• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Wild Card-Seattle Seahawks vs. Dallas Cowboys

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game were in Seattle, I would expect a Seahawks win by at least a touchdown.

Games in Dallas and the Cowboys defense is better than they were earlier.

I trust Russell Wilson more in the 4th quarter of a close game than I do Dak and I think that gets the Seahawks a very close win (field goal or less).

CooperScooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game were in Seattle, I would expect a Seahawks win by at least a touchdown.

Games in Dallas and the Cowboys defense is better than they were earlier.

I trust Russell Wilson more in the 4th quarter of a close game than I do Dak and I think that gets the Seahawks a very close win (field goal or less).

While I agree RW is the better QB, you’re basis of trusting RW more than
Dak late in a game is faulty. Dak is as clutch as they come late in the game. In fact the only guy better since Dak has been in the nfl is Brady.

Dak in 1 score games in the 4th -169 for 257 66% 2222 yds 8.6 ypa 16 TDs 2 INT 110.4 ranking.

He also has 5 game winning drives just this season.

And if you want to argue playoff success. In his only career playoff game he led his team to go ahead TD against the packers in 2016. Rodgers just got the ball last.

CooperScooper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the game. Both teams want to establish the run game early and control the clock. One thing not many people are talking about is how bad Seattle is against the run. They are the worst in the league in yards per rush attempt against. On the other hand, Dallas is top 3 in the league in yards per rush attempt against. This a huge advantage for Dallas. I expect Zeke to get 30+ touches and have a huge game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree RW is the better QB, you’re basis of trusting RW more than
Dak late in a game is faulty. Dak is as clutch as they come late in the game. In fact the only guy better since Dak has been in the nfl is Brady.

Dak in 1 score games in the 4th -169 for 257 66% 2222 yds 8.6 ypa 16 TDs 2 INT 110.4 ranking.

He also has 5 game winning drives just this season.

And if you want to argue playoff success. In his only career playoff game he led his team to go ahead TD against the packers in 2016. Rodgers just got the ball last.

My basis is that Wilson is the better QB. I didn't say that Dak wasn't good or wasn't clutch. I said I trust Wilson more. He has a proven track record in the playoffs, Dak doesn't.

Dak may end up being more clutch in the playoffs than Wilson. But Wilson has proven himself, Dak hasn't. That might be because of lack of opportunity.

Hell, it might even be "homer goggles" since I'm a Seahawks fan. But until Dak proves different, I trust Wilson more.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Dak actually impressed me yesterday without having Zeke. I give credit where it's due. I'm hoping Pete and Ken Norton can dial up a defense that makes life more difficult for Dak.
The one thing about Dak, if he rolls right and throws back toward the middle like he did three times yesterday and got away with, I think Seattle's defense gets a couple picks. The kid will have to be really sharp and make zero mistakes vs. the Hawks. Can't give Wilson extra chances.

No Zeke, no Martin, no Smith.

Lawrence limited action.

It was pleasing to see.

And a breakout game by Jarwin.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust Brian Schottenheimer against a good defense in the playoffs. I think Dallas can bottle up Seattle offense except for Russell Wilson's magic plays.

Dak is oddly magical, too, so I think Dallas wins this one even if the advanced metrics really favor Seattle.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids hockey?

I cannot imagine caring less about something.

Saw Sweden/US. Holy fuck that was Spectacular.

Sweden was up 4-0 with less than 10 minutes left in the third. US came back including 2 last minute goals.

3 out of American 4 goals, including the last minute goals, were scored by the same player( a habs prospect).

Switzerland/Canada was good.

Going to Czech republic/Denmark at 1 and Canada/Russia at 5 pm tonight and found a Bar two blocks away between the arena. So pint between games

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Sweden/US. Holy fuck that was Spectacular.

Sweden was up 4-0 with less than 10 minutes left in the third. US came back including 2 last minute goals.

3 out of American 4 goals, including the last minute goals, were scored by the same player( a habs prospect).

Switzerland/Canada was good.

Going to Czech republic/Denmark at 1 and Canada/Russia at 5 pm tonight and found a Bar two blocks away between the arena. So pint between games

Have not watch one second.

For that matter, I've barely watch 15 minutes of hockey this year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams run the ball well, both teams are playing decent defense... All I ask, for the love of God, is that the refs call a good fair game and don't lean any direction... It's the playoffs so LET the teams play ....

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle shows out in the playoffs and well Dallas...
upload_2018-12-31_10-3-58.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect this is to be by far the highest rated game of week 1.

Most worrisome to me is the Dallas defense hasn't actually been all that great lately. Seems like the last 3 games the Offenses went up and down the field on them. Some turnovers and poor 3rd down decisions/throws by the opposing QBs were all that kept all 3 teams from scoring about 40 on them. The defense overall and pass rush need to step up if they are going to win.:2cents:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks have a few key injuries that could factor in. Both started guards were out yesterday, but I just listened to PC's Monday morning radio deal and sounds like Fluker is back for sure but Sweezy may go up to game time. LCB Shaquill Griffin turned an ankle yesterday and didn't return; they have to wait and see on him....best CB on the team. Starting FS Tedric Thompson has missed the last couple games but will be back on Saturday.

Yesterday was a bit sketchy with drops and ST blunders (2 blocked punts??), but Seattle has a great coach, a great QB, the league's best running game, and the league's best turnover ratio. That all adds up to a tough team to beat in the playoffs. I'm sure Dallas will be a stiff challenge, should be a good game.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks have a few key injuries that could factor in. Both started guards were out yesterday, but I just listened to PC's Monday morning radio deal and sounds like Fluker is back for sure but Sweezy may go up to game time. LCB Shaquill Griffin turned an ankle yesterday and didn't return; they have to wait and see on him....best CB on the team. Starting FS Tedric Thompson has missed the last couple games but will be back on Saturday.

Yesterday was a bit sketchy with drops and ST blunders (2 blocked punts??), but Seattle has a great coach, a great QB, the league's best running game, and the league's best turnover ratio. That all adds up to a tough team to beat in the playoffs. I'm sure Dallas will be a stiff challenge, should be a good game.
Well,,,I guess to that I'll say if you run the ball better than us I expect you to win...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect this is to be by far the highest rated game of week 1.
The other NFC game should be close but I'd be shocked if this wasn't the highest rated game.

Most worrisome to me is the Dallas defense hasn't actually been all that great lately. Seems like the last 3 games the Offenses went up and down the field on them. Some turnovers and poor 3rd down decisions/throws by the opposing QBs were all that kept all 3 teams from scoring about 40 on them. The defense overall and pass rush need to step up if they are going to win.:2cents:
Yeah, if the Cowboys D isn't great then they dont have much of a chance. That being said, I don't know how hard they were actually trying against the Giants.