• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC/AFC Decade NFL Draft : CHAT

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will also notice that after you I have drafted him by far the most. Just after some of the research I have done about him he was simply outstanding!

Him and Cliff Branch are extremely under-rated... and I would draft him earlier if people had interest in him...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and Cliff Branch are extremely under-rated... and I would draft him earlier if people had interest in him...
I was just going to say Branch belongs on that list. Branch was the greatest Raiders wr of all time. Hayes and Branch were both very special wrs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the last few days I have been doing some serious studying of Bob Hayes and i've come to the conclusion that he is amazingly underrated by us all.

A couple things stick out, first I don't think anyone really understands how fast he was, I mean the guy was the fastest man in the world and won gold medals.

Also, he was kinda Randy Moss before Randy Moss because he changed the game. The Zone defense was invented because of Bob Hayes, there were simply no corners who could stay with him so teams started running a zone to try and stop him. He also may have been responsible for the invention of the quick screen.

ln my life I have viewed Bullet Bob Hayes as a great receiver in the top 20 - 25 receivers all time but after all the stuff I have read and seen about him he no question is in my top 10 now.

@femurov @Pack 500 @Ritzarmy @MilkSpiller22 @wlk3 @Shanemansj13 @TheRobotDevil

So now we have to pick Hayes in one of the first 3 rounds? Lolzzz

I have never underestimated Bob. Elite speed and one of the greatest slot guys of all-time.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to say Branch belongs on that list. Branch was the greatest Raiders wr of all time. Hayes and Branch were both very special wrs.

Honestly Branch is probably top 10 fastest players in the history of the league, i'm not sure why but when I was a kid I liked the Raiders, obviously not when they played the Vikings or beat us in the Super Bowl but otherwise yeah I liked them and a lot of it was Lester Hayes obviously but also because of Kenny Stabler, Fred Biletnikoff and of course Cliff Branch. I still to this day remember driving to my grandparents house with my parents and my dad bought me a couple packs of topps football cards before we left and I got the Kenny Stabler card in one of the packs, that was I believe in 1976, kind of a weird thing to have a memory about but...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fyi Bob Hayes is STILL not better than Don Hutson...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Branch is probably top 10 fastest players in the history of the league, i'm not sure why but when I was a kid I liked the Raiders, obviously not when they played the Vikings or beat us in the Super Bowl but otherwise yeah I liked them and a lot of it was Lester Hayes obviously but also because of Kenny Stabler, Fred Biletnikoff and of course Cliff Branch. I still to this day remember driving to my grandparents house with my parents and my dad bought me a couple packs of topps football cards before we left and I got the Kenny Stabler card in one of the packs, that was I believe in 1976, kind of a weird thing to have a memory about but...
Hayes was another of my all time favorites. One of my favorite quotes was Madden talking about Branch. He said Branch would pick out the other teams best corner before the game. And tell him straight up I'm going to beat him get me the ball. And he would. Stables my favorite raiders QB by far. Its a shame Branch isn't HOF imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I said he's in my top 10 now, Hutson is in my top 3

I wouldn’t put Hutson in my top 3 and Hayes is where he has always been (not sure exactly). I do admit he deserves to be drafted higher.

10.06 - 100 meter
39.06 in 4x100 meter relay

No question is one of if not the fast player in NFL history but did he have the skills other guys did? Speed can only get you so far. Him being in the HOF suggets he was far more than speed. I will have to watch tape and do my homework before the next NFL draft

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayes was another of my all time favorites. One of my favorite quotes was Madden talking about Branch. He said Branch would pick out the other teams best corner before the game. And tell him straight up I'm going to beat him get me the ball. And he would. Stables my favorite raiders QB by far. Its a shame Branch isn't HOF imo

Lynn Swann is in and Cliff Branch isn't... Fucking hilarious!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t put Hutson in my top 3 and Hayes is where he has always been (not sure exactly). I do admit he deserves to be drafted higher.

10.06 - 100 meter
39.06 in 4x100 meter relay

No question is one of if not the fast player in NFL history but did he have the skills other guys did? Speed can only get you so far. Him being in the HOF suggets he was far more than speed. I will have to watch tape and do my homework before the next NFL draft

No receiver in the history of the sport dominated the way Hutson did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of fastest players of all-time...one surprise was...

Ike Taylor 4.18 hand-timed but still

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fyi Bob Hayes is STILL not better than Don Hutson...

Problem with Don Hutson is that he played in the 30s and 40s... Unlike baseball where stats are king, football is not entirely stats driven... its the QB, its the defense he faces... its everything... So even the tape that we have is not great... so we have to be TOLD that he is a top 5 WR of all time... If I cant find enough proof, then I cant trust what people tell me...

So sure Don Hutson was the best WR of the 30s and 40s... but there is a best of every generation, and I just don't see enough to put Hutson in my top 5...

I don't even know what type of player Hutson was, as WRs evolved over time... so for all I know, he could be equal to a slot receiver of current football...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic not saying either should get in. But stronger HOF resume Eli or Romo?

not even close... Eli...

Romo is one of the most OVER- RATED resumes... People only like him because he couldn't stay healthy, so people use his BEST stats and say WHAT IF...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No receiver in the history of the sport dominated the way Hutson did.

Doesnt mean he is in my top 5. I would draft a handful of guys over him bc I prefer size and athleticism and speed over more of a slot-type of guy with great route running and hands. I mean those WR’s are great but I want that plus more imo