• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Awards and Hall of Fame class

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose to be announced tonight starting at 9pm EST. Let the leaks begin.

Holt better get in

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the list...

Name / 1st team All Pro / Pro Bowls
Andre Johnson 2, 7
DeMarcus Ware 4, 9
Devin Hester 3, 4
Patrick Willis 5, 7
Willie Anderson 3, 4
Jared Allen 4, 5
Bryant Young 1, 4
Ronde Barber 3, 5
Sam Mills 1, 5
LeRoy Butler 4, 4
Zach Thomas 5, 7
Reggie Wayne 1, 6
Torry Holt 1, 7
Richard Seymour 3, 7
Tony Boselli 3, 5

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose to be announced tonight starting at 9pm EST. Let the leaks begin.

Holt better get in
Tory Holt should get in, as should Reggie Wayne imo but Andre Johnson likely gets in which could shut them out for now. A lot of names on the list that are deserving. Hard to fit them all in.
Having said that, all HOFs are a farce anyway. Nothing more than a popularity contest for the voters.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tory Holt should get in, as should Reggie Wayne imo but Andre Johnson likely gets in which could shut them out for now. A lot of names on the list that are deserving. Hard to fit them all in.
Having said that, all HOFs are a farce anyway. Nothing more than a popularity contest for the voters.

I hate how it has become more and more the HOF for fantasy football players.

Everyone is talking about the WR's that should get in. But the simple fact is that Johnson, Wayne, Holt werent even close to being as impactful as nearly everyone else on that list when it comes to winning football games back in the day.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HOF is always slanted to offense, have had WR inducted with modern players in 4 of last 5 years (Harrison, Owens, Bruce, C. Johnson)... so 4 of last 25 inductees have been WRs. And have also had Pearson and Carmichael with senior inductees... so 6 WRs in last 5 classes.

Personally would rather see some of the other position groups inducted this year.

Ware is only slam dunk for me....

Think more complicated this year with Willis and Boselli both good nominees but shorter careers and Hester as STs who greatly impacted the game.

Looking at 2023 these are the 1st year eligible big names I see... Joe Thomas, Dwight Freeney, James Harrison, Darrel Revis, Jahri Evans. From that group I would expect Joe Thomas is slam dunk 1st year inductee... others think probably wait some time if inducted.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people think that Hester should get in?

On one hand he is easily the best returner in the history of the game.

On the other he had about 50 total major impact returns in his entire career. Not exactly a needle mover in football.

I would never vote for him personally.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people think that Hester should get in?

On one hand he is easily the best returner in the history of the game.

On the other he had about 50 total major impact returns in his entire career. Not exactly a needle mover in football.

I would never vote for him personally.

Yes for me.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the other players maybe should get more love than the WR group but like you said @Tainthappening , it isn't the way it will likely go.
I also agree that Ware is a slam dunk but I think Willis, Thomas and Barber all have realistic chances. Maybe Boselli as he's been on the ballot for a few years now.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the easy ones are D.Ware and P.Willis. And I gotta say Z.Thomas is probably the next man up, so no surprise if he gets in.

I think A.Johnson probably gets in, but if he does, that means Holt probably doesn't make it.

As for Hester...I say no.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the easy ones are D.Ware and P.Willis. And I gotta say Z.Thomas is probably the next man up, so no surprise if he gets in.

I think A.Johnson probably gets in, but if he does, that means Holt probably doesn't make it.

As for Hester...I say no.
Holt has more receiving yards than any Wr in the 2000s. Holt deserves more than Johnson, more TDs in less games, Super Bowl winner, six 1300+ seasons compared to four, more 1000+ seasons