• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Breaking News: Janzen Jackson just got dismissed from school! No details on what the background is yet.

So ... out of the 22 prospects Kiffin signed in 2009, only eleven are still on the team.

I'd take a flier on this guy as a UDFA.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UDFA, does that even count as a flier? He needs to drop the weed but he's a great athlete.

It really never ceases to amaze me how these college kids with such promise waste away their talent and the opportunity if a lifetime they have been lucky to have. If I ever was in their position, I would do everything in my power to keep my nose clean and put in the work needed. With kids like Jackson, all he needed to do was stay out of stupid shit like failed drug tests and his talent itself would have made him lots of money!

I guess their priorities are all screwed up!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really never ceases to amaze me how these college kids with such promise waste away their talent and the opportunity if a lifetime they have been lucky to have. If I ever was in their position, I would do everything in my power to keep my nose clean and put in the work needed. With kids like Jackson, all he needed to do was stay out of stupid shit like failed drug tests and his talent itself would have made him lots of money!

I guess their priorities are all screwed up!

Two thoughts come to mind in situations like this.

1) These guys are spoiled by being told how great they always are. People hoping to fleece off of them (money, attention, lifestyle) don't have the moral fortitude to tell them when they screw up.

2) Many people are also just morons and don't see situations through the same logical, intelligent prism we do. Springer proved this to me many years ago and it's re-inforced daily by people all around.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on Shapiro's statements and corroborating witnesses, Yahoo! Sports' report named a dozen current 'Canes as beneficiaries of Shapiro's largess, including Harris, his leading returning receiver and seven returning starters on defense, two of whom were preseason All-ACC picks by conference media types. The complete list (click on a player's name for specifics of their involvement): Safety Ray-Ray Armstrong, wide receiver Travis Benjamin, defensive end Dyron Dye, defensive tackle Marcus Fortson, quarterback Jacory Harris (right), wide receiver Aldarius Johnson, cornerback JoJo Nicolas, defensive end Adewale Ojomo, linebacker Sean Spence (top), safety Vaughn Telemaque and defensive end Olivier Vernon.

Miami Suspension Watch, Round One: Eight ?Canes on ice, and counting - Dr. Saturday - NCAAFBlog - Yahoo! Sports

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clyde, I'm not sure if you still follow Matt Miller's (newerascouting) draft analysis, but it has gotten terrible. Recently he's been saying things like he's not impressed with J.J Watt and that idiots would pick Matthew Stafford to start a franchise. Btw he ranked Andy Dalton as his #1 QB this year. He seems to be going for controversial pieces instead of educated ones, which made him popular before.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually now all I use for my draft/prospects info is cbssports, NFP (Bunting), and Mayock. I don't pay much attention to anyone else when it comes to evaluations.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clyde, does Mayock publish CFB player analysis, or is it just the NLFN stuff you follow?

Thanks for posting sources!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vontaze Burfict intrigues me, but apparently he got in a fight with a teammate the other day. Not sure if his head is screwed on straight or not.

Stephon Gilmore is kind of intriguing to me too.

Luck, Barkley, and Blackmon are my favorite prospects in that order.

Burfict is a head case, since his days at Centennial H.S. - anyone remember the Centennial/De La Salle CIF championship?

Despite his dooziness, the guy is a heck of a football player and one heck of a LB. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets slotted as a top 3 LB when it's all said and done.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde, does Mayock publish CFB player analysis, or is it just the NLFN stuff you follow?

Thanks for posting sources!

Mayock doesn't publish rankings and analysis until February or March I believe. Until then Rob Rang at cbssports, Wes Bunting at NFP, or Tony Pauline at draftinsider are good sources for players/prospects.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Spartans are playing against my Cardinal this week. Ugh!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Quinton Coples #1 on the big board eh?

Anyone get the feeling he's getting a bit too much hype? Kipe has him #2 on his big board.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh wait, looks like that's only a list of seniors. Ok, that makes more sense.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I gave my pops my ticket to see the Spartan smackdown. :( I won't miss any other home games though.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damarlo Belcher vs Ball St

3 Rec 84 yards 1 TD

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So why isn't Chris Gallipo getting any love? Every time I watch him play he looks like an NFL ILB.

Status
Not open for further replies.