• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next time Pat, grab a rental

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Hickey (beat writer for the Montreal Gazette) parked his car at Wachovia last night. His Honda Civic had Quebec plates on it and upon his return, his tires were slashed and the plates was stolen.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this and it made me laugh:

And Marc-Antoine Godin of La Presse Tweets: "2 PHI fans yelled at TV guy 'go back home, you f@#$#& French-Canadian!' One had Briere jersey, the other a Gagné"

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this and it made me laugh:

And Marc-Antoine Godin of La Presse Tweets: "2 PHI fans yelled at TV guy 'go back home, you f@#$#& French-Canadian!' One had Briere jersey, the other a Gagné"

lol, that is pretty funny.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope when the series returns to Montreal that the US anthem isn't booed.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

slim chance of that. EVERYTHING is booed in Montreal.

my dad (70+ years old) had a run-in with a guy at a Dallas Stars game who was shouting "Go Home Canadians" throughout the game (Canucks were winning the game).
my old man pointed out that Kesler would be a pretty important part of the American team in the Olympics in about a month, and listed off a bunch of Cdns on his team (Morrow, Richards, Ribiero, Benn, Neal, Daley, Fistric, Robidas, Turco, etc). Told him to sit his fat ignorant ass down and shut the fuck up. Fortunately, they were in a section with a whole bunch of other Canadians, so pops didn't get his wrinkled old ass beat.
I was proud of him though.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hickey also had to change a tire on the way into DC a few weeks ago. I assumed that it was a rental car then, now I am not so sure. Is the newspaper business doing so poorly they will not let him fly, or does he hate to fly?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hickey also had to change a tire on the way into DC a few weeks ago. I assumed that it was a rental car then, now I am not so sure. Is the newspaper business doing so poorly they will not let him fly, or does he hate to fly?

Maybe Pat really like his Honda Civic (according to the story, he has over 500,000 kms on it)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Maybe Pat really like his Honda Civic (according to the story, he has over 500,000 kms on it)

if I had to guess, I'd say that the Gazette reimburses him (arbitrary number alert) $0.35 per km, and it only costs him $0.23 per km to run the Civic, so he gets to pocket a few extra bucks every trip.
I would also wager that of his $40 per diem, he pockets about $32 per day. Hotel has breakfast included, extra value meal for lunch, and unlimited popcorn in the pressbox on game nights. :D

/these sweeping generalizations are based solely on an established reporter driving a Honda Civic with half a million kms on it.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think he made it up. well i do not although i would not be surprised. i just read an article about some whiny guy from montreal. i liked the ole chants last night. the usa ones were a bit over the top. especially since i think the flyers have the most canadians on their team.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he made it up. well i do not although i would not be surprised. i just read an article about some whiny guy from montreal. i liked the ole chants last night. the usa ones were a bit over the top. especially since i think the flyers have the most canadians on their team.

I think that whiny article was written by Jack Todd (he should have been put out to pasture several years ago).

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
haha. i am not sure. it is on the flyers board. he calls the caps great or something and then calls crosby whiny. then he whines about everything else his entire article.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was Jack's article. He also wrote an article a few weeks ago where he called Gomez ugly and had old third grade ugly jokes in it. I wasnt offended and understand he was joking, but it was really stupid.
Worse was an article a month or so ago slamming Gainey how he built the team and that it would be at least another few years before the Habs would make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs. I think he used the term "mark my words". So naturally today he writes how even though they made it, Gainey deserves no credit.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Likewise. Otherwise, I can definitely see more than a car getting vandalized if and when the series shifts back to Philly for game 5.

IF and WHEN folks........if and when. :D