• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next year Green Bay

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they will get Nelson back and the Packers OL will be better. Rodgers will be do better than this year.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closer to mediocre than great, in my opinion. Not on par with Pittsburgh, AZ, NYG, NYJ, or Indy to name a few.

Opinions differ like always. I think they're a good squad, and would be much better with better QB play. And yeah. Pitt and AZ are definitely the best.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that is most important is staying healthy. It does not matter so much what the schedule is if you cant do that. It would be helpful for most teams to not have to use your 5th, 6th and 7th receiver in your play off gmes

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that is most important is staying healthy. It does not matter so much what the schedule is if you cant do that. It would be helpful for most teams to not have to use your 5th, 6th and 7th receiver in your play off gmes

After watching the Packers play over the last month or so, I realized that it really wasn't on Rodgers at all, and everybody giving him shit was just overreacting. If they're healthy next year, I fully expect Rodgers to put together another MVP like season. Some of the throws he's made at the end of this season are just jaw dropping. Haven't seen anything like it. He's still the most talented QB in the league.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Green Bay gets a healthy Jordy, improves the O-Line and Lacy loses weight I think they should be one of the teams to beat next year without a doubt.

O-line doesn't need improving per se, they just need to stay healthy

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Wallace runs his mouth more than any solid routes. I love Diggs, but he was good for about 3 games this season. Patterson is a solid return man, but still has a ways to go if he wants to play WR. Kyle Rudolph is a solid TE who can barely stay healthy.

Who has a better WR corps? Hmm... Let's go with the shorter version. Who has a WORSE WR corps?

Cleveland? If you take away Josh Gordon, you have absolute dog sh!t at the position past Benjamin and Barnridge.

Baltimore? SS Sr is their number 1 at 57 years old. Kamar Aiken improved dramatically, but they still don't know what they have in Perriman.

Tennessee? Probably have more potential than Minnesota, but about equal right now.

KC and San Diego? Take away Maclin and Allen and there are a lot of unproven guys.

Carolina? Kelvin Benjamin will come back, and Olsen is nice... nevermind... better than Minnesota already.

Wherever they are now Rams? Austin started to become a weapon.

Yeah... that's about it.

Those are all better except maybe the Rams. Vikings have a bottom 5 receiving core, no question. I thought that dude was joking.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love McCarthy calling out fatty Lacey, they need him to be in better shape.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would look a little deeper before I start placing money on the Packers being an elite team next season.

They are a team that because of their ownership situation never makes huge splashes in payroll. And they are heading into next season likely having very little money to spend and are going to lose talent via fA this offseason and not gain it. They have a lot of FA's, most of which, will likely move on.

FA's
Front 7:
BJ Raji
Letroy Guion
Mike Neal
Nick Perry

CB Casey Hayward

RB James Starks

You would think Hayward would be a must resign.....but he's a solid young CB and those guys get PAID. He might not get quite Maxwell money....but I bet it is close.

And looking at this, does anyone else think that James Stark's agent is Eddy Lacy? Because Lacy's ineffectiveness this year made Starks a must resign and likely doubled what the Packer's are willing to pay him.

If they sign those two, they likely would be forced to watch Guion (who was good down the stretch), Neal and Perry all walk. That is a HUGE blow to their front 7.

And then figure in that all this FA activity means that the OL that failed so miserably this year is the same OL with absolutely zero upgrades that will head into next season because they, like normal, will not be hitting the FA market.

And that the resurgence of their WR corp relies on a 31 year old WR who missed the previous year with an ACL injury coming back healthy.

With all that: does anyone really want to bet money on the Packer's winning 13 games next season?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would look a little deeper before I start placing money on the Packers being an elite team next season.

They are a team that because of their ownership situation never makes huge splashes in payroll. And they are heading into next season likely having very little money to spend and are going to lose talent via fA this offseason and not gain it. They have a lot of FA's, most of which, will likely move on.

