• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Championship - Los Angeles Rams vs. New Orleans Saints

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I freaking love the Saints. I remember when they were a joke for 2 generations. Once Brees got there and they started airing it out I was all on board, love the way they play. But I like the Rams too, and the Chiefs. I root for Andy Reid.

Just for the love of God I hope the refs put the hankies away, I can't stand this anymore. On every good play you almost expect a flag.

That's the part that makes me pull my hair out, safety issues aside, if the NFL would just let the DB's get a little more physical without flag being thrown defenses would make a comeback... DB"s just run with the receivers now, no physical play anymore, no bumping at the line, put a feeler out a flag will get thrown, barely touch them a flag is thrown, it's asking to dam much ... NFL needs to back off on protection the QB's so much also, can't hit um high, can't hit um low, can't hit him a fraction late, can't land on him when you tackle... It's an embarrassment how much Roger Goodell and the competition committee has pussified the NFL ...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL would just let the DB's get a little more physical without flag being thrown defenses would make a comeback... It's an embarrassment how much Roger Goodell and the competition committee has pussified the NFL ...
I agree.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is it, for a chance at the Super Bowl, we have Sean vs. Sean part 2, one already has a ring, the other wants a ring. Rams ran the ball at will to get to this game, while the Saints shutdown the legend of Nick Foles in the final three quarters. Some people will look at the regular season game and expect the same result. Are these truly the same teams from earlier?

View attachment 195739

In a sense yes, but the game will be drastically different this time IMO.....McVay is a sharp guy and he will be prepared for everything the Saints can do this time....
I'm picking the Rams by double digits and a comfortable win...A blowout would not surprise me....
Pressure Brees, shut down the run, done deal....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a sense yes, but the game will be drastically different this time IMO.....McVay is a sharp guy and he will be prepared for everything the Saints can do this time....
I'm picking the Rams by double digits and a comfortable win...A blowout would not surprise me....
Pressure Brees, shut down the run, done deal....

Rams may win but if they do, it damn sure won't be "comfortable" or a blowout lmfao

You just described how to beat every team with a good QB and make it seem like it so easy.

Pressure the qb and stop the run. I wonder why teams don't go 16-0 more often since it is so easy and straightforward to stop good offensive teams

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Saints take this.

They have a great ground threat and the Rams surprisingly were dead last in YPC allowed to runningbacks - partly because if you can get by Suh/Donald/Brockers there's ZERO help beyond that. I think Kamara/Ingram will run all over them.

In addition to that, the Saints have one of the BEST run defenses (2nd in both yards allowed and YPC), so while Gurley will still get yardage, I don't see him consistently getting large 4-5 yard+ chunks here and there. Course Dallas had a top 5 run D as well and got pretty gutted, but to see that two weeks in a row? Plus it's an away game now... (noise factors into offensive rhythm).

So Goff will have to beat the Saints. And for a QB fairly young with minimal playoff experience playing in a VERY difficult away stadium in an intense atmosphere against a HOF QB, I just don't see it.

31-24 Saints. Saints cover the spread.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams may win but if they do, it damn sure won't be "comfortable" or a blowout lmfao

You just described how to beat every team with a good QB and make it seem like it so easy.

Pressure the qb and stop the run. I wonder why teams don't go 16-0 more often since it is so easy and straightforward to stop good offensive teams

Well if you'd think twice, you'd be the smartest person in your family....
There is the task of dominating the Oline to accomplish both of those tasks...No one said it's easy every game, but I think the Rams have the ability to do it in this one....Just my opinion, breathe deeply and relax Skippy !!!!

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could fast-forward 24 hours. Can't wait for these games to begin

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats NFC fans, welcome to page 3 a day before the NFCCG:clap:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the superbowl. Whoever wins this will play an exhibition against the winner of the subpar AFC.