• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not a fact he's being scapegoated, that is your opinion. How in the world can you say that's a fact? How can you also dismiss people's opinions who are closer and more involved with the club than you or me?

You're literally throwing out all evidence and just putting your opinion as a fact.

Wilks did not fit what Lynch and Kyle are going for. Wilks did not mesh well with the key players on defense and the team was declining as the season went on defensively.

Cry about him being a scapegoat all you want. That's not what is happening. The team has said nothing but positive things about him today, it just wasn't a good fit and that was obvious to anyone who watched.

I can insist upon it being a fact in the same manner that you did when you offered this as evidence. (A clear opinion)

1707968284565.png
Now if you can find an example of a perfect defense in the salary cap era, you have my apologies! If not you have to admit that every defense has weaknesses and once exposed as Baltimore did, that's not regression, that's the nature of the game.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can insist upon it being a fact in the same manner that you did when you offered this as evidence. (A clear opinion)

View attachment 354542
I said "people's opinions who are much closer to the team than we are." People who know much more than us about the daily interactions between the members.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said "people's opinions who are much closer to the team than we are." People who know much more than us about the daily interactions between the members.
Exactly, you want to dismiss mine which doesn't support your POV, and accept that of others who support your perspective! As previously stated, you're hurt and/or disappointed because your team didn't finish as hoped, that's understandable, but turning that into needing to scapegoat (point the finger of blame) at someone, especially in this case isn't warranted when your defense finished in the top 3 in the league.

1707968931245.png

Btw; just in case some jackass, wants to chime in with nonsense that happened during regulation, please feel free to remind that person that the game didin't turn on those things because the Chiefs also had their share of miscues. (fumble inside of the 10 yard line and an interception) but the game was decided in overtime where the score was tied and decisions made there resulted in whether one team won or loss.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take note that he takes no responsibility for the team's performances during the playoff or in the SB, and that's his faultline because great leaders take responsibility. What you're about to read is classic scapegoating!

Kyle Shanahan Explains why the 49ers Fired Steve Wilks

5 hours ago · 2 minutes ago In this story: San Francisco 49ers Start Conversation The 49ers fired Steve Wilks on Wednesday -- just three days after they lost the Super Bowl. Here's what Shanahan said...

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow SF some and the narrative was they were not good against the run and their pass rushing was not great. (hence the trade for Young) I commend Wilks for coming up with a good game plan against Mahomes. Don't let Mahomes get outside, except for two plays that I can remember it worked. They did pretty well against the rush as well.

Having followed the team to some extent the narrative was their D was good, not great.

Fans overreact .... hence firing a coach is seen as scapegoating. It goes with the territory.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Fans overreact .... hence firing a coach is seen as scapegoating. It goes with the territory.
That's fine. Opinions are fine. Claiming an opinion is a fact, (not looking at you obviously), is not fine.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if Wilks is or was the problem in SF, but it sure as hell doesnt look like Kyle is the solution, that’s for sure.

Coaches live for one chance at a super bowl, and he’s been a part of blowing three of them.

Not a good look for Shanny.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if Wilks is or was the problem in SF, but it sure as hell doesnt look like Kyle is the solution, that’s for sure.

Coaches live for one chance at a super bowl, and he’s been a part of blowing three of them.

Not a good look for Shanny.
Tell it to Andy Reid

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell it to Andy Reid
Well, Reid did wear out his welcome in Philadelphia, and he finally got over the hump in Kansas City. Knowing that, do you think that Kyle will have to move on as Reid did, before finally hoisting Lombardi's?

Wouldn't it be interesting to see Reid retire and Kyle replacing him in a year or two? Strange?? Perhaps, but it has happened before!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams do you think Shanny should get?

Failed with his father in DC
Biggest super bowl choke of all time in atl
Twice had a ten point lead and lost both times in SF

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams do you think Shanny should get?

Failed with his father in DC
Biggest super bowl choke of all time in atl
Twice had a ten point lead and lost both times in SF
had the falcon debacle against ne too.