• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CANUCKS (36-24-4) at SHARKS (32-25-8) - 03.07.15 @ 7PM

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that it will be refreshing to have no playoffs and not have to watch another typical postseason meltdown from a feeble-minded organization. Have not bought a ticket since that first round abortion vs. Anaheim in 2009. There is no obligation to support an organization that takes its fans for granted and really doesn't give a damn about them. The suits only notice when the revenue drops, which is where the fans can decide to make a statement. The organization doesn't deserve playoff revenue, anyway.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PM in the last 62 games (since the 5th game of the season):

6 EV goals.
22 total EV points.
***-17 (26 games as a minus player to just 13 games a plus player)
total of 2 GWG

Pavs in the same stretch (excludes first 5 games, which were good for him too)
14 EV goals (17 PP)
30 EV points.
***+10 (17 games as a minus to 20 games as a plus player)
total of 4 GWG

Despite Pavs vastly outproducing on the PP, he's also crushing patty at EV.

If (when) the sharks miss the PO's, PM will be the biggest reason.

I just looked it up, and it appears that patty is a whopping +6 TOTAL since Jumbo joined the sharks. Jumbo, by comparison, is +154 since joining the sharks.

Now, I know some will say that he changes right before getting minuses and all that, but The fact these two get paid the same and are considered close to equal is mind boggling.

Simply put, patty is a mediocre second liner, which suspect defensive skills. I know I will get creamed for this posting (stats are deceiving, matchups, etc.) Bull shit. Jumbo draws the to D pair against every game and is +154. patty if on his line is amazingly worse, and if not, is then getting the opposition 2nd pairing every game and still miserable.

Patty is the most overrated player in sharks history by a mile. Likely always will be. His mercurial play is maddening, and I cannot wait until he is finally gone and we can move past the captain blinky era.

Disappointing to see Marleau kinda choke after he had been doing well in the last few games but it's an act we've seen before. Gotta hit the open net though, otherwise why is he out on the line?

I'd hate be stuck with that boat anchor contract of his for the next two years and it's not like he's going to get better next year.

Really the only logic way forward is to find a way to convince #12 and #19 to waive their NTC and get what we can for them. Hopefully that happens in the off season and then the Sharks can rebuild around Couture and Pavelski.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: ha ha ha :laugh3:

What else can you do? :noidea:

Bay Area sports just sucks this year! I don't consider basketball a sport and I can't wait until reality sets in and all those Warrior fans and bandwagoners can start bitching and complaining?!?!?!?!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why build a team around Couture and Pavelski? Really these two guys?

Couture is more of a choke artist and over rated! I say trade him for a dman or another young forward. Plus he seems to have a ego problem.

Pavelski is a leader, but he can't expect to lead this team in production by himself. Pavelski is a good player, but needs better players around him so it seems like he is great.

Trading Marleau or Thornton is the worst possible move in the off-season. Nobody on the team stepped up this season to take over and I don't see anybody else coming here next year and taking over as the leaders.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: ha ha ha :laugh3:

What else can you do? :noidea:

Bay Area sports just sucks this year! I don't consider basketball a sport and I can't wait until reality sets in and all those Warrior fans and bandwagoners can start bitching and complaining?!?!?!?!

Those Giants sure laid an egg this past year didn't they?
:p

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't consider the Giants winning the World Series in this current year, but yes I get your point.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't consider the Giants winning the World Series in this current year, but yes I get your point.

Well hopefully I just insured that Dodgers won't win either. Put a futures bet on them to win the World Series at 8-1 last night at Circus Circus in Reno. Did that with Seattle and Alabama too this past year and look how that worked out.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah I know about the ticket prices. That's what Im saying. who wants to pay a big ticket price increase (upwards of 8% in some areas) when the team is declining, not filling the cap room, and has no immediate future. This is a good year to give up the tix. There will be prime seats in great areas available at a fraction of face value most nights. Add that price increase and team performance to the AHL being there which will take away alot of families, and tickets will be a dime a dozen on stubhub, ticket exchange, CL, etc. I would guess red line, lower bowl will go for $50 or less on many nights next year despite a face well above $100, and the upper bowl will be available in the teens.

I don't want to watch them lose regularly. effort or no, watching them lose sucks. I dont want to be in the building watching that time and again, and I am not alone. I can watch them lose just as nicely from my sofa.

BTW, they wont lose games like this regularly. The other L's to ottawa, LA, DET, and Co was much more painful as they had great periods and super lulls. This game was better, but Im glad I wasnt there.

No team regularly plays a full 60 minutes. There are always lulls with every team. San Jose, LA, Detroit, Chicago there is no difference in that regard.

I think our difference in opinion comes down to a matter of expectations. For me this team has far exceeded where I thought they would be. At the beginning of the season I thought they might be able to challenge for a playoff spot but at about the 15 or 20 game mark my opinion change to one of no chance in heck they can make the playoffs. That change came from watching who was being iced and how they were being utilized. And that goes back to my belief that the team in general has been poorly constructed.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our difference in opinion comes down to a matter of expectations. For me this team has far exceeded where I thought they would be.

This team has fallen far short of my expectations since the 1st round of the playoffs last year.
For example, I expected Marleau was good enough to hit an open net with the game at stake.

We do agree that this team is poorly constructed however. Clearly changes need to be made if this team hopes to be competitive.

At this point I'm 100% in support of getting rid of Marleau and Thornton because as long as they are with the team, the Sharks will be married to the concept of "not tough enough" because they're not tough enough.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have a good chance of finishing 7th worst in the league. So I PRAY they keep losing. And if the Hockey gods smile on us, there is a chance to finish 5th worst... The more our odds increase on getting McDavid or the No2 pick, the more I like it...

Keep on losing SJ and keep missing those open nets Patty, keep up as much bad aspects & habits as possible - We can do this!!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats Marleau being assigned against other teams top lines and having to be the defensive backbone constantly one man cant do it all his own.

And this is the first year Pavelski has statistically been better then marealu defensively. Marleaus having a shit year and Pavelski is having another career year conviently you leave these things out