FA's
Front 7:
BJ Raji
Letroy Guion
Mike Neal
Nick Perry

CB Casey Hayward

RB James Starks

You would think Hayward would be a must resign.....but he's a solid young CB and those guys get PAID. He might not get quite Maxwell money....but I bet it is close.

And looking at this, does anyone else think that James Stark's agent is Eddy Lacy? Because Lacy's ineffectiveness this year made Starks a must resign and likely doubled what the Packer's are willing to pay him.

If they sign those two, they likely would be forced to watch Guion (who was good down the stretch), Neal and Perry all walk. That is a HUGE blow to their front 7.

And then figure in that all this FA activity means that the OL that failed so miserably this year is the same OL with absolutely zero upgrades that will head into next season because they, like normal, will not be hitting the FA market.

And that the resurgence of their WR corp relies on a 31 year old WR who missed the previous year with an ACL injury coming back healthy.

With all that: does anyone really want to bet money on the Packer's winning 13 games next season?

opposing teams fans can only hope :suds:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
opposing teams fans can only hope :suds:

Tell me I'm not telling the truth.

Thompson has always done an amazing job at filling in year after year. But 13 wins from a team that looked like crap offensively and is about to lose a lot of solid defenders and don't have much in line to replace them other than draft picks is a wildly high expectations.

The Vikes play the exact same schedule, aren't going to lose anyone they don't want to lose, will likely add a big time FA or two (new stadium money on the horizon), have way more young talent that should improve this year to next than the Pack and there still is no way in hell I would come out and say look for them to be a 13 win team.

Pack are going to be a good solid team again.....but thinking they are going to be vastly improved is a pretty big stretch considering what they are facing this offseason.

Last edited:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me I'm not telling the truth.

Thompson has always done an amazing job at filling in year after year. But 13 wins from a team that looked like crap offensively and is about to lose a lot of solid defenders and don't have much in line to replace them other than draft picks is a wildly high expectations.

The Vikes play the exact same schedule, aren't going to lose anyone they don't want to lose, will likely add a big time FA or two (new stadium money on the horizon), have way more young talent that should improve this year to next than the Pack and there still is no way in hell I would come out and say look for them to be a 13 win team.

Pack are going to be a good solid team again.....but thinking they are going to be vastly improved is a pretty big stretch considering what they are facing this offseason.
They play the exact same schedule except they get the first place teams for the first time in years like they played the third place teams this year. Packers also have 26 mill in cap space plus rollover I believe. I am not worried about the Packers being competitive next year. Putting up nearly 30 points a game will make them much more difficult to beat.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they are heading into next season likely having very little money to spend and are going to lose talent via fA this offseason and not gain it. They have a lot of FA's, most of which, will likely move on.

FA's
Front 7:
BJ Raji
Letroy Guion
Mike Neal
Nick Perry

CB Casey Hayward

RB James Starks

Starks is nothing more than a change of pace back. He has never shown the ability to carry the load himself. If any other team gives him a fat raise, they'll regret it. If he leaves, no sweat; Thompson can find another change of pace guy through FA or the draft.

Hayward is the 4th best CB on the Packers and can only cover the slot. Put him on the outside and he gets burned all day. If anyone thinks he's more than an average nickel corner, they're sorely mistaken. He's expendable.

Perry had the best few games of his career at the end of this season - after a bountiful history of failures. If I was Thompson, I'd try to sign him to a 1-year deal like he did with Raji to prove he's actually worth something. If someone else is going to throw cash at him, best of luck.

Regarding Raji, Guion and Neal, if Thompson can retain two of those three it will be a win - there will be enough under the cap to accomplish that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule
Indy
Houston
@Jacksonville
@Tennessee
New York G
Dallas
@Washington
@Philaelphia
Seattle
@Atlanta
Minnesota
@Minnesota
Detroit
@Detroit
Chicago
@Chicago

I mean you got 4-0 against the south and 4-0 against the east. Atlanta will find a way to lose, Minnesota cannot do it back to back with a AP who hasn't had back to back solid seasons in a while. Detroit is Detroit and Chicago will not beat Rodgers at his best no matter what. And GB is sure to fix their offense this offseason on top of getting Nelson back.

