• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL CenterIce

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I splurged the $49.99 for this season (first time ever). I'm disappointed in lack of HD broadcasts I receive. It's zero games!!

I guess Cox Communications is to damn cheap to pay for HD signals. I think I'll live with it this season, but next season no way will I be paying full price for SD. So if it doesn't change I'll be on the phone bitchin'.

Was wondering what percentage of games do others seen in HD versus SD with CenterIce? And whether cable/dish - which provider.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 5 HD channels available for Center Ice. On busy nights all 5 are usually filled up.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I splurged the $49.99 for this season (first time ever). I'm disappointed in lack of HD broadcasts I receive. It's zero games!!

I guess Cox Communications is to damn cheap to pay for HD signals. I think I'll live with it this season, but next season no way will I be paying full price for SD. So if it doesn't change I'll be on the phone bitchin'.

Was wondering what percentage of games do others seen in HD versus SD with CenterIce? And whether cable/dish - which provider.

Xfinity has 2 HD channels and it is rare that they utilize them both. You may get one a night.

Also the guide will sometimes show a game should be on the HD2 channel (while HD1 is broadcasting) and the signal for HD2 never comes on.

However Direct TV had every game in HD except the broadcasts from Canadian networks.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However Direct TV had every game in HD except the broadcasts from Canadian networks.

Yup. Which is why I am lifer with Direct TV...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if TSN and NHL Center Ice are arguing or something. The games I have watched recently that were TSN feeds feature no commercials and no intermission content. Just a blank screen saying they will be back and the kick ass music that never gets old.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost every game on Telus (Canadian cable company) has been in HD. I can only recall two games where I couldn't get the HD feed.

This is my first time ordering it (used to just go with the illegal streams) and I don't think I can ever go back.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if TSN and NHL Center Ice are arguing or something. The games I have watched recently that were TSN feeds feature no commercials and no intermission content. Just a blank screen saying they will be back and the kick ass music that never gets old.

The TSN, or CBC for that matter, feeds are never available on Center Ice in Canada. I wonder if maybe they've just recently been picked up by the American cable companies and haven't got advertising/licensing sorted out yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you got boned by Cox, most of them are in HD.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TSN, or CBC for that matter, feeds are never available on Center Ice in Canada. I wonder if maybe they've just recently been picked up by the American cable companies and haven't got advertising/licensing sorted out yet.

They have been here for years with intermissions. I enjoy the studio segments on TSN and miss them. CBC feeds are still intact and have the intermissions. Its not a huge deal but 17 minutes of rocking "we'll be right back" gets annoying and seems really long.

I agree, I figure its got to be some sort of licensing problem.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been here for years with intermissions. I enjoy the studio segments on TSN and miss them. CBC feeds are still intact and have the intermissions. Its not a huge deal but 17 minutes of rocking "we'll be right back" gets annoying and seems really long.

I agree, I figure its got to be some sort of licensing problem.

Hmmm.

Well that sucks. Weird too, seeing as TSN and ESPN are affiliated licensing should be in place.

MEH. Cable companies and networks are a bunch o' crooks. Let's just attribute it to that. It still grinds my gears that we pay for monthly service AND watch commercials. :yell:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.

Well that sucks. Weird too, seeing as TSN and ESPN are affiliated licensing should be in place.

MEH. Cable companies and networks are a bunch o' crooks. Let's just attribute it to that. It still grinds my gears that we pay for monthly service AND watch commercials. :yell:

OK, I will blame them too. Maybe the new Pope can help with this problem.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Verizon FiOS. Center Ice shares the same channels as Extra Innings. They have 5 HD channels now, which is up from only 2 two years ago. For baseball, they'll all be used every night, but for hockey they don't always use all 5 even though there are games they could be showing. Frustrating.