay for someone tomorrow or sign a classless player.....
I hope they get David Savard, and I hope they overpay because I love that weird, shot-eating Lumberjack.

But be forewarned. He does have a personality. He often picks people at random in the stands during warmup and pretends to look at them through binoculars and waves at them. He also samurai bows at teammates as they come out of the locker room. But you never can tell if he's having fun because of the 18 layers of beard in front of his face.
I’m mildly annoyed with the loopholes the Lightning continue to utilize. I mean, they have every right to. Just figure the NHL would stop these deals at some point maybe? I guess perhaps they’re too vital to the economics of the league, but…ew.
The league would very harshly punish it if the Devils of Canucks did it. But it's the Lightning and I was there and the sold literally tens of t-shirts that I saw and that's MONEY in Bettman's pocket.

Actually, what Arizona is doing bugs me more.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob doesn't guarantee that this is final but he pretty much guarantees it by tweeting it with his contacts lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We just missed him last time. Make it happen this time Jarmo.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they get David Savard, and I hope they overpay because I love that weird, shot-eating Lumberjack.

But be forewarned. He does have a personality. He often picks people at random in the stands during warmup and pretends to look at them through binoculars and waves at them. He also samurai bows at teammates as they come out of the locker room. But you never can tell if he's having fun because of the 18 layers of beard in front of his face.

The league would very harshly punish it if the Devils of Canucks did it. But it's the Lightning and I was there and the sold literally tens of t-shirts that I saw and that's MONEY in Bettman's pocket.

Actually, what Arizona is doing bugs me more.
100000% agree on Arizona.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone get the feeling, just a bit, that Chicago is making a bunch of moves simply to distract? Feels a bit all over the place.
Someone care to catch me up on the vitriol toward the Blackhawks here? I mean, from those that aren’t Wings, Northstars, or Blues fans, anyway?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice upgrade or is it?
Andersen was a sieve so it’s an upgrade but it’s expensive and Mrazek really isn’t much better with this .910 sv% the last three years on a team that’s been among the best over that span in shot suppression.

That term and money. Nope.