• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Man Up

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...the fallout from the win over Carolina is official.

Jarvis Jones had surgery on his wrist and has been placed in IR/DTR...designated to return...8 weeks is the designation. By NFL rule he can begin practicing after 6 weeks so they are pretty encouraged I think about him returning.

Next man up @ OLB...Arthur Moats...he had some immediate impact in the CAR game...a former starter in this league...he should hold down the fort I think....the big issue is depth behind him.

Ryan Shazier has a knee sprain...out at least 2 weeks by most accounts.

Next man up @ ILB...Sean Spence...the man most of thought would never play...more experience in the playbook than Shazier...he looked pretty good as well in his time on the field vs CAR...maybe not as dynamic but I think he will do well in this role.

Ike Taylor...broken forearm. Reports are 6 to 8 weeks...having used the IR/DTR designation on JJ...it's likely the team will keep Ike on the 53 man roster and just have him among the inactives for the next couple of months...as long as no further injuries occur I think Ike is safe, but it's possible he could be waived injured and resigned when he returns...either way...his salary is guaranteed.

Next man up @ CB...well Gay moves into the #2 CB spot on the base DEF, but likely will slide back to the slot CB in nickle and Blake will be the outside CB...we'll have to see how this works out...as soon as Blake came in, his man was targeted multiple times with some success...McCain/Blake/Webb/Gay are all under 6'.

Makes you wonder if Shaq Richardson will get called up from PS if this combination is not working.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher is reporting JH has resigned with PIT...have not seen this on any other media outlets to confirm it.

If so, got to be a depth move...but I would expect him to get snaps...knows the system.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the fact that Deebo is once again on this roster. Should have been signed for depth a few weeks ago, IMO.

I know the Steelers love Shazier, but I wish they had selected Denard. Especially with the injury to Ike. I was shocked when we picked Shazier. Last year I liked Bernard and this year Denard and both went to Cincinnati.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gilbert was their #1 target for CB (struggling) and Shazier was just BPA...I still like the pick...Dennard is struggling as well...I didn't even see him in nickel vs ATL...he likely would've been the 4th CB behind Gay, but would've moved up the chart with this injury to Ike....easy to say this in hindsight, but I said it during the draft as well...no CBs really had a 1st round grade.

Bernard is a player though...hopefully PIT can get some of that explosiveness from Archer.

Steelers are going to have place a fairly high value on a CB in the '15 draft...Shaq Richardson has promise, but needs to make a huge jump.

Water under the bridge now, but I felt PIT should've signed Keenan Lewis before he became an URFA and not paid Ike, then they would've had money for Allen....but the FO always rewards vets now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't discount Vince Williams making a push for Spence's spot. Spence will likely see the field against TB, but if he struggles I don't think Lebeau would have any problem throwing Williams back into the fire. We have said it all offseason, VW is a damn good 1-2 down LBer. He shows great awareness and speed in run coverage, but it's the pass coverage that knocks him down a peg or two.

Pretty stoked to see Deebo back on the team. He will be the primary backup for the next few weeks until he gets himself back up to speed. Only then will he be able to make a push for playing time. Moats has shown he is more than capable to handle the position. I was shocked to hear that Deebo came out of retirement, but glad he did.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...the fallout from the win over Carolina is official.

Jarvis Jones had surgery on his wrist and has been placed in IR/DTR...designated to return...8 weeks is the designation. By NFL rule he can begin practicing after 6 weeks so they are pretty encouraged I think about him returning.

Next man up @ OLB...Arthur Moats...he had some immediate impact in the CAR game...a former starter in this league...he should hold down the fort I think....the big issue is depth behind him.

Ryan Shazier has a knee sprain...out at least 2 weeks by most accounts.

Next man up @ ILB...Sean Spence...the man most of thought would never play...more experience in the playbook than Shazier...he looked pretty good as well in his time on the field vs CAR...maybe not as dynamic but I think he will do well in this role.

Ike Taylor...broken forearm. Reports are 6 to 8 weeks...having used the IR/DTR designation on JJ...it's likely the team will keep Ike on the 53 man roster and just have him among the inactives for the next couple of months...as long as no further injuries occur I think Ike is safe, but it's possible he could be waived injured and resigned when he returns...either way...his salary is guaranteed.

Next man up @ CB...well Gay moves into the #2 CB spot on the base DEF, but likely will slide back to the slot CB in nickle and Blake will be the outside CB...we'll have to see how this works out...as soon as Blake came in, his man was targeted multiple times with some success...McCain/Blake/Webb/Gay are all under 6'.

Makes you wonder if Shaq Richardson will get called up from PS if this combination is not working.

With all the hype that swirled around Spence last year before the injury.... I'm curious to see him play. See if it was just hype or this kid can run with the Big Dawgs!!!

What's y'alls take on him???

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the hype that swirled around Spence last year before the injury.... I'm curious to see him play. See if it was just hype or this kid can run with the Big Dawgs!!!

What's y'alls take on him???

In the limited action I've seen, he's got good speed still (which is why they drafted him I think), decent cover skills...I think he will do fine, a little lighter than Shazier so I wouldn't be surprised if Lebeau sub-packaged him and played V Williams on run downs.

I'm more concerned about the small CBs actually.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and watch preseason game 1 if you want to know what Spence brings to the table...