• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe that the jig is finally up for Kirk Cousins and his unwarranted fully guaranteed contracts.

I bet the vikes break before Cousins does, and why shouldnt he wait them out? Someone will guarantee him stupid money for a regular season stat padder.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe that the jig is finally up for Kirk Cousins and his unwarranted fully guaranteed contracts.

I bet the vikes break before Cousins does, and why shouldnt he wait them out? Someone will guarantee him stupid money for a regular season stat padder.
If cousins went to San Francisco with Kyle Shanahan...it might be the greatest duo in sports history.
10 super bowls? Maybe more...

The new super bowl trophy would be called the Kyle trophy.

The mvp award would be renamed the Cousins mvp award.

Thoughts?

Teams might simply forfeit games against them.

Hopefully, it doesn't happen. I don't washington to lose 1,516 to 0.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If cousins went to San Francisco with Kyle Shanahan...it might be the greatest duo in sports history.
10 super bowls? Maybe more...

The new super bowl trophy would be called the Kyle trophy.

The mvp award would be renamed the Cousins mvp award.

Thoughts?

Teams might simply forfeit games against them.

Hopefully, it doesn't happen. I don't washington to lose 1,516 to 0.
True. They might have to change their name to “the Bridesmaids” though first.

Kyle and Kirk (and Tony Romo, and Dak, etc.) “always the bridesmaids and never the bride.”

They shouldn’t feel that badly though: at least they were actually at the wedding (as opposed to the commanders).

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna command somewhere between 40 and 45M this season so the question for the Vikings is pretty simple... do they pay him that amount for being a reliable QB?
His playoff record would then become the biggest factor weighted against retaining him.
I believe that Kirk wants to win a chip, his problem is there are no openings in S.F. at the moment.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were we one?
Thoughts.

My gut says no....but peters might be casting a wide net.
I'm pretty sure they go QB at 2. If they go that route, do you draft MHJ or trade out of 2 and get a bunch of picks?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure they go QB at 2. If they go that route, do you draft MHJ or trade out of 2 and get a bunch of picks?
Geez...good question.

I hate to say this, but maybe free agency dictates some of the draft this year?

We are so bad, we might have to put more emphasis on free agency to get a more immediate influx of talent. I am a build thru the draft guy, but maybe we spend a little this year to fill the numerous holes. Not Vinny style, but be aggressive generally speaking.

I don't think peters does this but he could.

I say that because there is WR talent in free agency and via trade. If we get Aiuyk for example, we could trade back I think.

Not saying that is what we do or what we want to do. My question is if Peters likes fields or not. If so, does he want him?

I see a world where we trade for fields and sign Hollywood brown. If that happens, we trade back and stock pile picks.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Kirk, Fields would find playoff more attainable if he goes to a better suited team. The two that come to mind are Atlanta and Pittsburgh.
Thoughts on wsh trading for fields?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez...good question.

I hate to say this, but maybe free agency dictates some of the draft this year?

We are so bad, we might have to put more emphasis on free agency to get a more immediate influx of talent. I am a build thru the draft guy, but maybe we spend a little this year to fill the numerous holes. Not Vinny style, but be aggressive generally speaking.

I don't think peters does this but he could.

I say that because there is WR talent in free agency and via trade. If we get Aiuyk for example, we could trade back I think.

Not saying that is what we do or what we want to do. My question is if Peters likes fields or not. If so, does he want him?

I see a world where we trade for fields and sign Hollywood brown. If that happens, we trade back and stock pile picks.
This draft is so deep at WR
Legette
Wilson
K. Coleman
Cowing
Malik Washington

I'm hoping they use FA to fix the defense. I hope they use the draft to get the QB they like, a couple of offensive lineman, JaTavion Sanders and a big wideout.

Trading out of 2 would allow us to plug a bunch of holes, but if Fields flops we are right back where we started with no shot at a franchise QB. I don't see us being 3-14 with this staff.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on wsh trading for fields?
A couple of years ago, I wanted Washington to move up to get him but today I have to weigh that against the probability of drafting Daniels. Given that choice, it is best that they go with the rookie because he has the wheels and imo is a far better passer.
Now, if I'm in the war room and the choice is between Maye and Fields, I'm advocating for Fields.