• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next year Green Bay

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers had a middling offense this year finishing 15th in points scored at 23 a game. You said they would be scoring 30 a game next year. That would have made them the 3rd best offense in the league.

I don't think such a jump is realistic in the least when the only difference is getting back one WR but I guess we will see.
I think getting three of your top 4 WRs back is good for another TD per game. Obviously that would require the same injuries not happening again but Ill take those odds.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducky is trying so hard to convince himself that the Packers are in decline and it's the Vikings time to shine.. :crazy:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question the Vikings are on the rise

but if fans of opposing teams want to believe the Packers are on a decline, let them do so

this team with all of its faults came to within 5 1/2 minutes of playing for the Halas Trophy because of the "X" factor - and they know who that is

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget addition by subtraction... James Jones ...The only route that guy can run is a hitch - and only if the defender is playing off him. His incapability of getting open or running a crisp route was a key contribution to the stagnant offense.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would look a little deeper before I start placing money on the Packers being an elite team next season.

They are a team that because of their ownership situation never makes huge splashes in payroll. And they are heading into next season likely having very little money to spend and are going to lose talent via fA this offseason and not gain it. They have a lot of FA's, most of which, will likely move on.

FA's
Front 7:
BJ Raji
Letroy Guion
Mike Neal
Nick Perry

CB Casey Hayward

RB James Starks

You would think Hayward would be a must resign.....but he's a solid young CB and those guys get PAID. He might not get quite Maxwell money....but I bet it is close.

And looking at this, does anyone else think that James Stark's agent is Eddy Lacy? Because Lacy's ineffectiveness this year made Starks a must resign and likely doubled what the Packer's are willing to pay him.

If they sign those two, they likely would be forced to watch Guion (who was good down the stretch), Neal and Perry all walk. That is a HUGE blow to their front 7.

And then figure in that all this FA activity means that the OL that failed so miserably this year is the same OL with absolutely zero upgrades that will head into next season because they, like normal, will not be hitting the FA market.

And that the resurgence of their WR corp relies on a 31 year old WR who missed the previous year with an ACL injury coming back healthy.

With all that: does anyone really want to bet money on the Packer's winning 13 games next season?

What is your definition of little money to spend? I am guessing from your comment that $25 mil under the salary cap is a small amount of money then?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would look a little deeper before I start placing money on the Packers being an elite team next season.

They are a team that because of their ownership situation never makes huge splashes in payroll. And they are heading into next season likely having very little money to spend and are going to lose talent via fA this offseason and not gain it. They have a lot of FA's, most of which, will likely move on.

FA's
Front 7:
BJ Raji
Letroy Guion
Mike Neal
Nick Perry

CB Casey Hayward

RB James Starks

You would think Hayward would be a must resign.....but he's a solid young CB and those guys get PAID. He might not get quite Maxwell money....but I bet it is close.

And looking at this, does anyone else think that James Stark's agent is Eddy Lacy? Because Lacy's ineffectiveness this year made Starks a must resign and likely doubled what the Packer's are willing to pay him.

If they sign those two, they likely would be forced to watch Guion (who was good down the stretch), Neal and Perry all walk. That is a HUGE blow to their front 7.

And then figure in that all this FA activity means that the OL that failed so miserably this year is the same OL with absolutely zero upgrades that will head into next season because they, like normal, will not be hitting the FA market.

And that the resurgence of their WR corp relies on a 31 year old WR who missed the previous year with an ACL injury coming back healthy.

With all that: does anyone really want to bet money on the Packer's winning 13 games next season?

Peppers $10 mil most likely will be gone as he mentioned he is not sure he wants to play. Kuhn is most likely gone with age and his pay as Ripkowski will be able to take his spot

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts are going to be better next year and the Jaguars are shaping up to be a pretty tough offense to stop. I don't think it's very smart to just write off the Vikings. They have a very good defense, a good running game, and Bridgewater has more experience under his belt. If Bridgewater keeps improving that is going to be a tough series.

If AP falls off again Bridgewater will have more growing pains. And only the packers have been top two in the north every season. Everyone else has taken turns. It's actually Chicago's turn next year and I think they upset the colts at home. But colts are in the AFC. I am talking NFC here. Indianapolis is going to Green Bay. Remember what happened in Dallas last year with Indy? GB won at home against NE last year. And honestly when was the last time Rodgers had two down seasons in a row? Jacksonville? They still have a ways to go. They got killed in NO and let the chargers banged up offense steamroll them. They are not ready to stop elite offenses.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Bridgewater is he regressed this season. Come on man. Mike Wallace, Stefon Diggs, Cordarrelle Patterson, Kyle Rudolph. That's one of the best receiving cores in the entire league. And their pass offense wasn't that good. Bridgewater held this team back this year. With a better QB, this team would be much better. I think Bridgewater is the reason why people are writing them off. He just sucks.

To answer the thread. Well yeah, you can pretty much guarantee they will go at least 4-2 in their division. Add in the AFC South and NFC East, there's 6 more wins right there. If I was a betting man, I would probably drop a few hundred on the Packers making the playoffs.

