• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Wild Card-Seattle Seahawks vs. Dallas Cowboys

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just simply stated a coach is responsible for his team. Responsibility falls on the head coach. He’s quite upset about it.

steeler_fan_proudly_waving_terrib_2.jpg

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The part of the blame that goes to Carroll is that he hired Schottenheimer for the sole reason to run an offense that Seattle did this season. He wanted 09 Jets and hired the guy behind it. Seattle's offense is what every defensive-minded head coach dreams of.

Schottenheimer does shoulder some blame because he is in charge of playcalling but Pete at any time could've said "Hey let's mix it up some more" or "Let's run it more to the outside" etc.

But make no mistake Carroll isn't kicking himself because of Schottenheimer's playcalling as that's exactly what Carroll ultimately wants but what he's looking back and kicking himself over is letting a QB Draw convert 3rd and 14 and losing contain to let Zeke get big runs that should've been minimal gains.

Seattle lost partly because in general they overachieved a bit but mostly because the Dallas defense was just a bad matchup for what they wanted to do offensively. Seattle wants to wear you down physically but Dallas was just able to match it and win in terms of the physicality.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"First off, for somebody to look at this game and (say) somebody didn't do this or didn't do that, and try to hold that against them or whatever, is really unfair," Carroll said. "Hold it against me, I'm the guy that's in charge of this thing.

"To try and blame Schotty with the play-calling or something, I understand that reaction but it isn't warranted. We had a hell of a season. We did a bunch of good stuff and we're just getting started. That's what it feels like."

Wonder who
Said this

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should the OC schottenheimer not also shoulder some of the blame, since you know, he was the actual play-caller. Nobody has ever stated that Petey was not to share the blame, also.

Usually the play-caller also gets some blame, except apparently in Seattle and Pitt fantasy-lands.
that we have learned in this thread.

I hope we see Shotty win the OC coach of the year award for this season.
and, maybe Pitt can even steal the offensive wizard schotty away from Seattle, if they are so lucky.
Isn't RW allowed to audible?

Plenty of blame to go around.

Ultimate decisions rest with the HC.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they dont, apparently
Go easy on him. He's cute, he still thinks the NFL in was formed in 2012.

:behindsofa:

Incoming a bs, rainbow or face palm. You know the things posters use when they have nothing left.