• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL and Penalties For Celebrations

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have never penalized celebrations in the 1st place. Good to see the league relaxing some of the rules on this.

Except for some of the really ridiculously stupid ones... Then fine em

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ochocinco, please make a comeback. The game needs you, we all need you!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. I'm kind of torn on this issue. On one hand, I despise excessive celebrations (ie Terrell Owens/Chad Johnson style TD celebrations), but I'm not sure the penalties did much other than slow the game down. Players still did it.

I mean, Cam Newton, aka "The Ultimate Douchebag", still frequently runs around making an ass out of hmself acting like he just won the SB after first downs ffs. What did the league ever do about excessive, downright annoying crap like that? Whatever the case, it wasn't working, because they still did it, and the worst offenders like the three I mentioned hardly slowed down with the bs in the vast scheme of things.

I agree that lightening up on the penalties for excessive celebrations is probably all about PR. Basically everything someone with Goodell's job does will be in relation to PR, whether directly or not, or regardless of how well it works. This won't have much impact on the fans IMO, as many of them were fed up with the "Ochocinco" style crap, so it's a wash. Secondly, that pales jas a current league issue compared to the dip in quality of play, excessive flags in general, and the Colin Kaepernick disrespecting the anthem/others copying him horse shit. They'd be better off going back to PI rules of even the 90's to bring back viewership, but they never will.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its going to be nice to have characters back in the game. the nfl realized this way too late. they took away their characters when they ended celebrations.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No taunting and keep it short... maybe a 15 second max on celebrations, otherwise let them do what they want.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No taunting and keep it short... maybe a 15 second max on celebrations, otherwise let them do what they want.
I say only celebrate after a win.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. I'm kind of torn on this issue. On one hand, I despise excessive celebrations (ie Terrell Owens/Chad Johnson style TD celebrations), but I'm not sure the penalties did much other than slow the game down. Players still did it.

I mean, Cam Newton, aka "The Ultimate Douchebag", still frequently runs around making an ass out of hmself acting like he just won the SB after first downs ffs. What did the league ever do about excessive, downright annoying crap like that? Whatever the case, it wasn't working, because they still did it, and the worst offenders like the three I mentioned hardly slowed down with the bs in the vast scheme of things.

I agree that lightening up on the penalties for excessive celebrations is probably all about PR. Basically everything someone with Goodell's job does will be in relation to PR, whether directly or not, or regardless of how well it works. This won't have much impact on the fans IMO, as many of them were fed up with the "Ochocinco" style crap, so it's a wash. Secondly, that pales jas a current league issue compared to the dip in quality of play, excessive flags in general, and the Colin Kaepernick disrespecting the anthem/others copying him horse shit. They'd be better off going back to PI rules of even the 90's to bring back viewership, but they never will.

:10:

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
penalizing celebrations was a pussy move to begin with ... delay of game is delay of game ... whoever was bothered with anything else can fuck themselves and their grandmothers that bitched about it ...

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about mooning an opponent like Randy Moss did several seasons ago?

TThat's a pretty irrelevant discussion to this thread given that you clearly aren't aware of the context of the Randy Moss "Lambea Moon".
1) He didn't literally moon anyone, he pretended to pull his pants down and moon the Packers fans after scoring. Never use hyperbole in excessess because it discredits your arguements.

2) The Green Bay fans have been literally bare-assed mooning the Vikings team bus in the Lambea parking lot as a "tradition" since well before the Moss fake-moon taunt in that 2004 season playoff game. I'm sure they do it to other teams as well, especially division rivals. Moss even pointed this out right after the fact.

3) The Vikings were assessed with a 15 yard penalty added to the Packers' following kickoff return. His actions incurred the highest yardest possible non-PI penalty possible before the league began their crusade against excessive celebrations. So I'm not sure how you find this example relevant to the discussion.

Now do any of these facts absolve Moss of all personal responsibilty for his actions in the Lambea fake mooning? No. But I hardly consider a player doing a super watered down version of a taunt at division rival fans who literally bare-ass moon them every time they play in their house during an emotional playoff game the same thing as elaborate T.O./Ochocinco style crap like busting out cell phones from under the goalpost cushions or Cam Newton deciding he needs to throw Superbowl winning worthy celebrations for every first down.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So G&R, care to refute my response to your dogshit post, or just gonna stick with giving it the "bullshit" tag like that somehow legitimizes your retarded post about the Randy Moss fake mooning?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So G&R, care to refute my response to your dogshit post, or just gonna stick with giving it the "bullshit" tag like that somehow legitimizes your retarded post about the Randy Moss fake mooning?
That and rainbows are his calling cards. The LGBT fans love him.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and rainbows are his calling cards. The LGBT fans love him.

He appears to have the debate skills of an autistic 12 year old arguing with his mother when she tells him he needs to play less than 10 hours of XBox per day, so I guess I don't want to be too hard on the guy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GhostOfPopost: 10128427 said:
He appears to have the debate skills of an autistic 12 year old arguing with his mother when she tells him he needs to play less than 10 hours of XBox per day, so I guess I don't want to be too hard on the guy.
I wish his mother cutoff the interweb to the basement. Would've saved him a lot of embarrasment.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 15 second celebration seems really long to me.

I roll my eyes at the ridiculous, choreographed celebrations that diva players spent time arranging off the field.

A spontaneous celebration based on the emotion of the moment is fine. Anything else is just over the top in my opinion.