• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Awards and 2016 Hall of Famers

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 SB win is impressive, too bad he doesn't have the stats to justify a HOF career.

Jesus Christ Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler have about the same numbers as Kurt Warner. You're really overestimating the value of his 1 SB victory.

No one's saying Kurt Warner is trash but there is no way he belongs in the HOF.

Warner has more then 4 times those two clowns combined in postseason wins, even though Warner has played in less games than either of them.

You need a better argument than comparing him to those two clowns.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warner has more then 4 times those two clowns combined in postseason wins, even though Warner has played in less games than either of them.

You need a better argument than comparing him to those two clowns.

Postseason wins only mean something if you have multiple SB rings, other wise it's just another stat that looks nice but doesn't really matter that much.

Some people can get into the HOF with only 1 ring because they have the stats to justify it(Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees) and some people can't(Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Phill Simms, Joe Theismann), Warner is in the middle but he's not high enough to reach the Hall Of Fame.

Last edited:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Postseason wins only mean something if you have multiple SB rings, other wise it's just another stat that looks nice but doesn't really matter that much.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• latest?cb=20130530032551
    latest?cb=20130530032551
    355.2 KB · Views: 76

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure Warner's 9 wins but only 1 ring is such a great stat :rolleyes:

No one with less than 210 TD passes in the modern era should ever go into the HOF unless they have 3+ rings to justify it.

Hell at this point Eli Manning is better than Kurt Warner based on the fact that he has better stats and more rings. And Eli Manning doesn't belong in the HOF.

Oh and you'll love this, Eli is 8-3 in the postseason(the stat you love so much), I await your post telling me why Eli Manning should be in the HOF and how he's better than Kurt Warner.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion. I just don't play what ifs and IMO he in no way is top 5 all time.

Just for conversation purposes, which three of these guys does he bump?

Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Johnny Unitas
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Steve Young

By his reasoning have to take out Montana because of the receivers using stickum

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Warner's 9 wins but only 1 ring is such a great stat :rolleyes:

No one with less than 210 TD passes in the modern era should ever go into the HOF unless they have 3+ rings to justify it.

Hell at this point Eli Manning is better than Kurt Warner based on the fact that he has better stats and more rings. And Eli Manning doesn't belong in the HOF.

Oh and you'll love this, Eli is 8-3 in the postseason(the stat you love so much), I await your post telling me why Eli Manning should be in the HOF and how he's better than Kurt Warner.
....eli's ''defense'' in our two SB/losses = won him those two fkkn rings..........his 2-miracle passes [one in each/4th qrtr.] of those SB's were nuthin but lucky.... and questionable in 2007,.......*MM kicks cat*.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner's halcyon years were extremely impressive, and I believe he was the QB of the last truly great offense in NFL history. I guess I'd have no issue with him going to the Hall, but he had two huge gaps in his career (when he turned crap with the Rams/Giants/early Cards) or non-career (before he ever became a Ram) that leaves people wanting more.

I certainly don't like the argument that 'he took two historically lowly franchises to SB berths. That alone deserves enshrinement.' That Hollywood nonsense has no business in the discussion. And no....he was not on Dan Marino's level as an individual player.

I don't like the fact that Stabler got in simply due to the sympathy vote. He was a good to great player for less than half of his career. Ironically, I think Warner and Stabler were incredibly similar players. I think the guys who were selected for the Hall this year all deserve it, except for Father Dungy.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurt Warner's halcyon years were extremely impressive, and I believe he was the QB of the last truly great offense in NFL history. I guess I'd have no issue with him going to the Hall, but he had two huge gaps in his career (when he turned crap with the Rams/Giants/early Cards) or non-career (before he ever became a Ram) that leaves people wanting more.

I certainly don't like the argument that 'he took two historically lowly franchises to SB berths. That alone deserves enshrinement.' That Hollywood nonsense has no business in the discussion. And no....he was not on Dan Marino's level as an individual player.

I don't like the fact that Stabler got in simply due to the sympathy vote. He was a good to great player for less than half of his career. Ironically, I think Warner and Stabler were incredibly similar players. I think the guys who were selected for the Hall this year all deserve it, except for Father Dungy.

Stabler was never as dominant a passer as Warner was at his best, as there was a three year period during those Rams Super Bowl runs where Warner was widely considered the best in the game.

Even adjusted for era, Warner's five best seasons are comparable to the five best seasons of any QB in history.

Position aside, I think he's more similar to the likes of Sayers and Campbell, in though he may not have the overall volume/longevity, he was so dominant at his best that he needs to be in the HOF.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stabler was never as dominant a passer as Warner was at his best, as there was a three year period during those Rams Super Bowl runs where Warner was widely considered the best in the game.

Even adjusted for era, Warner's five best seasons are comparable to the five best seasons of any QB in history.

Position aside, I think he's more similar to the likes of Sayers and Campbell, in though he may not have the overall volume/longevity, he was so dominant at his best that he needs to be in the HOF.

Stabler was considered by some to be the best QB of the early to mid 70's, winning an MVP and leading the league in TD passes twice. He put a QB rating of over 100 in 1976, which is beyond ridiculous given the nature of the era.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....eli's ''defense'' in our two SB/losses = won him those two fkkn rings..........his 2-miracle passes [one in each/4th qrtr.] of those SB's were nuthin but lucky.... and questionable in 2007,.......*MM kicks cat*.
Sounds like sour grapes Mother. Just admit he outplayed Brady in those 2 SB's.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today the receivers use sticky gloves.

I was just joking about Rice and Montana. I'm not a little bitch making excuses to benefit a player. It's like the HS kid who has had the hottest GF for awhile, and a new cheerleader comes into the school that might be as hot or hotter. " She wears so much makeup, her tits are fake, heard she blew every football player" Enjoy your girl and let it go

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look forward to next season. I've been doing that since 1995. :gaah:
.....hell,.....i'm still ~basking~ in last feb.'s SB/victory,.......it was ALL gravy this season/no regrets,.....like I said before = i'd rather lose the AFC-CHamp. than a fkn SB.

Reactions: GNG

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stabler was considered by some to be the best QB of the early to mid 70's, winning an MVP and leading the league in TD passes twice. He put a QB rating of over 100 in 1976, which is beyond ridiculous given the nature of the era.

Yeah, it seems like I sold Stabler a bit short, though Warner reached two more Superbowls without anywhere near the defensive support.

I feel Stabler was a fringe/borderline HOF player, like Warner, but for different reasons.

Seriously, if I was a member of Stabler's family, I'd be pissed off at the voters. After waiting forever, voting the guy in directly after he dies just feels wrong.

The football HOF has become a joke, to a large extent. Though the baseball HOF might be a bit too exclusive, at least its process is much more consistent and credible.

A guy like Kevin Greene having to wait as long as he did is unbelievable to me, despite how one dimensional he may have been.

160 career sacks, averaging nearly 11 per season?

Only a handful of DE/OLBs have impacted the game more than Greene.