• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next up Corey por favor

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even if he went to Pitt he is still a backup. It's not like his % was .940 and a 1.80ga. No starting job for Marty.

Hell even fluery got the pens to the second round game 7. Think Marty can do that

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Marty but no team is going to give him the starting job. Maybe Edmonton but thats about it.

Maybe he goes to Montreal and becomes Price's backup but that means he'd probably play less then if he were to stay here.

Many of the contending teams already have decent backups. Just cant see where Marty fits in right now. Maybe Pittsburgh? Who knows

I said Pittsburgh earlier, it's really the only reasonable option I can think of

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont even understand why pitt would be an option for him. why would pittsburgh want him?

if fluery gets hurt? chances are they will be leading the division most of the season. fluery goes down you throw in a 42 year old who just had above a .900 sv% this year hes going to be the guy that holds the division lead? thats not really a good thing. if fluery has one of his playoff meltdowns? which he didn't have this year. then again your putting in a 42 year old who couldn't win the starting job in nj. your going to throw him into a playoff series as probably the #1 seed? NOWAY!

rutherford brings him in and starts him he might as well print up his resume

2.51ga .901 sv% (which the final game of the season put him over .900) those aren't good stats. esp for a team that should be contending. like pittsburgh. no contenders will take him i would be amazed if they did.

i'm not saying this cause i dont like marty that much buuuuuut if he did go sign somewhere else and they actually put him in a playoff series i would be tanking games to get the matchup with that team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even understand why pitt would be an option for him. why would pittsburgh want him?

if fluery gets hurt? chances are they will be leading the division most of the season. fluery goes down you throw in a 42 year old who just had above a .900 sv% this year hes going to be the guy that holds the division lead? thats not really a good thing. if fluery has one of his playoff meltdowns? which he didn't have this year. then again your putting in a 42 year old who couldn't win the starting job in nj. your going to throw him into a playoff series as probably the #1 seed? NOWAY!

rutherford brings him in and starts him he might as well print up his resume

2.51ga .901 sv% (which the final game of the season put him over .900) those aren't good stats. esp for a team that should be contending. like pittsburgh. no contenders will take him i would be amazed if they did.

i'm not saying this cause i dont like marty that much buuuuuut if he did go sign somewhere else and they actually put him in a playoff series i would be tanking games to get the matchup with that team.

Also not terrible stats. And, although goaltending wasn't their downfall this year, and as much as you like to hate on Marty, he can still pull games out of his ass, much more so than MAF can.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lets not be crazy here. the guy won 39 games this year 2.37ga yeah that stinks but respectable .915%

his playoffs were very very very solid and most importantly he wasn't the reason they lost.

marty aint getting more then 20 starts if he went to pitt and unless fluery gets hurt or goes back to the 2012 fluery marty wont get any playoff starts either