You are looking at the NFC's top seed here. This says 13-3 to me.
Why bothering playing out the season. Let's just award the trophy February 8th and do two drafts at once.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play the exact same schedule except they get the first place teams for the first time in years like they played the third place teams this year. Packers also have 26 mill in cap space plus rollover I believe. I am not worried about the Packers being competitive next year. Putting up nearly 30 points a game will make them much more difficult to beat.

I don't see how people can think their offense will be dramatically better than it was this year when there is almost going to be no change on the roster at WR and OL.

The only big addition is going to be Jordy coming back but he will be a 31 year old 6'3" WR coming off an ACL tear. Not a lot of big WR's at that age come back at anything close to 100% from that type of injury. And Nelson seems like a great guy which in this case actually works against him as he seems less likely to go the old Payton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Carson Palmer HGH route to recover from this. The simple fact is that know one knows how effective Jordy will be when he comes back but thinking he will look like he did in 2014 is highly wishful thinking.

And the OL that looked so bad this year is almost certainly going to be the exact same as it was this year. And you can think getting healthy will help but the Packers OL this year wasn't that injured. None of the starter missed more than 4 games. Yes 4 of them did miss time but it was only a couple games per OL here and there. During a season you are almost assured of losing more than 12 games missed total by your OL.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how people can think their offense will be dramatically better than it was this year when there is almost going to be no change on the roster at WR and OL.

The only big addition is going to be Jordy coming back but he will be a 31 year old 6'3" WR coming off an ACL tear. Not a lot of big WR's at that age come back at anything close to 100% from that type of injury. And Nelson seems like a great guy which in this case actually works against him as he seems less likely to go the old Payton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Carson Palmer HGH route to recover from this. The simple fact is that know one knows how effective Jordy will be when he comes back but thinking he will look like he did in 2014 is highly wishful thinking.

And the OL that looked so bad this year is almost certainly going to be the exact same as it was this year. And you can think getting healthy will help but the Packers OL this year wasn't that injured. None of the starter missed more than 4 games. Yes 4 of them did miss time but it was only a couple games per OL here and there. During a season you are almost assured of losing more than 12 games missed total by your OL.
You are skirting the biggest change from this year to next...health. Even if Jordy comes back at 0% instead of 100% that means we will still have a threat outside the numbers that we didnt have this year when makes the defense stretch just a little bit. Elite QBs only need that little space.

Health at WR and OL will make a world of difference to this offense.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are skirting the biggest change from this year to next...health. Even if Jordy comes back at 0% instead of 100% that means we will still have a threat outside the numbers that we didnt have this year when makes the defense stretch just a little bit. Elite QBs only need that little space.

I'm not skirting any health.

I am telling you Jordy is really unlikely to come back at anything close to what he once was unless he gets on the HGH train.

And your OL is likely to be MORE injured next year overall than it was this year. The Packer's starting OL only missed 12 games total by my count. That is a pretty healthy year overall.

Jordy just can't line up and improve the offense. If he can't beat defenders off the line deep, teams are just once again going to solo up the outside WR's and pack the middle of the field with defenders and Rodgers will once again "struggle" like he did this year.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not skirting any health.

I am telling you Jordy is really unlikely to come back at anything close to what he once was unless he gets on the HGH train.

And your OL is likely to be MORE injured next year overall as it was this year.

Jordy just can't line up and improve the offense. If he can't beat defenders off the line deep, teams are just once again going to solo up the outside WR's and pack the middle of the field with defenders and Rodgers will once again "struggle" like he did this year.
well we will see. I will bet that I am closer to right than wrong.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we will see. I will bet that I am closer to right than wrong.

The Packers had a middling offense this year finishing 15th in points scored at 23 a game. You said they would be scoring 30 a game next year. That would have made them the 3rd best offense in the league.

I don't think such a jump is realistic in the least when the only difference is getting back one WR but I guess we will see.