• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Predictions

Who will lead the pack in defense?

• Skins

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Boys

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Big Boys

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • American Pride

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know last year ( in fact every year it seems ) talking heads seem to jump on this eagles Bandwagon and I don't see it. Talk yourself into anything you want but the Eagles ain't winning shit
It's just such a tough division to predict. The last place team from the year before has won the division more than the first place team has lately. I like Wentz, but I'm not sold on him being near a top 10 QB and I'm not sold on the Eagles WRs or running game being much better than they were. Not even sure about the CBs being upgraded that much. BUT, I think the defense can be really good up front and I think in this defense Cox will put up much better stats because I think he is just a fantastic player. I also like their safeties. Jenkins is real good and McCleod started the year well and then kind of stunk a little, but I think he is ok. So I'm not going to say no chance on the division. If the Offense takes a huge step forward it's not impossible that they win the division. Am i predicting it? No, but it is possible.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised this thread is still going. IMO this division is a race of three teams the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles and in no particular order.

The Cowboys in many cases are the favorites to win the division. They won it last year and for the most part their offense is still intact. I think defensively they are going to struggle but the same was said last year. In fact they were given no shot based on how bad their defense was supposed to be. They have a top 3 offense and they will ride or die based on that. I expect the offense to be better than last year. So a good defense will be needed to contain them.

I have to plead some ignorance about the Giants. I do know defensively they are going to be really good. Offensively I think they are average at best. They have some great offensive players but their offensive line was so bad last year that it hurt their offensive productivity. They gave the Cowboys fits last year beating them twice. Because of that you can't rule them out. I don't know about what moves they made this offseason to improve.

The Eagles are the wildcard here. People not giving them a shot have not paid attention to what they have done in the off season. They addressed all of the holes they had. No that does not make them Superbowl favorites or even contenders but they are definitely better than last year. The Eagles also gave the Cowboys fits last year. In the first game they were dominating the Cowboys and ran out of gas. That is not a knock on the Cowboys....they were the better team. When you play the Cowboys you have to be prepared to perform in all 4 quarters. The Eagles did not have the personnel to keep up with them. If everything remained the same I would expect the same outcome but things are different. The Eagles are much better team (on paper anyway) than last year. The only thing we can do now is see if they gel enough to play well together.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised this thread is still going. IMO this division is a race of three teams the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles and in no particular order.

The Cowboys in many cases are the favorites to win the division. They won it last year and for the most part their offense is still intact. I think defensively they are going to struggle but the same was said last year. In fact they were given no shot based on how bad their defense was supposed to be. They have a top 3 offense and they will ride or die based on that. I expect the offense to be better than last year. So a good defense will be needed to contain them.

I have to plead some ignorance about the Giants. I do know defensively they are going to be really good. Offensively I think they are average at best. They have some great offensive players but their offensive line was so bad last year that it hurt their offensive productivity. They gave the Cowboys fits last year beating them twice. Because of that you can't rule them out. I don't know about what moves they made this offseason to improve.

The Eagles are the wildcard here. People not giving them a shot have not paid attention to what they have done in the off season. They addressed all of the holes they had. No that does not make them Superbowl favorites or even contenders but they are definitely better than last year. The Eagles also gave the Cowboys fits last year. In the first game they were dominating the Cowboys and ran out of gas. That is not a knock on the Cowboys....they were the better team. When you play the Cowboys you have to be prepared to perform in all 4 quarters. The Eagles did not have the personnel to keep up with them. If everything remained the same I would expect the same outcome but things are different. The Eagles are much better team (on paper anyway) than last year. The only thing we can do now is see if they gel enough to play well together.

I see no reason to sleep on the Skins. They have a highly driven QB and better WR's this year if Doctson's vagina heals up. They aren't the best at any position (maybe TE if Reed's vagina also stays healthy), but there is a reason the games are played.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PhoenixEagles1 is this the poll you were talking about where everyone picked the Eagles to finish better than 3rd or 4th?

Yeah, not many people voted. Sorry I didn't post it but I didn't want to get into another 15 page argument with Manster. I was waiting for him to respond to his drunk posts on page 5.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only poll I know of on here does not support his claim. He knows it, and he knows I know it, so he's purposely ignoring that question. He has a long history of throwing up bullshit as its a fact.

I guess you didn't actually read the posts. Jesus man.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you didn't actually read the posts. Jesus man.
What posts numbnuts? The post where you said there's already a poll showing the Eagles above 3rd. Now you try to act like you didn't bring it up because you didn't want to go another 15 pages. Thats BULLSHIT, and we all know it. You didn't bring it up because you knew you couldn't.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What posts numbnuts? The post where you said there's already a poll showing the Eagles above 3rd. Now you try to act like you didn't bring it up because you didn't want to go another 15 pages. Thats BULLSHIT, and we all know it. You didn't bring it up because you knew you couldn't.

