• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

nhl draft lotto

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
saw they are keeping the devils in the lotto but will draft again if the devils win. would be beyond epic if the devils won. maybe then it would hit home how bad keeping 29 was 2 years ago.

anyway

noticed the ducks have a pick in the lotto from the sens? for bobby ryan trade....what a steal that deal was! not only did they get silverberg who was a top 15 pick i believe they also get a lotto shot. they were probably going to lose ryan anyway and they have their 2 best players in perry and getzlaf under contract with extensions before ufa.

if only we were so lucky

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand keeping that pick from the year they made the finals. Someone really has to sit me down and explain in detail how a 29 and a 30 is better than a potential lotto pick.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because when we kept that pick we had Kovalchuk, Parise, and Clarkson scoring 100+ combined goals and we thought we were going to the finals every year.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It took us 10 years to get back to the finals. Everyone says how hard it is to win the cup. Parise was a ufa chances were good were good we weren't getting back anytime soon. Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Keep the pick then you paint yourself into a corner of having to make the playoffs.

It's a #s game with the pick. We had 29 even if we made the playoffs we would have a pick probably in the top 20. That's a +8 pick wise

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I see MC's point but you give up the 29th pick. Very difficult to defend Lou there. I think even the inlouwetrust guys were confused by that decision.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think we've all had enough of the who is a fucking idiot, what we should've done, shouldn't have done topic. At this point it is what it is. Now we have to deal with it.

And with that, does anybody know of any intriguing prospects that will be in our range? Are there any high end talent guys that may fall to us for one reason or another (character issues? Injury?) MC are you usually the big prospects guy?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would be great to pull off another Scott Gomez kind of pick.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wouldn't be surprised if they took a d man.

i know they can't deal the pick but i always hated the fact they draft best player not out of need.

we could have 10 great d men and they would go out and draft the best player even if its a d man.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't be surprised if they took a d man.

i know they can't deal the pick but i always hated the fact they draft best player not out of need.

we could have 10 great d men and they would go out and draft the best player even if its a d man.

I'd only be ok with that if we planned on packaging some of our current D for a forward. Example, I'd be far more willing to deal a guy like Larsson if we draft a guy at 30 this year and have Steve Santini waiting in the wings.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd only be ok with that if we planned on packaging some of our current D for a forward. Example, I'd be far more willing to deal a guy like Larsson if we draft a guy at 30 this year and have Steve Santini waiting in the wings.

Agree totally. I'll evebn go as far as saying I totally agree with drafting teh best available player...as long as you are willing to deal from your excess

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
which hasn't been the case

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't trust Lou...

not at the moment...

i second that. is firelou.com available?

looking at these 3 choices listed

no
no
no

1. we already have a " agitator/power forward/son of former hockey player" who was also taken close to the same spot! if you made it a point to keep that pick 2 years ago for stephan then no way you should be drafting another verison of him 3 years later! and yes you can have too many players like this on one team.

2. the second kid is better but at 5'11 that is pretty damn small.

3. once i saw the jersey he's wearing i dont care to know anything more about him. he will soon join the ranks of bergfors/tedenby/joffeson/larrson

figures though from a site called in lou we trust that they would list these 3 as potential picks. surprised there wasn't a defense thrown in there.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i second that. is firelou.com available?

looking at these 3 choices listed

no
no
no

1. we already have a " agitator/power forward/son of former hockey player" who was also taken close to the same spot! if you made it a point to keep that pick 2 years ago for stephan then no way you should be drafting another verison of him 3 years later! and yes you can have too many players like this on one team.

2. the second kid is better but at 5'11 that is pretty damn small.

3. once i saw the jersey he's wearing i dont care to know anything more about him. he will soon join the ranks of bergfors/tedenby/joffeson/larrson

figures though from a site called in lou we trust that they would list these 3 as potential picks. surprised there wasn't a defense thrown in there.

Number 1 seems like Carcillo; lots of penalties and not much skill. please no.
Number 2 seems like Pelley; small, no offense, but plays well defensively. please no.
Number 3 was passed in the draft last year and hasn't really stepped up. Why is he even being discussed? 10th best Swedish player in his age group? thats pathetic.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt his draft stock will go down but this guy is out 4-6 months after shoulder surgery, top 10 talent, if he were to drop I'd be all over this one:

Hockey's Future - Jake Virtanen

Ranked 6th among NA skaters according to a previous link I posted.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i agree. at #30 your not going to get a sure thing nor are you getting a guy that can play next year. i have no problem saying take a high risk high reward type player.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds we move somebody on draft day in order to move up? Obviously not the first round, but do we have anybody we could move for a 2nd rounder? We have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 2 6ths. Is a 3rd and 5th worth another 2nd rounder?