• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Predictions

Who will lead the pack in defense?

• Skins

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Boys

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Big Boys

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • American Pride

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not for the division winner but the Cowboys far outclass the division offensively. As of right now they have the best QB, RB, OLine and maybe the best WRs.
Don't know if our watching the Eagles game but their interior OLINE is bad. I was doubting them being a top 10 line, now I'm leaning towards questioning top 20. Wentz in the first quarter was hit a bunch, sacked twice, a pass batted by a DT. I was sky high on our new CB too and Miami is just killing him. Gave up a 70 yard bomb another 30+ yard gain and a pass interference on another bomb. Good our CB play is bad. The 2 new WR both had TDs which is nice.

I don't think Dez Bryant and Cole Beasley are better than Beckham Marshall and Shepard

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are we determining "best D"? is it the defense of the best team, that makes the most turnovers, that allows fewest rushing yards or passing yards, perhaps allows the fewest points?

Because depending on the stat I could make a case for any of the NFCE teams having the "best defense".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dez Bryant and Cole Beasley are better than Beckham Marshall and Shepard

Of course not, because you think Marshall has anything left in the tank. You are listing someone cut by the Jets, let that sink in, as part of the reason your WR core is better than Dallas.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not, because you think Marshall has anything left in the tank. You are listing someone cut by the Jets, let that sink in, as part of the reason your WR core is better than Dallas.

Beckham better than Dez
Shepard and Beasley a wash
Marshall better than whatever awful WR they line up opposite Dez

No way around it

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And everyone was cut by the Jets

You're blind if you don't see what the Jets are doing

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beckham better than Dez
Shepard and Beasley a wash
Marshall better than whatever awful WR they line up opposite Dez

No way around it

avy bet that Dallas has a WR that puts up more yards than Marshall this year? WR not named Dez or Cole

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he meant TEs and RBs too with his comment about Dallas having the best WRs? meaning more receiving corps than just the WR position. I agree the Giants WRs are better at catching the ball. Dez looks healthier and if that was the issue last year and the year before he could be as good as Beckham, but right now you have to go Beckham. I'll agree Beasley and Sheppard are a toss-up. Both are better with their respective team and in their own offense, but overall it's about even. Marshall is kind of a quitter and a bad attitude guy. Because of that I'm thinking last year wasn't just a talent issue, but him not wanting to play. I'm not saying that is a good thing of course, but I think it means he is still pretty good and much better than T Will at catching the ball. Throw in guys like Butler and Switzer and we are OK, but the Giants are better.

Now if you want to add in Witten versus whomever the heck the Giants end up starting I think it is closer to even and the Cowboys skill positions are better blockers as well. But, you have to realize the whole argument from PE is based on being able to say Wentz is better than Dak. You guys have to learn to read between the lines a little better...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
avy bet that Dallas has a WR that puts up more yards than Marshall this year? WR not named Dez or Cole
I would say you should get odds, but after you made and won that bet about Murray versus any Dallas RB by a mile 3 years ago I'm not betting against you. Go for it!!!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he meant TEs and RBs too with his comment about Dallas having the best WRs? meaning more receiving corps than just the WR position. I agree the Giants WRs are better at catching the ball. Dez looks healthier and if that was the issue last year and the year before he could be as good as Beckham, but right now you have to go Beckham. I'll agree Beasley and Sheppard are a toss-up. Both are better with their respective team and in their own offense, but overall it's about even. Marshall is kind of a quitter and a bad attitude guy. Because of that I'm thinking last year wasn't just a talent issue, but him not wanting to play. I'm not saying that is a good thing of course, but I think it means he is still pretty good and much better than T Will at catching the ball. Throw in guys like Butler and Switzer and we are OK, but the Giants are better.

Now if you want to add in Witten versus whomever the heck the Giants end up starting I think it is closer to even and the Cowboys skill positions are better blockers as well. But, you have to realize the whole argument from PE is based on being able to say Wentz is better than Dak. You guys have to learn to read between the lines a little better...

