• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL suspends their new anthem policy

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that theory is that you don't understand the owners aren't calling the shots on this one. Goodell is. He has full control over this.

When the owners met, he said they'd be fined for kneeling. All of a sudden, he does a 180 with no owner meetings having taken place (and some owners already saying players will be suspended for this).

This is Goodell being a limp bitch. The players calling him a "devil" during the CBA negotiations got to him.
Telephone? Trust me, they are talking behind the scenes.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was dying down. The networks weren’t even showing the protest anymore. The NFL should’ve stayed out of it in the first place, but nope, they let Trump hi jack the whole thing.

Trump didn’t have anything to do with it at this point. They knew they had to do something and they still do. Blows my mind that the NFL won’t just say it’s a workplace issue and tell the players what to do. They could dang sure tell the networks what to do, it’s not in any of their best interests to let this continue.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, not much you can do when Trump involves himself in the NFL like this. If it goes haywire then it gets moved. Real easy and the like.

Yeah just awful fir the HMFIC of the whole country to pay attention to something as unimportant as the national anthem.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was so easy to figure out.

Let them protest all they want during the anthem. Then you just have to wait.
And before you know it ...nobody cares.

When you put up a rule ..it gives them purpose.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump didn’t have anything to do with it at this point. They knew they had to do something and they still do. Blows my mind that the NFL won’t just say it’s a workplace issue and tell the players what to do. They could dang sure tell the networks what to do, it’s not in any of their best interests to let this continue.
Maybe. I'm not so sure. Sure there's a segment of the population upset by the protests . There's also a segment that would be upset if the league tild the players they couldn't protest I'm not sure what the statistical breakdown is on which group is larger but I'm guessing the league has looked at the data.

The issue is too big now to make a decision either way and not lose viewers . My guess is the latter group is bigger or the league would've rectified this long ago

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just awful fir the HMFIC of the whole country to pay attention to something as unimportant as the national anthem.
meh, it's not like a cabinet member is trying to restart a league in the same field they already failed with.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I'm not so sure. Sure there's a segment of the population upset by the protests . There's also a segment that would be upset if the league tild the players they couldn't protest I'm not sure what the statistical breakdown is on which group is larger but I'm guessing the league has looked at the data.

The issue is too big now to make a decision either way and not lose viewers . My guess is the latter group is bigger or the league would've rectified this long ago

You give the league WAY too much credit if you really think they have thought this through, it’s obvious they have not. As for the data, I can guarantee you that the majority of die hard fans side with Anthem supporters on this. The league is too stupid too care.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any player going out of his way to kneel now is just a straight up asshole. the supposed point was made, people talked about it, the NFL made their bullshit "donation" and that's that. it's well known how many fans disapprove of this taking place because they simply want to watch football. then you have the fans who are impartial, but are just tired of hearing the debate. so anyone who plans to kneel now is just giving a big 'fuck you' to fans and the league, in my opinion.

also, the only thing that ends it is the NFL. it would have never "died out" because there is always some bullshit going on. as soon as the next black guy gets shot for resisting and reaching to pull out a weapon, someone is kneeling for that nonsense.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a political issue, and is impossible to discuss without getting into Trump. It is crystal clear from the secretly recorded NFL owners meeting and other sources that Trump's remarks are what keep bringing this issue to the forefront for owners and players. It was basically a dead issue until he raised it again.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:
The theory technically remains Goodell is doing this all on his own. :suds:
Goodell is doing this mostly on his own. I'm sure there's some owners that support him, like McNair in Houston or Jerry Jones. But there's others that aren't supporting Goodell on this: NYG, NYJ, SF and Philly immediately come to mind. If they feel they need to address it, do it WITH NFLPA like all the other sports, otherwise STFU about it. If some idiot wants to throw away a 60 min game for a 2 min protest they never see, let 'em. Their team probably sucks anyway and this is just a lame excuse.

Numbers were out last week that showed viewership of an NFL regular season game still beats every other sport's anything (reg season, playoffs, championship) by a country mile.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any player going out of his way to kneel now is just a straight up asshole. the supposed point was made, people talked about it, the NFL made their bullshit "donation" and that's that. it's well known how many fans disapprove of this taking place because they simply want to watch football. then you have the fans who are impartial, but are just tired of hearing the debate. so anyone who plans to kneel now is just giving a big 'fuck you' to fans and the league, in my opinion.

also, the only thing that ends it is the NFL. it would have never "died out" because there is always some bullshit going on. as soon as the next black guy gets shot for resisting and reaching to pull out a weapon, someone is kneeling for that nonsense.

Or a black guy reaching to show his gun permit and get shot.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a political issue, and is impossible to discuss without getting into Trump. It is crystal clear from the secretly recorded NFL owners meeting and other sources that Trump's remarks are what keep bringing this issue to the forefront for owners and players. It was basically a dead issue until he raised it again.

Thank you!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still lol @ people who think it would or was randomly dying down. they were getting money from the NFL, full blown attention from the media. kaepernick alone not getting signed is enough to keep it going for another couple of years.