• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL makes offer to players to scrap all preseason games

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL accepted the NFLPA's demand of zero preseason games ahead of the 2020 season.
This is a gigantic step towards having the season start on time. The NFL has slowly inched towards the NFLPA's side of this argument, initially requesting two preseason games, then down to one and now agreeing to none. This will allow for a longer acclimation and strength and conditioning period for players once arriving at team facilities, as teams can now take their time to practice rather than prepare for games. Still, you have to feel for fringe NFL talents who simply won't have the opportunity to put their game on tape for other teams to see in the hopes of maximizing their opportunities. Think of names like Victor Cruz, or even recently Raheem Mostert, as players who have greatly benefited from preseason action.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL accepted the NFLPA's demand of zero preseason games ahead of the 2020 season.
This is a gigantic step towards having the season start on time. The NFL has slowly inched towards the NFLPA's side of this argument, initially requesting two preseason games, then down to one and now agreeing to none. This will allow for a longer acclimation and strength and conditioning period for players once arriving at team facilities, as teams can now take their time to practice rather than prepare for games. Still, you have to feel for fringe NFL talents who simply won't have the opportunity to put their game on tape for other teams to see in the hopes of maximizing their opportunities. Think of names like Victor Cruz, or even recently Raheem Mostert, as players who have greatly benefited from preseason action.
injuries a go go

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor mid to late round picks and undrafted rookies trying to make a team.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to teams with a lot of younger or new players

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no preseason in college and it seems like they have FAR less serious injuries than the NFL.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no preseason in college and it seems like they have FAR less serious injuries than the NFL.
Because the nfl is far faster and even the bench players were studs in college. Apples to oranges argument.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not so sure no preseason games equates to more injuries. In fact, it might be just the opposite,

I guess there’s no way to know for sure.
i liken it to guys holding out...

they always pull hammys etc.

it will be interesting for sure.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hesitant to believe they will have an nfl season.

they would have to test every player, coach, etc, every day. For those of you who have been tested, having an extra long q-tip shoved up your nose to where it basically touches your brain is not fun at all.

on a personal note.. I tested positive for antibodies last week which means I had it and have supposed immunity from it for a certain amount of time. How long is the question?

I will say it’s kind of liberating. For those of you who think you may have had it, I would go get an antibody test.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they would have to test every player, coach, etc, every day. For those of you who have been tested, having an extra long q-tip shoved up your nose to where it basically touches your brain is not fun at all.

on a personal note.. I tested positive for antibodies last week which means I had it and have supposed immunity from it for a certain amount of time. How long is the question?

I will say it’s kind of liberating. For those of you who think you may have had it, I would go get an antibody test.
i know i had this last december. so did my boss, and me step mom (a nurse). we all swear we had this.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought I had it but the antibody test came back negative. Be careful on assuming you can't get it for a while. There is no proof of that. I asked an "expert" relative a couple of months ago and she said they feel you will be immune for a period of time but aren't sure because they just don't have the data. She did however say that the general feeling is that if you do get the virus again the odds are the horrible lung related issues would not be as severe. Now perhaps they know for sure now that you have immunity for a while because again this was from a while ago.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I had it but the antibody test came back negative. Be careful on assuming you can't get it for a while. There is no proof of that. I asked an "expert" relative a couple of months ago and she said they feel you will be immune for a period of time but aren't sure because they just don't have the data. She did however say that the general feeling is that if you do get the virus again the odds are the horrible lung related issues would not be as severe. Now perhaps they know for sure now that you have immunity for a while because again this was from a while ago.
My doctor stated that the virus is new and they need more time to determine the long term effects, immunity, etc. He did tell me that there are no cases where a person had COVID, completely recovered and got it again. at this point it seems to work like a normal virus.

For purposes of the NFL discussion, I think having every player tested every day is going to be a big problem. And that is really the only way to keep everyone safe.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, you have to feel for fringe NFL talents who simply won't have the opportunity to put their game on tape for other teams to see in the hopes of maximizing their opportunities. Think of names like Victor Cruz, or even recently Raheem Mostert, as players who have greatly benefited from preseason action.
Eh?

Mostert got cut after having good preseasons.
Mostert got his current job because of injuries to the guys ahead of him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My doctor stated that the virus is new and they need more time to determine the long term effects, immunity, etc. He did tell me that there are no cases where a person had COVID, completely recovered and got it again. at this point it seems to work like a normal virus.

For purposes of the NFL discussion, I think having every player tested every day is going to be a big problem. And that is really the only way to keep everyone safe.
Once a week is enough.

Whose lawyers are going to pry into the accuracy of each test, the NFLPA's or the league's?

When Drew Brees or Tom Brady test positive are they really going to let the other one take the career passing yards record based on a bad test? No way.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once a week is enough.

Whose lawyers are going to pry into the accuracy of each test, the NFLPA's or the league's?

When Drew Brees or Tom Brady test positive are they really going to let the other one take the career passing yards record based on a bad test? No way.
You're probably right. The lawyers will always have an impact regardless of the amount of tests.

My point was from a "safest way" POV. More testing is better than less testing.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once a week is enough.

Jimmie Johnson had to sit out a Nascar race a few weeks back. Then tested negative the next two days after the race. He is one of the biggest names in Nascar. If the NFL plays this year I will not be surprised when some big names have s to sit out a game or two.