• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 4-7-15

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, we would be remiss not to mention that the Oilers win tonight locks up 28th place for them in the overall standings. The only way they can pick McDavid or Eichel is by winning the lottery.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, we would be remiss not to mention that the Oilers win tonight locks up 28th place for them in the overall standings. The only way they can pick McDavid or Eichel is by winning the lottery.

:dhd:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the Sens Pens game in my Crosby jersey. He shut the arena up pretty quick. Don't know what it looks like online but Sens look nervous and Pittsburgh is pushing the okay.

I'll take my hamburgler with cheese... Swiss cheese lol!

Ooops. Hammond was terrible in the 1st but the Sens seem to play hard for him. Collapse!! Johnson needed to do something part way through the third and he didn't. That loss is on him and not Fleury.

This true kenny?

I don't know. When I was furnishing my first apartment in 1997 I went to Ikea like every weekend. I saw radek Bonk there EVERY time. That was pretty exciting/baffling. Much like this Sens run.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sadly what they really need is Hanifin and they may bumble their way right into him.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooops. Hammond was terrible in the 1st but the Sens seem to play hard for him. Collapse!! Johnson needed to do something part way through the third and he didn't. That loss is on him and not Fleury

Really was like two different games last night. After first period I guess the penguins thought they had it locked up.

I'm happy that Ottawa got 2 points, just wish it hadn't been at our expense. Pens have been so lackluster this season, I'm ready to jump fully on the Hamburglar bandwagon. Still hoping that Ottawa can make it over Boston...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons also took a shot at the "false" norris candidate . .. When he was -3 and pens wereup 3

Finished the game even after assisting on the gwg
Is he referring to Karlsson? The guy that almost all of the 20 head coaches polled the other day voted as the Norris winner?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Oshie headbutt makes the ugly, but I also liked the bad.

TH2N: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - Video - TSN

I believe the call on Oshie was a high stick. You should have heard Panger loudly complaining that it was not a high stick, while avoiding mentioning it was a headbutt. There were some legit gripes in that game, but Panger whined all game long.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really was like two different games last night. After first period I guess the penguins thought they had it locked up.

I'm happy that Ottawa got 2 points, just wish it hadn't been at our expense. Pens have been so lackluster this season, I'm ready to jump fully on the Hamburglar bandwagon. Still hoping that Ottawa can make it over Boston...

How can you be happy about the Pens losing. They would have locked up a playoff spot with a win. They blew a 3 goal lead. I give Ottawa a lot of credit for their great run, but the Pens blew it last night. Just like Halak blew it for the Islanders.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never said he was happy about the Pens losing... "just wish it hadn't been at our expense"

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sens are now only 1 point behind Pittsburgh. We're in GO RANGERS GO!! MODE!!

And tonight I have to root for Boston, I want no part of them in round one. I feel dirty.

I also won't be upset if Ottowa beats the Rangers and Pitt gets to go home.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And tonight I have to root for Boston, I want no part of them in round one. I feel dirty.

I also won't be upset if Ottowa beats the Rangers and Pitt gets to go home.

I hate to tell you this, but I expect the Pens to beat the Isles on Friday. Last night was a killer. The Isles scored two goals with Halak on the bench to tie the game & he gives up a softie with 2.1 seconds left in the game. Having two days to think about it probably isn't going to help. I hope I'm wrong & Jaro can move on quickly, but the rest of the team can't be happy.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to tell you this, but I expect the Pens to beat the Isles on Friday. Last night was a killer. The Isles scored two goals with Halak on the bench to tie the game & he gives up a softie with 2.1 seconds left in the game. Having two days to think about it probably isn't going to help. I hope I'm wrong & Jaro can move on quickly, but the rest of the team can't be happy.

That was awful. But if I remember correctly that was always Halak's issue. Really good until the game actually means something. I can't believe how the Isles, Wings and Pens have shit the bed down the stretch. And it loks like LA is out after losing to the Oilers.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was awful. But if I remember correctly that was always Halak's issue. Really good until the game actually means something. I can't believe how the Isles, Wings and Pens have shit the bed down the stretch. And it loks like LA is out after losing to the Oilers.

The Pens are beat up on defense in a big way. I have no idea why they started Greiss against Pittsburgh, but Philly has beaten them something like 8 straight times so I guess it really doesn't matter who they start in goal. Detroit missed Datsyuk for 2 to 3 weeks. The Isles had a hard time scoring goals for a two week period. If the Isles don't make there shouldn't be any excuses though. They've had plenty of opportunities to get 1 point. I expect it to come down to Saturday against the Blue Jackets in the final game at the Coliseum.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens are beat up on defense in a big way. I have no idea why they started Greiss against Pittsburgh, but Philly has beaten them something like 8 straight times so I guess it really doesn't matter who they start in goal. Detroit missed Datsyuk for 2 to 3 weeks. The Isles had a hard time scoring goals for a two week period. If the Isles don't make there shouldn't be any excuses though. They've had plenty of opportunities to get 1 point. I expect it to come down to Saturday against the Blue Jackets in the final game at the Coliseum.

The Isles will make it although the Jackets have been tough since they got healthy. They're going to be solid next year unless they have another bunch of freak injuries like this year. At one point they had 11 guys on the DL.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job Kings - good game, good effort

Starting Martin Jones was the tip of the iceberg - Darryl must be checking out this season, too

Everyone kept thinking the Jets and Flames would falter and they've gotten even better since the injuries/suspensions - Flames have played even better without Gio and the Jets have absolutely went up a notch since Buff got suspended

It baffles me that every loss the Kings say they played "really well" - so I guess the Kings will be the first team ever to miss the playoffs and play "really well" in every game - this nonsense is why they're going to be golfing starting on Sunday - there's arrogance and a lack of understanding when it comes to how they need to play in order to win - being tired is no excuse because they had the least amount of back to backs in the league this season - the seven game homestand in January that they flunked with flying colors is what will doom them

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job Kings - good game, good effort

Starting Martin Jones was the tip of the iceberg - Darryl must be checking out this season, too

Everyone kept thinking the Jets and Flames would falter and they've gotten even better since the injuries/suspensions - Flames have played even better without Gio and the Jets have absolutely went up a notch since Buff got suspended

It baffles me that every loss the Kings say they played "really well" - so I guess the Kings will be the first team ever to miss the playoffs and play "really well" in every game - this nonsense is why they're going to be golfing starting on Sunday - there's arrogance and a lack of understanding when it comes to how they need to play in order to win - being tired is no excuse because they had the least amount of back to backs in the league this season - the seven game homestand in January that they flunked with flying colors is what will doom them

The loss of Voynov hurt them in a big way. It also hurt them cap wise. The bottom line is the Kings didn't score enough goals. I think Kopitar was exhausted after the Cup run. It took him awhile to get going. Toffoli & Pearson missing a lot of time due to injury led to their downfall this season.