I just don't understand you. I'm just sitting here shaking my head. That was the post I was talking about. It's here, it's posted... I just didn't want to argue with you because you will never admit you're wrong. The damn post doesn't have the majority of posters saying the Eagles will be in the cellar like the AZ fan thought it would. The post shows I'm right and you can't even be like, "Dang, my bad. He was right. The majority of the posters didn't have the Eagles in the cellar.
Now you're gonna make up some absolute nonsense like you did on page 5 that made absolutely no sense. I'm literally shaking my head at how bizarre and nonsensical you are.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand you. I'm just sitting here shaking my head. That was the post I was talking about. It's here, it's posted... I just didn't want to argue with you because you will never admit you're wrong. The damn post doesn't have the majority of posters saying the Eagles will be in the cellar like the AZ fan thought it would. The post shows I'm right and you can't even be like, "Dang, my bad. He was right. The majority of the posters didn't have the Eagles in the cellar.
Now you're gonna make up some absolute nonsense like you did on page 5 that made absolutely no sense. I'm literally shaking my head at how bizarre and nonsensical you are.
First off Snoopy never said the Eagles would finish last, he said they would not be above 3rd or 4th. You bitched about him hating the Eagles, Snoopy invited you to start a poll to see what everyone else thought. You mater of fact stated there is already a poll and it says he's wrong.

Truth is that poll did exist but it didn't support you Bullshit post, so when called on it you hid like a little bitch. Thats your trademark, and yes I knew you would.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Snoopy never said the Eagles would finish last, he said they would not be above 3rd or 4th. You bitched about him hating the Eagles, Snoopy invited you to start a poll to see what everyone else thought. You mater of fact stated there is already a poll and it says he's wrong.

Truth is that poll did exist but it didn't support you Bullshit post, so when called on it you hid like a little bitch. Thats your trademark, and yes I knew you would.

This... this is why I can't fuck with you because no matter how wrong you are you can't say, "My bad".
WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN THE POLL DIDN'T EXIST? HE SHARED THE FUCK ING LINK.

I'M STUPEFIED. YOU SAID THE POLL DOESN'T EXIST AND HE FUCK ING POSTED IT. JEZUS. JUST BE A MAN AND SAY MY BAD... YOU WERE RIGHT.

Lastly, I like him and we've had personal PMs. We haven given each crap for years. He's one of my homies on this board.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This... this is why I can't fuck with you because no matter how wrong you are you can't say, "My bad".
WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN THE POLL DIDN'T EXIST? HE SHARED THE FUCK ING LINK.

I'M STUPEFIED. YOU SAID THE POLL DOESN'T EXIST AND HE FUCK ING POSTED IT. JEZUS. JUST BE A MAN AND SAY MY BAD... YOU WERE RIGHT.

Lastly, I like him and we've had personal PMs. We haven given each crap for years. He's one of my homies on this board.
That poll has the Eagles tied for 3rd/4th just as Snoopy claimed, you stated there's a poll that states otherwise. I said there is no poll that supports your statement. Do yourself a favor, click on the poll and tell me the results.
If you do you'll only confirm everything I've said here is truth.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That poll has the Eagles tied for 3rd/4th just as Snoopy claimed, you stated there's a poll that states otherwise. I said there is no poll that supports your statement. Do yourself a favor, click on the poll and tell me the results.
If you do you'll only confirm everything I've said here is truth.

Ooooh, so now there is a poll. You just said there wasnt one for me to post. Thanks for saying, "My bad, there actually is a poll"
Now after you read the 5 below where none of them are saying the Eagles "wont even sniff first place"

1. They Ain't, which makes me say, Philly wins the division if this so called " Best Oline" produces!
2. Agreed it's anybody division to win. The teams sre all close in talent, its going to come down to execution and and a few breaks.
3. I'll say Dallas, but think it will be close race all year.
This one is tough imo. I think Dallas , NYG and Philly are all capable of winning the division. Advanced stats liked the Eagles alot last year but they lost a ton of close games. Conversely Dallas won a lot of close games . I think Dallas comes back a bit. I'll go
Dallas 10-6
Philly 9-7
NYG 9-7
Washington 5-11
5. NYG 10-6
DAL 9-7
PHI 9-7, but I'm leaning toward 8-8
WAS 8-8

