• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is so deep at WR
Legette
Wilson
K. Coleman
Cowing
Malik Washington

I'm hoping they use FA to fix the defense. I hope they use the draft to get the QB they like, a couple of offensive lineman, JaTavion Sanders and a big wideout.

Trading out of 2 would allow us to plug a bunch of holes, but if Fields flops we are right back where we started with no shot at a franchise QB. I don't see us being 3-14 with this staff.
Agree...that's my bet

Free agency = defense
Draft = offense

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is so deep at WR
Legette
Wilson
K. Coleman
Cowing
Malik Washington

I'm hoping they use FA to fix the defense. I hope they use the draft to get the QB they like, a couple of offensive lineman, JaTavion Sanders and a big wideout.

Trading out of 2 would allow us to plug a bunch of holes, but if Fields flops we are right back where we started with no shot at a franchise QB. I don't see us being 3-14 with this staff.
Fields spent the entirety of his professional life unsupported and poorly coached. I don't believe or support the idea that he would get more of the same in DC. Atlanta and Pittsburgh have some interesting talents that would mesh well with his own, and Pittsburgh has a system in place that insist on professional athletes being...well, professional.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields spent the entirety of his professional life unsupported and poorly coached. I don't believe or support the idea that he would get more of the same in DC. Atlanta and Pittsburgh have some interesting talents that would mesh well with his own, and Pittsburgh has a system in place that insist on professional athletes being...well, professional.
I really liked Fields coming out of college and quiet as kept the Bears won four of their last six.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Fields coming out of college and quiet as kept the Bears won four of their last six.
So did I, but Ron Rivera apparently felt set with Kyle Allen, Garrett Gilbert and Taylor Heinicke.
I seriously wonder if Chicago plans on keeping him considering that 4-2 finish.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did I, but Ron Rivera apparently felt set with Kyle Allen, Garrett Gilbert and Taylor Heinicke.
I seriously wonder if Chicago plans on keeping him considering that 4-2 finish.
Too much pressure. You pick Caleb and he's a bust, you chalk it up. You can explain that any GM would have taken him. You pass on Caleb and he's "Mahomes light," you're done.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much pressure. You pick Caleb and he's a bust, you chalk it up. You can explain that any GM would have taken him. You pass on Caleb and he's "Mahomes light," you're done.
So if they trade Fields and selects Williams, there wouldn't be a coup de grâce for them if Fields flourished and Williams failed?

Not you or anyone directly but...

I find it fascinating that there are still people around who don't acknowledge how much organizational dysfunction contributes to QB failure.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they trade Fields and selects Williams, there wouldn't be a coup de grâce for them if Fields flourished and Williams failed?

Not you or anyone directly but...

I find it fascinating that there are still people around who don't acknowledge how much organizational dysfunction contributes to QB failure.
Still not sure that scenario keeps you from finding a job. Passing on Caleb might. We'll see. Maybe Peters gives the Bears what they want and make good on Magic Johnson's promise to get Kingsbury the QB he wants.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not sure that scenario keeps you from finding a job. Passing on Caleb might. We'll see. Maybe Peters gives the Bears what they want and make good on Magic Johnson's promise to get Kingsbury the QB he wants.
The Chicago situation has its own energy in that they have to get it right this time! That team factually hasn't had a legitimate, stabilizing, long term QB since Sid Luckman!

They Missed on Tribusky, trading Fields also means that they missed on him and failing with Williams while Fields flourished elsewhere has to have some sort of disabling effect on that franchise.

(Luckman played for the Bears from 1939-1950 and led the team to four NFL championships. He revolutionized the QB position. Luckman's 128 games played, his 14,686 passing yards and 137 touchdowns still hold up as the second most in franchise history.)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is going to get him?
A lot of smoke around Atlanta. Saw a post today. Conflicting reports out of Pittsburgh too. I've heard they are going to double down on Pickett and I've also seen Tannihill, Fields, and Russ Wilson's name mentioned.

Screenshot_20240219_202801_Instagram.jpg

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be proven wrong, but I never thought we would be players for him.
Agreed.
I have seen other names mentioned. I would not be surprised if one of the big 5 picks is a DE.

Those 5 picks will shape the team IMO. I would like to see the following positions addressed with those 5. In no order.

QB
DE
LB
TE
OT

No clue what peters is thinking but I actually trust our front office for the first time in 25 years.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.
I have seen other names mentioned. I would not be surprised if one of the big 5 picks is a DE.

Those 5 picks will shape the team IMO. I would like to see the following positions addressed with those 5. In no order.

QB
DE
LB
TE
OT

No clue what peters is thinking but I actually trust our front office for the first time in 25 years.
I have no idea what Peters is thinking, but I'm banking on guys like Huff or Armstrong from Dallas, coupled with a mid-round edge pick. Could be wrong.