• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Years schedule

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrah could also find UFA to be a backup TE instead of wasting a high 2nd round pick every 3 or 4 years

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal. Lets keep up the solid work. It's working out so well.....

And let's not forget..... Do you expect Witten to be here after 4 years? He will be 36 then..... There is always a need to groom a 2nd TE.

Escobar on had 147 yards and 2 TDs this year as a rookie.
Witten only had 347 yards and 1 TD his rookie year. with 24 more receptions.
that's just slightly more than 10 yards a game difference in their rookie seasons. ... With Escobar being the back up to a HOFer which Witten never was.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The voice of reason

So then what do you doif Witten goes down next year? Put the hopes of the team on a UDFA?

I don't I want a guy that knows the system.

No matter who we would have taken in the 2nd it was not going to change the outcome of this season.

All the debates I have seen about the draft were bitching about trading down and taking Frederick and us taking a 2nd round TE.

How bad does that tell you the coaches felt about brick hands Hanna?

That one choice of a center changed our O-line from horrible to the best they have played since Parcells was here .... and did it in one year.
That trade down also netted us Williams ..... who looks pretty damn good.

I don't care what player you replace Escobar with or Frederick with ...... The injuries we had ... The final season result would not have been any different. In fact .... I think opposite.
I don't think Murray would have been able to run as well... Especially in the Red Zone.
And Romo likely goes down alot sooner in the season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then what do you doif Witten goes down next year? Put the hopes of the team on a UDFA?

I don't I want a guy that knows the system.

No matter who we would have taken in the 2nd it was not going to change the outcome of this season.

All the debates I have seen about the draft were bitching about trading down and taking Frederick and us taking a 2nd round TE.

How bad does that tell you the coaches felt about brick hands Hanna?

That one choice of a center changed our O-line from horrible to the best they have played since Parcells was here .... and did it in one year.
That trade down also netted us Williams ..... who looks pretty damn good.

I don't care what player you replace Escobar with or Frederick with ...... The injuries we had ... The final season result would not have been any different. In fact .... I think opposite.
I don't think Murray would have been able to run as well... Especially in the Red Zone.
And Romo likely goes down alot sooner in the season.

So we ignore area's that we had a much more glaring need like DT, DE or DB to draft a TE in case our All Pro TE gets hurt? Even though Witten is only 31 and would play through nearly anything? Tony Gonzalez is what, 40, and the Falcons are begging him to stick around. By this logic, we should package our #1 and #2 to move up and draft Johnny Football or Teddy Bridewater just in case Romo gets hurt. Considering he's going to be 34 when the season starts and coming off back surgery, it would make more sense than TE did last year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's not forget..... Do you expect Witten to be here after 4 years? He will be 36 then..... There is always a need to groom a 2nd TE.

Escobar on had 147 yards and 2 TDs this year as a rookie.
Witten only had 347 yards and 1 TD his rookie year. with 24 more receptions.
that's just slightly more than 10 yards a game difference in their rookie seasons. ... With Escobar being the back up to a HOFer which Witten never was.

''With Escobar being the back up to a HOFer Witten never was''....I must have read that wrong. Witten will be 1st ballot

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we ignore area's that we had a much more glaring need like DT, DE or DB to draft a TE in case our All Pro TE gets hurt? Even though Witten is only 31 and would play through nearly anything? Tony Gonzalez is what, 40, and the Falcons are begging him to stick around. By this logic, we should package our #1 and #2 to move up and draft Johnny Football or Teddy Bridewater just in case Romo gets hurt. Considering he's going to be 34 when the season starts and coming off back surgery, it would make more sense than TE did last year.

It's a game plan. A long term plan.

Look at the attention to the O-line we neglected for so many years
If you think Dez is your #1 receiver you still need a young #2 to go with him .... Hence Williams
You want a slot guy .... poor mans Welker.... We have added that.
You want to run a 2 TE set ... aka what NE was trying to do ... you now have those two TEs

You bring in two of the smartest defensive minds in the game to fix your defense..... Which was never going to happen in one year. He tried that with Rob Ryan and it backfired.

As we saw in the Denver game. Our offense can on any given Sunday hang with any team in the league.
If our D-line stayed healthy I don't think it would have even come down to a win and in game last week. Which would have been the improvement we were all looking for.

Now you take those great defensive minds and hand them this deep draft .... and let them get to work on fixing it.

And then since we are all talking future and cap hell. This wont happen in Free Agency.

Maybe Romo and Witten can win one before they retire if Rod and Monte can do what they were hired for.
If not you have a young team with a solid O-line and solid weapons .... and a solid defense in place for the next Qb that takes over.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''With Escobar being the back up to a HOFer Witten never was''....I must have read that wrong. Witten will be 1st ballot

yes he will be

He was never a back up .... much less to a HOFer was what I was saying

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on linebacker.

Think everyone forgets we were supposed to have Durant out there this year. Another victim of the injury bug. The 100+ tackle strong side linebacker we got from Detroit.

If I went Lber it would be no earlier than the 4th ... and hell for me maybe the 5th

Also don't agree with DE. Selvie proved he is capable. And Once again everyone is forgetting Crawford whom also was a victim of the injury bug that killed us.

I got DT, DT, Safety. in no particular order.

Clinton-Dix is projected late 1st to 2nd rounder (Safety Alabama) Easily in our range ... Could even move down a few sports for.

Nix (DT Notre Dame) top 20 pick ... but that is in our range. (He's not a top 10)
Hageman (DT Minnesota) projected ourside of the top 20 in the 1st round ( within our range)
Jernigan (DT Florida St ) Late 1st - 2nd round projection ( in our range)
Johnson (DT LSU) projected 2nd - 3rd rounder
Ferguson (DT LSU projected 2nd- 3rd rounder)

and can keep going ......

This is one of those deep drafts where we can fix most of our issues by just having a solid draft. No reason why we can't grab 2 DTs and a safety with our first 3 picks if thats what we want to do .... and can do it without reaching for any player

Hella depth in the 3rd and 4th round on DTs ....... and That is WHY I want to keep RM here. He does amazing work with D-lineman. And I think he could get the most out of 2-3-4th round D-tackles
For once in a few weeks I totally agree with you. It will take more than one draft to fix this God awful defense though. And we won't be better or play better till we get rid of Spencer, Ware and Hatcher.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have been drunk when I said 10 or 11 wins. There is a great chance this team improves on offense and defense and loses 11 or 12 games. This schedule is brutal.