Now thats 5 people agreeing with what I said. Last year I said Dak lost game one and I watched it in slow motion and said, "My bad, I was wrong". In the preseason I said Cole Beasley is mediocre and a career 25 yard a game guy. He blew up last year and I posted on the Cowboys board... "Got to admit Cole Beasley sure proved me wrong. He is a force". I started a thread saying Fletcher Cox is the best DT in the league. Then I watched Aaron Donald back to back weeks and said, "Aaron Donald is MUCH better than Cox". But one thing I know after 10+ years, even though I posted 100% undeniable proof that I was right there is not a chance in hell you'll admit youre wrong. Thats a given. YOull focus on a period I missed or try to play some semantic game but its all right there and if you had a thread a self esteem you'd be able to say you were wrong on this one. But you wont.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooh, so now there is a poll. You just said there wasnt one for me to post. Thanks for saying, "My bad, there actually is a poll"
Now after you read the 5 below where none of them are saying the Eagles "wont even sniff first place"

1. They Ain't, which makes me say, Philly wins the division if this so called " Best Oline" produces!
2. Agreed it's anybody division to win. The teams sre all close in talent, its going to come down to execution and and a few breaks.
3. I'll say Dallas, but think it will be close race all year.
This one is tough imo. I think Dallas , NYG and Philly are all capable of winning the division. Advanced stats liked the Eagles alot last year but they lost a ton of close games. Conversely Dallas won a lot of close games . I think Dallas comes back a bit. I'll go
Dallas 10-6
Philly 9-7
NYG 9-7
Washington 5-11
5. NYG 10-6
DAL 9-7
PHI 9-7, but I'm leaning toward 8-8
WAS 8-8

Now thats 5 people agreeing with what I said. Last year I said Dak lost game one and I watched it in slow motion and said, "My bad, I was wrong". In the preseason I said Cole Beasley is mediocre and a career 25 yard a game guy. He blew up last year and I posted on the Cowboys board... "Got to admit Cole Beasley sure proved me wrong. He is a force". I started a thread saying Fletcher Cox is the best DT in the league. Then I watched Aaron Donald back to back weeks and said, "Aaron Donald is MUCH better than Cox". But one thing I know after 10+ years, even though I posted 100% undeniable proof that I was right there is not a chance in hell you'll admit youre wrong. Thats a given. YOull focus on a period I missed or try to play some semantic game but its all right there and if you had a thread a self esteem you'd be able to say you were wrong on this one. But you wont.

You are a dense fuck aren't you. I said there's no poll that supported your claim that has the Eagles higer than 3rd.
Spin away nutcase spin away.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a dense fuck aren't you. I said there's no poll that supported your claim that has the Eagles higer than 3rd.
Spin away nutcase spin away.

Dude you're nuts. He posted it. I posted the individual quotes from it. What are you talking about. How can you say there's no poll when he posted the link and I posted the posts. Unbelievable. You straight up have mental disease.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you're nuts. He posted it. I posted the individual quotes from it. What are you talking about. How can you say there's no poll when he posted the link and I posted the posts. Unbelievable. You straight up have mental disease.
We can do this post by post. You wont like the outcome.

Answere in Yes or No to keep you on track.

1. Did Shaggy say the Eagles wont finish better than 3rd or 4th?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can do this post by post. You wont like the outcome.

Answere in Yes or No to keep you on track.

1. Did Shaggy say the Eagles wont finish better than 3rd or 4th?

Yes. He said they won't sniff first place.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you reply saying he's just an Eagles hater?

Let me speed this up cause obviously your stuck.

1. Then he said the majority of people would agree that Philly wouldn't sniff 1st.

2. Then I said... there's already a thread and your statement is untrue.

3. Then you jumped in saying there's no thread. And you said if there is one post it.

4. I ignored you but he posted (proving your wrong)

5. Then you said, the post shows the majority of people said Philly will come in last and I posted 5 quotes of people disputing that (Proving you wrong a 2nd time)

6. End of discussion.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me speed this up cause obviously your stuck.

1. Then he said the majority of people would agree that Philly wouldn't sniff 1st.

2. Then I said... there's already a thread and your statement is untrue.

3. Then you jumped in saying there's no thread. And you said if there is one post it.

4. I ignored you but he posted (proving your wrong)

5. Then you said, the post shows the majority of people said Philly will come in last and I posted 5 quotes of people disputing that (Proving you wrong a 2nd time)

6. End of discussion.

Lets slow this down, because your already fucking it up.

On #3 I simply asked "Really" to #2

Now back to one post at a time

Did I ask "Now where's this poll that has the Eagles finishing better than 3rd?"

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets slow this down, because your already fucking it up.

On #3 I simply asked "Really" to #2

Now back to one post at a time

Did I ask "Now where's this poll that has the Eagles finishing better than 3rd?"

Yes