• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not a fan of next year's CB crop. Stephon Gilmore intrigues me from a physical aspect, though. He's one of the most explosive CBs I've seen on the collegiate level, but he's so freakin' raw from a technique standpoint it's painful to watch. Janoris Jenkins has gotten a lot of hype but he's a guy that I personally wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Doesn't have the physical tools I look for and is a headache off the field. I like Dre Kirkpatrick and Alfonzo Dennard better as Safeties than CBs.

The only two CBs I like right now are Donnie Fletcher and Chase Minnifield. We'll see how/if that changes, however.

Yo Clyde, you're bugging my dude! This is the best class since the '99 class that produced Chris McAlister, Champ Bailey, Dre Bly, Antoine Winfield, and company. As of now, the CB class represents the deepest position to date. As we all know though, this could all change during the season...let alone by the time the draft comes along.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more i look at the CB's in this class, the more i'm intrigued. It's a fairly deep class and i haven't really made up my mind on all of them yet, but it could be very promising.

Jayron Hosley - VT
Cliff Harris - Oregon
Stephon Gilmore - SC
Dre Kirkpatrick - Bama
Alfonzo Dennard - Neb.
Donnie Fletcher - BC

I forgot about Jayron Hosley.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that because of the rookie salary cap, you may see more guys come out then guys who stay. The difference between being next years number 1 and this years number 10 isnt nearly as drastic as it used to be. Plus, it would allow the guy to get into free agency one year earlier where if he has panned out will make most of his money. Also, I would personally rather be taken in the teens like a Big Ben and go to team that isn't so shitty. Being drafted number one to me is more like a curse than blessing.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is my heisman favorite.

Big-Ten can't defend the pass. He has upcoming superstar Bennie Fowler, an exciting player in Keshawn Martin, and he still has his possession go to guys in Cunningham and Nichols.

Add that with Edwin Baker; one of the best RBs in college. Stanzi had about the same amount of weapons, if not, maybe more weapons than Cousins.

Stanzi (2010) - 3004 yards/ 26 TDs + 2 (rushing) TDs / 6 INTs
Great statline, but doesn't tell the whole story. Cousins should be able to beat him in yards and TDs as long as he stays healthy.

He can post all of the stats he wants, but he'll still be a weak prospect.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Clyde, you're bugging my dude! This is the best class since the '99 class that produced Chris McAlister, Champ Bailey, Dre Bly, Antoine Winfield, and company. As of now, the CB class represents the deepest position to date. As we all know though, this could all change during the season...let alone by the time the draft comes along.

Don't fuck with me Bingo. This CB class reminds of '11's QB class - a lot of potential but very few prospects that bring that high floor and potential in one package. Stephon Gilmore is an exceptional prospect from a physical standpoint but he's a horrible technician and plays dumb. Janoris Jenkins and Cliff Harris are both undersized with serious character concerns. In fact, I'd be outright shocked if Jenkins gets drafted within the first three rounds. Dre Kirkpatrick is too big/stiff to play CB in the NFL, and Alfonzo Dennard doesn't have the pure cover skills to be #1 CB in the NFL.

The two most complete CBs, IMO, are Donnie Fletcher and Chase Minnifield. But neither of them is exactly Patrick Peterson. Jayron Hosley is intriguing, but I'd like to see more of him before I have an opinion one way or the other. Plus, a lot of these guys might not even declare Bingo.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fuck with me Bingo. This CB class reminds of '11's QB class - a lot of potential but very few prospects that bring that high floor and potential in one package. Stephon Gilmore is an exceptional prospect from a physical standpoint but he's a horrible technician and plays dumb. Janoris Jenkins and Cliff Harris are both undersized with serious character concerns. In fact, I'd be outright shocked if Jenkins gets drafted within the first three rounds. Dre Kirkpatrick is too big/stiff to play CB in the NFL, and Alfonzo Dennard doesn't have the pure cover skills to be #1 CB in the NFL.

The two most complete CBs, IMO, are Donnie Fletcher and Chase Minnifield. But neither of them is exactly Patrick Peterson. Jayron Hosley is intriguing, but I'd like to see more of him before I have an opinion one way or the other. Plus, a lot of these guys might not even declare Bingo.

You bring up some solid points as usual clyde. It's a fairly deep CB class which has me stoked on it. I agree there aren't any top flight CB's, but Hosley could end up being a top 10 pick. Gilmore and Harris could also work there way into the first round if they have a solid season.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another update for the TN fans on here ...

'12 GA WR Jason Croom has committed to Tennessee according to Laura McKeeman of Fox Sports.

Another 4-star recruit added to a solid WR corps!

The 2012 class is looking dirtier by the day!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Woods out of USC might be looking at a big year. He had a solid rookie season. It's only the last name that worries me.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Landry Jones

I haven't seen much talk of him in a while. I really liked him after he took over for Bradford. He's got a very quick release, accurate, arm strength, quick feet, has experience under center, ect. I'm really not sure how he slips out of the top 10. I would like to see more more under pressure, but those were my thoughts on Bradford and he is turning out to be a fairly solid QB. I'm curious to know your opinions on him. Clyde if i remember correctly you didn't care much for him, or at least didn't consider him a 1st round prospect? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damarlo Belcher

The sleeping giant at WR in this draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put the link in, take out everything up until and including the = sign, highlight it, and click the youtube tab on the top right of the box.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I like Landry Jones. My mind isn't made up about how much, but I'm a fan.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News: Janzen Jackson just got dismissed from school! No details on what the background is yet.

So ... out of the 22 prospects Kiffin signed in 2009, only eleven are still on the team.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Landry Jones. My mind isn't made up about how much, but I'm a fan.

That seems to be the opinion of a lot of people. I haven't heard much about him either way when looking at him as an NFL prospect. I have a feeling he's going to turn some heads this year. He should get a lot more attention now that Oklahoma is being talked about so much.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How does Landry Jones throw under pressure? (Didn't watch OK at all last year) But the year Bradford went down, he rarely ever had to worry about line breakdowns.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Landry Jones throw under pressure? (Didn't watch OK at all last year) But the year Bradford went down, he rarely ever had to worry about line breakdowns.

This would be my biggest concern with Jones. As many people from this board have pointed out in the past, Bradford had tons of time and a very wide pocket to throw from in Oklahoma because his Offensive line was so good. Jones also has a fairly solid line and doesn't get pressured too much. He's going to have his work cut out for him this year when they play teams like Florida State, Texas, and and Texas A&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.