• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Scheduling

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL is going to have games in London every year then they should have a rotating schedule of teams that play there. It doesn't make sense that some teams have played there much more often than other teams. For example Jacksonville has played there 5 times. The Dolphins have played there 4 times. The Pats have played there 2 times. The last time for them was in 2012. 5 NFL teams have never played there and several teams have only played there once. I think that if a team is willing to play in London the NFL needs to figure out a way to have it be more beneficial to that team in a competitive sense with their schedule or set up a rotating schedule.

Thursday games are not popular among players but at least all teams have to play in them.
Anyone who has ever played football knows that the body needs more time to recover. Perhaps expanding the roster for those games could help.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another option to fix the Thursday night game issue is to work in a bye week before Thurs night for teams that are playing in the game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All makes sense but you can't give someone a bye in week 2 it's too early. If anything make the team with the better record play on the road on Thursday. Miami always plays on the road yet patsies always play at home plus never in London. It's BS!!!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All makes sense but you can't give someone a bye in week 2 it's too early. If anything make the team with the better record play on the road on Thursday. Miami always plays on the road yet patsies always play at home plus never in London. It's BS!!!!

Dolphins chose to play a home game in London.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins chose to play a home game in London.....
No they were forced to play another game in London to get a super bowl game. Owner cowered. Point is that every team is supposed to go at some point. Patsies instead get a road game to Mexico wooooo tough. The BS never stops.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they were forced to play another game in London to get a super bowl game. Owner cowered. Point is that every team is supposed to go at some point. Patsies instead get a road game to Mexico wooooo tough. The BS never stops.

Laughable. They chose. They say yes to get a Superbowl.
Superbowl = money. London chosen = money.
It's the Patriots fault your owner chose London over a home game?

Clearly, what you do not understand is,
The Dolphins chose the chance to host a Superbowl over the chance to be in one!!!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughable. They chose. They say yes to get a Superbowl.
Superbowl = money. London chosen = money.
It's the Patriots fault your owner chose London over a home game?

Clearly, what you do not understand is,
The Dolphins chose the chance to host a Superbowl over the chance to be in one!!!!!
Are you dense. The Fins have already played multiple games over there the owner spent millions to upgrade the stadium and the NFL said too bad you have to go again even after all of that. He shouldn't have cowered and gave them the finger but hard to do after spending a billion. Meanwhile patsies never have to go and they get away with away games in Mexico. The hardship. It's totally BS.

On another note you were so upset with Suh yet your piece of shit gronks almost breaks a defenceless man's neck half the size of him. If you defend that piece of shit you are the biggest hypocrite on the planet...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going forward let's hope the Fins take a break from London games.

Sunday afternoon games in Miami are a home field advantage.
That's what the team needs.

It will be good for the city of Miami to host a Superbowl

Last edited by a moderator:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you dense. The Fins have already played multiple games over there the owner spent millions to upgrade the stadium and the NFL said too bad you have to go again even after all of that. He shouldn't have cowered and gave them the finger but hard to do after spending a billion. Meanwhile patsies never have to go and they get away with away games in Mexico. The hardship. It's totally BS.

On another note you were so upset with Suh yet your piece of shit gronks almost breaks a defenceless man's neck half the size of him. If you defend that piece of shit you are the biggest hypocrite on the planet...

1) I get it. We disagree. That makes me dense?

2) I won't defend Gronk.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I get it. We disagree. That makes me dense?

2) I won't defend Gronk.
Good to hear on gronk as that was unacceptable.

As per London the NFL should have not forced Miami to go yet again to get a super bowl especially since NE amongst other teams haven't sacrificed a home game yet. Of course you don't want to believe it but it's true. Add in losing their bye week and always playing on the road on Thursday nights it's become a farce. Rarely does this happen to the golden child's NE. Yet patsies complain about gronk getting one game or serial killers having to go to jail. Unbelievable....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear on gronk as that was unacceptable.

As per London the NFL should have not forced Miami to go yet again to get a super bowl especially since NE amongst other teams haven't sacrificed a home game yet. Of course you don't want to believe it but it's true. Add in losing their bye week and always playing on the road on Thursday nights it's become a farce. Rarely does this happen to the golden child's NE. Yet patsies complain about gronk getting one game or serial killers having to go to jail. Unbelievable....

We have virtually the same opponents for 2017.

Both teams play 6 division games
both teams play Panthers, Falcons, Bucs, Saints
both play Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers
That totals 14 common opponents

Miami plays Titans and Ravens (15 wins)
Patriots play Pittsburg and Texans(14 wins)
That totals 2 non-common opponents

Miami played 1 Thursday game on road
NE played 1 Thursday game on road

Losing bye week sucked for sure
You gave up home game to get SB in 2020- NE will never host one......
Maybe if the Pats are in the SB in 2020 we can get together for a few beers.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot can change between now and 2020. The Pats dynasty wont last forever.

Miami is great place for a SB. All the games that I have seen at the stadium are usually between 75 to 85 degrees. This next game on Monday will be much colder than usual. It will be in the 50s. I know that's a heat wave in December in NE but here it's cold for the locals.

I appreciate the offer to enjoy a few beers but I have enough friends that are Pats fans. :D Sometimes we aggravate each other without even trying.

RE the schedule: This year was a ridiculous amount of travel in flight miles. The London trip made things worse. The Hurricane also didn't help the schedule & routine. That being said, the Fins just didn't play well enough so far to overcome the adversity. Last week was the best team performance of the year. The Fins will need to play that well again to have any chance against the Pats.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have virtually the same opponents for 2017.

Both teams play 6 division games
both teams play Panthers, Falcons, Bucs, Saints
both play Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers
That totals 14 common opponents

Miami plays Titans and Ravens (15 wins)
Patriots play Pittsburg and Texans(14 wins)
That totals 2 non-common opponents

Miami played 1 Thursday game on road
NE played 1 Thursday game on road

Losing bye week sucked for sure
You gave up home game to get SB in 2020- NE will never host one......
Maybe if the Pats are in the SB in 2020 we can get together for a few beers.....
My point was that Miami already sacrificed home games in London super bowl or not whereas patsies haven't. Mexico is far easier to deal with and it was a road game so no big loss. Also yes this year patsies had a road Thursday game but every year the Fins do. Tampa wasn't good this year but pats had a tough one anyway as its especially hard for the road team. Just seems that at every corner nfl puts up a roadblock for Miami. Should they earn it yes of course but all of this increases the odds of failure.

On another note if Suh body smashed another player like gronk do they even think twice about kicking him out of the game? Meanwhile refs all look the other way just another example of the BS yet patsies whine about shit. It just gets old from this side...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said before the season started that you had a difficult schedule.
Basically the same as the Patriots (SB winner) does not seem fair.
Making the playoffs brings pain.....

I would have kicked Gronk out of the game. Let my boss tell me I shouldn't have.....