They were already a virtual lock to make the playoffs. I am talking about a high seed here. I just don't see how how GB loses in Jacksonville or Tennessee. Rodgers has never gone 4-0 in ic play in any season. If he were to lose a game, it's gonna be at home to Houston imo. Giants and Dallas could pull an upset but I'm not expecting Philadelphia or Washington to even win at home. Seattle is close, Atlanta like I said they have never recovered from 2012. They were never really elite, they were playing on a high and now that that's gone they have been exposed. Their new defense first philosophy has hurt Ryan and that makes it better for Rodgers when he goes there. 4-2 in division seems about right. I think they sweep one of the divisions at least.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AP falls off again Bridgewater will have more growing pains. And only the packers have been top two in the north every season. Everyone else has taken turns. It's actually Chicago's turn next year and I think they upset the colts at home. But colts are in the AFC. I am talking NFC here. Indianapolis is going to Green Bay. Remember what happened in Dallas last year with Indy? GB won at home against NE last year. And honestly when was the last time Rodgers had two down seasons in a row? Jacksonville? They still have a ways to go. They got killed in NO and let the chargers banged up offense steamroll them. They are not ready to stop elite offenses.
Minnesota was 7-9 without Peterson during Bridgewater's rookie season. I don't really foresee them falling off...they'll just keep getting better. Jacksonville shouldn't be written off that quickly. I believe this was the first season in Jaguars history where they had two 1,000 yard receivers. They'll also get their first round pick (DE) from the 2015 draft back next season. They're trending upward and may have a damn good offense next year.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Wallace runs his mouth more than any solid routes. I love Diggs, but he was good for about 3 games this season. Patterson is a solid return man, but still has a ways to go if he wants to play WR. Kyle Rudolph is a solid TE who can barely stay healthy.

Who has a better WR corps? Hmm... Let's go with the shorter version. Who has a WORSE WR corps?

Cleveland? If you take away Josh Gordon, you have absolute dog sh!t at the position past Benjamin and Barnridge.

Baltimore? SS Sr is their number 1 at 57 years old. Kamar Aiken improved dramatically, but they still don't know what they have in Perriman.

Tennessee? Probably have more potential than Minnesota, but about equal right now.

KC and San Diego? Take away Maclin and Allen and there are a lot of unproven guys.

Carolina? Kelvin Benjamin will come back, and Olsen is nice... nevermind... better than Minnesota already.

Wherever they are now Rams? Austin started to become a weapon.

Yeah... that's about it.

When a team can't run the ball it will make it harder for the qb. You take AP away and Bridgewater is not the same qb. Look what happened week one in SF? If AP were to get hurt again or have more behind the scenes drama TB takes more pressure. And I'm tired of the weapons argument. It has proven to not be beneficial to any qb unless he was one of the big four.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota was 7-9 without Peterson during Bridgewater's rookie season. I don't really foresee them falling off...they'll just keep getting better. Jacksonville shouldn't be written off that quickly. I believe this was the first season in Jaguars history where they had two 1,000 yard receivers. They'll also get their first round pick (DE) from the 2015 draft back next season. They're trending upward and may have a damn good offense next year.

Doesn't matter. Rodgers is not losing this division back to back. You see Teddy winning these games?

@Jacksonville
@Washington
@Carolina
Indianapolis
Houston
Arizona
Green Bay twice(with Nelson that is not a win that last game)
Chicago twice
Detroit twice(got them at the right times last year before lions broke out second half)

7-9 without AP. Yes they also won these games
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
Washington(at home)
Carolina(without Newton)
Jets
Chicago(without Cutler and Forte?)

Who on that list was actually good last year?

And you defend Jacksonville so hard. But Jacksonville defensively is not good against elite offenses. NE and NO(with all their problems) blew them out. SD blew them out! TB won decisively. When a offense could score points Jville could not do anything to stop it. And when it came to strong defenses, Bortles could not do much against SD, Atlanta, and Houston. That's why GB should win is because Bortles will have to keep up in a game of wits and no way he outmaneuvers Rodgers. Jacksonville needs to show they can win against a elite offense or defense, which they have not done yet.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA's
Front 7:
BJ Raji
Letroy Guion
Mike Neal
Nick Perry

CB Casey Hayward

RB James Starks

This is not a daunting offseason for Packers... unsure why you are so happy honestly. 2017 is year Thompson will have a lot of work to do in offseason.

Packers do not spend in FA typically... they spend on their own (resign). So some of the players you mention will most likely be back. Packers have a bit more cap space than Vikings at $22M... this is a manageable number for what they have as FA.

FA´s
I doubt Hayward comes back... he will attrack $$$ and Packers have depth at CB... he is #4/5 CB depending where you put Hyde and they have Gunter and Goodson behind him. If he was the pre-injury Hayward I would be more of the opinion we need him back.

I do not see Starks getting a lot of attention in FA... he has not in the past, he could easily come back, but he is not irreplaceable either.

Front 7 top FA already coming back (Daniels)... situation is not nearly as dire as you make it out to be. Pennel took step this year and should take another and Boyd also back from IR. Raji, Guion and Neal have not attracted much attention in past.. could get 1-2 of them back.. highly doubt they bring back all 3. Perry I assume is gone as he should attract teams... he flashes, but also injury prone.

Crosby is not on your list, he may be the priority.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule
Indy
Houston
@Jacksonville
@Tennessee
New York G
Dallas
@Washington
@Philaelphia
Seattle
@Atlanta
Minnesota
@Minnesota
Detroit
@Detroit
Chicago
@Chicago

I mean you got 4-0 against the south and 4-0 against the east. Atlanta will find a way to lose, Minnesota cannot do it back to back with a AP who hasn't had back to back solid seasons in a while. Detroit is Detroit and Chicago will not beat Rodgers at his best no matter what. And GB is sure to fix their offense this offseason on top of getting Nelson back.

You are looking at the NFC's top seed here. This says 13-3 to me.
10-6