Never understood why you guys accused me of that. I'm just saying the truth but you think I have some other motive. Right now I don't even think Wentz is better then Dak, I think Wentz will be better I nba few years... plus, you live in NY and the Giants are you're team so why do you even care about Dallas.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never understood why you guys accused me of that. I'm just saying the truth but you think I have some other motive. Right now I don't even think Wentz is better then Dak, I think Wentz will be better I nba few years... plus, you live in NY and the Giants are you're team so why do you even care about Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you care about Wentz? You live in Arizona, so the Cardinals are your team...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely fair points on Marshall...He is just 2 years removed from a crazy 1500 yard season with Fitzpatrick throwing to him, so either we think he is done based on last season, or chalk it up to the train wreck the Jets were, with Bryce Petty and all that garbage.........Im not expecting 1500 yards, but I think the true Marshall lies somewhere in between, and at the very least he is a big bodied red zone target Eli hasnt had since Plaxico

As far as Beasley, love the guy, but as a rookie, I think Shepard was even better statistically (i think) and Im expecting improvement this season, but Im good with that as a wash, I think Beasley is a clutch WR

Witten is all class, and a total bad ass TE...The Giants did use their first rounder on Elvin Engram, who is getting some rave reviews so far, so Im hoping he is another pretty solid weapon for them

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely fair points on Marshall...He is just 2 years removed from a crazy 1500 yard season with Fitzpatrick throwing to him, so either we think he is done based on last season, or chalk it up to the train wreck the Jets were, with Bryce Petty and all that garbage.........Im not expecting 1500 yards, but I think the true Marshall lies somewhere in between, and at the very least he is a big bodied red zone target Eli hasnt had since Plaxico

As far as Beasley, love the guy, but as a rookie, I think Shepard was even better statistically (i think) and Im expecting improvement this season, but Im good with that as a wash, I think Beasley is a clutch WR

Witten is all class, and a total bad ass TE...The Giants did use their first rounder on Elvin Engram, who is getting some rave reviews so far, so Im hoping he is another pretty solid weapon for them
I don't expect much from Engram year one. Probably about the same line as Gathers. Play 3rd downs, be a 3rd or 4th option. Maybe a mismatch in the red zone...One thing is Giants will throw a shit ton more than Dallas if the running game doesn't improve. So "stats" may all look better

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect much from Engram year one. Probably about the same line as Gathers. Play 3rd downs, be a 3rd or 4th option. Maybe a mismatch in the red zone...One thing is Giants will throw a shit ton more than Dallas if the running game doesn't improve. So "stats" may all look better

Someone should be fired if he is anything like Rico Gathers playing backup to a HOF TE

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should be fired if he is anything like Rico Gathers playing backup to a HOF TE
you don't draft a guy for year 1. He isn't looking like the starter, correct? So how many balls is he going to catch year one? 40? that would be a lot IMO. He needs to block better and with your 3 WRs and Vereen he is the 4th or 5th option if he is on the field

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't draft a guy for year 1. He isn't looking like the starter, correct? So how many balls is he going to catch year one? 40? that would be a lot IMO. He needs to block better and with your 3 WRs and Vereen he is the 4th or 5th option if he is on the field

Time will tell, impossible to predict really......He will see a lot of snaps even if they technically start Will Tye.....Maybe he becomes a big target for them, maybe not, I really have no idea...He was drafted purely as a pass catching TE who will be a matchup nightmare, cause he is built more like a WR...Of course the negative aspect of that, like you said, is his in-ability to block.......I really cant gauge how Mcadoo will use him, how does he line him up....I think the Giants are near the top of the league in pass plays, so I think he will get some chances, but I just have to wait and see.....But I still think he better outperform a player in Gathers, who may be good, but shouldnt see nearly the same amount of snaps

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to some calculation, the NY Jets will not be favored in one game this season

UTKipp1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dal 13 - 3 (5-1)
Was 8 - 8 (3-3)
NYG 7 - 9 (2-4)
Phi 5 - 11 (2-4)

It won't be a competitive division, as there's only one playoff quality team. If not for the NFC West, it could be the worst in the NFC or even whole league.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure he is sitting #1 on their depth chart, and I'm hearing good things about Engram.

Disclaimer: yeah I drafted him