• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL realignment.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 division games
4 games against 2 teams from the other two divisions (rotating)
5 cross conference games (each division every 3 years)

Fold the Rams, fold the Cardinals or someone else (Jets?). Easy.
Why would a league printing money need to fold franchises? That's a non starter.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To improve the product on the field.
How does folding a franchise that literally won the SuperBowl last year "improve the product"?

Also, again, money.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a dream about the Houston Oilers (dreams are weird) and it made me think... What if they never left Houston and reasonable geographical realignment took place? I also made a couple of other changes.
-the Texans and Titans wouldn't exist.
-Jaguars or Panthers wouldn't exist...I eliminated JAX.
-Chargers back to San Diego.
-AFC-NFC became Eastern-Western.
-12 playoff teams.

Eastern Conference
Atlantic (5)--New England Patriots, New York Giants, New York Jets, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Commanders
Central (5)--Baltimore Ravens, Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers
South (5)--Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Bucs

Western Conference
Pacific (5)--LA Rams, Las Vegas Raiders, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks
Midwest (5)--Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Houston Oilers, Kansas City Chiefs
North (5)--Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, Minnesota Vikings

If this had happened and they decided to eventually play 18 games it could be division opponents twice (8) and the other two divisions within the conference once (10). No crossover non-conference matchups except for the Super Bowl...like MLB used to do it.

Perfect.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don’t sing the Houston Oilers song, please.