• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next time Pat, grab a rental

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...They found the guy (busted via Facebook)

Pat Hickey, a writer for the Montreal Gazette, said Thursday he has found the man who vandalized his car while he was covering Game One of the Flyers-Canadiens playoff series at the Wachovia Center Sunday night.

Hickey said he found the culprit on Facebook - and that the person was displaying the Quebec license plate he stole. Hickey did not identify the culprit.

The writer said he would not press charges - he estimated there was about $1,000 in damages - as long as the man made a public apology and donated $1,000 to a Philadelphia charity.

Hickey said the Flyers were “ecstatic” when he told them he had found the man and that they would pursue the matter.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
atleast he doesn't drive a blue prius....

j_ccp_07_0723_02_v6.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I had to guess, I'd say that the Gazette reimburses him (arbitrary number alert) $0.35 per km, and it only costs him $0.23 per km to run the Civic, so he gets to pocket a few extra bucks every trip.
I would also wager that of his $40 per diem, he pockets about $32 per day. Hotel has breakfast included, extra value meal for lunch, and unlimited popcorn in the pressbox on game nights. :D

/these sweeping generalizations are based solely on an established reporter driving a Honda Civic with half a million kms on it.

the auto allowance for employees driving personal autos is actually $0.52 per km per cra

on that note ... i heard he is being bombarded by apologies from random people in philly ... classy!