• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next six years' CFP Championship sites

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. It's crazy to me anyone would even think of going to Indi if they had a chance to hang out in So cal. In February
Looking at girls in bikinis isn't going to be worth spending an extra $600-1000 overall on a trip. Hell, in Ohio, Winter barely lasts into March anymore. It's been 60s more often than not on St. Patrick's Day lately, and I was walking outside in jeans and a t-shirt last November. We get plenty of warm weather. I've also been to LA twice in the last few years. It's pretty, but it's not worth how much extra you have to pay.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at girls in bikinis isn't going to be worth spending an extra $600-1000 overall on a trip. Hell, in Ohio, Winter barely lasts into March anymore. It's been 60s more often than not on St. Patrick's Day lately, and I was walking outside in jeans and a t-shirt last November. We get plenty of warm weather. I've also been to LA twice in the last few years. It's pretty, but it's not worth how much extra you have to pay.

It's not just girls in bikinis. You can go wine tasting, Catalina, Disney, movie studios.There's just a ton more things to do on a long weekend than you will be doing in Indianapolis. Yeah nicer things cost money. I live here and went to Hawaii for ten days a few months back and I don't even want to say how much that cost. You not wanting to spend money is your prerogative but there's no doubt given the choice people would choose to be in so cal for three or four days for an event rather than Indianapolis.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just girls in bikinis. You can go wine tasting, Catalina, Disney, movie studios.There's just a ton more things to do on a long weekend than you will be doing in Indianapolis. Yeah nicer things cost money. I live here and went to Hawaii for ten days a few months back and I don't even want to say how much that cost. You not wanting to spend money is your prerogative but there's no doubt given the choice people would choose to be in so cal for three or four days for an event rather than Indianapolis.
Yeah that's fair. If it's a long weekend. Speaking of wine tasting, my fiancee and I are doing just that probably in 2019. I've heard Sonoma is worth the trip, and it's also right by Russian River, which I want to go check out. Any knowledge of that area?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's fair. If it's a long weekend. Speaking of wine tasting, my fiancee and I are doing just that probably in 2019. I've heard Sonoma is worth the trip, and it's also right by Russian River, which I want to go check out. Any knowledge of that area?

Sonoma is a great choice. People think Napa but thats way overpriced because thats were most people go and the restaurants and hotels are much higher. Depending on how much you want to travel I'd rent a car and drive down the coast highway to Cambria ( 2 1/2 hr drive)and the vineyards of Paso Robles. It's a really beautiful area with even less people than Sonoma. We drive up and stay in Cambria and go wine tasting in Paso Robles for the day then you make it back to Cambria for dinner overlooking the pacific.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L.A. might be a shit hole, never been there, so I can't say! I can say this with 100% certainty, New Orleans is a shithole. Literally! Most of the place is below sea level and they have pumps running 24 hrs a day to pump the shit out.
I'd take New Orleans over the rest of them. No where near as bad as you are stating and Tulane would argue your sea level claim, although the city is sinking and Louisiana loses a football field of land every hour. Like the rest of these big cities you have to know where to and not to go. I spent 5 hours in the WWII museum a few weeks back and only made it through about half of it.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even? The very first BCS CG? Even?
:twitch:

Don't get me wrong it was a good game. I was a student at ASU at the time and my friends and I got tickets for like $30, lower bowl at Sun Devil Stadium at about the 40 yard line. Killer seats. Key takeaways that I remember, I saw a very tiny handful of FSU fans. It was a complete sea of orange. Chris Weinke was hurt and they were playing the back up Marcus Outzen who absolutely sucked. They lost that game before the ball was even kicked. Peerless Price went nuts and Tennessee was in control the entire time. Travis Henry fumbled late with a 23-16 lead but then shortly after that Outzen got picked to effectively end the game. At the end of the day I really don't think it was as close as the final score. FSU couldn't do anything on offense and they were clearly outplayed.

Honestly we've had some awesome championship games out here in Phoenix. I make it a point to hit all of them and as many Fiesta Bowls as possible too. I would put it 4th on the list in terms of quality of play/entertainment value of the ones I've seen behind Ohio State/Miami, Alabama/Clemson, and Auburn/Oregon. Just my opinion. How ironic that Peyton leaves and the following year they get one with Tee Martin of all people. Crazy.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try not to post that, unless you're topic is the state.
The school: Bama
The Team: The Curse (women get this)
The fans: Bammers
The Head Coach: Lucifer's Vessel
9396393F-7195-43BC-A3F4-7709791B2379.jpeg

Big Z 1990

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that the next 10 beginning with the 2024 season should be given to outdoor stadiums in cold weather cities, giving those cities a chance to catch up. The first cold-weather title game should be given to Cleveland especially if the Browns still haven't hosted a playoff game by then (maybe that will change if they get a good QB). The next season (game in January 2026) should go to East Rutherford (near NYC), as 2026 will mark the 25th anniversary of a significant event in NYC. The next 8 can go to Cincinnati, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Landover, Foxboro, Philly, Kansas City and Baltimore in no particular order.

Because cold weather football is real football. Some of the most memorable American football games have been played in the cold (like the Ice Bowl). Starting in 2034, the CFP title game can alternate between either a warm weather site/stadium with a roof and a cold weather site then.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that the next 10 beginning with the 2024 season should be given to outdoor stadiums in cold weather cities, giving those cities a chance to catch up. The first cold-weather title game should be given to Cleveland especially if the Browns still haven't hosted a playoff game by then (maybe that will change if they get a good QB). The next season (game in January 2026) should go to East Rutherford (near NYC), as 2026 will mark the 25th anniversary of a significant event in NYC. The next 8 can go to Cincinnati, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Landover, Foxboro, Philly, Kansas City and Baltimore in no particular order.

Because cold weather football is real football. Some of the most memorable American football games have been played in the cold (like the Ice Bowl). Starting in 2034, the CFP title game can alternate between either a warm weather site/stadium with a roof and a cold weather site then.
tenor.gif

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This claim has always cracked me up. Kids start the season in August where it's even hot in Wisconsin. Play Sept, Oct, November. Much of the B1G plays noon games during mid-late november to offset cold night temps.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan, I'd MUCH rather watch my team play in a warm weather winter city. I have zero desire to go watch a game outdoors in NY or Chicago or anywhere else. Hell, for the pregame days, I want to be in shorts so I would even vote against a cold weather city that has a dome.

I've been to many cold games in Mile High and it's still fun, but I would rather be watching in the sun and warm weather.

Big Z 1990

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southern teams have been avoiding playing outdoors up north late in the season for too long now (a common point of criticism) I think it's time for that to catch up to them

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southern teams have been avoiding playing outdoors up north late in the season for too long now (a common point of criticism) I think it's time for that to catch up to them

Good luck with that.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not feeling the gave in SF next year. That seems like an odd location.

It's not SF, it's Santa Clara which is basically San Jose. New Stadium.

Great place to visit even without the game, but will be the most expensive trip of any on the list.