• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Top 30 Players in the Game

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list takes into account both right now, and somewhat, but not too far into the future. It takes into account injury concerns like Kyrie's and Kawhi's or Embiid's or Porzingis. It takes into account potential at least a little bit.

1. LeBron James

2. Kevin Durant
3. James Harden
4. Steph Curry
5. Russell Westbrook
6. Anthony Davis

7. Giannis Antetokuompo
8. Kawhi Leonard
9. CP3
10. Klay Thompson
11. Joel Embiid
12. Kyrie Irving
13. Damian Lillard

14. Jimmy Butler
15. Draymond Green
16. Donovan Mitchell
17. Karl Anthony Towns
18. John Wall
19. DeMarcus Cousins
20. Rudy Gobert

21. Victor Oladipo
22. Paul George
23. Ben Simmons
24. Kristaps Porzingis
25. N. Jokic
26. CJ McCollum
27. DeMar DeRozan
28. Gordon Hayward
29. Kevin Love
30. LaMarcus Aldridge

If I missed anybody, which i dont THINK I did let me know

Honorable Mentions: Kyle Lowry, Marc Gasol, Bradley Beale, Andre Drummond, DeAndre Jordan, Devin Booker, Kemba Walker, Goran Dragic, Jrue Holiday, Blake Griffin

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard list since you're incorporating futures. I don't know what metrics you're really using here so it's hard to comment.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard list since you're incorporating futures. I don't know what metrics you're really using here so it's hard to comment.
im not taking into account futurese THAT much- just basically what they will look like next year taking into account some improvement for young guys and some assumed decline from the older guys.....id say just a small sprinkle of future potential

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not taking into account futurese THAT much- just basically what they will look like next year taking into account some improvement for young guys and some assumed decline from the older guys.....id say just a small sprinkle of future potential

If you're going mostly off current, I'd have a few minor tweaks but nothing major. I think Cousins is criminally underrated on your list. He was easily one of the 10 best players in the NBA this year before his injury. He put up monster numbers and will probably continue to do so going forward.

-Not a huge deal, but I would swap Russ and AD. Russ should still be above Giannis and Kawhi though at this point with the uncertainty regarding Kawhi.

-Cousins and Embiid both need to be ranked in the top 10. No question, IMO.

-I'd bump down Klay to around 14-16 range (3rd tier), but still ahead of JB.

-Bump up Simmons and Porzingas to the 2nd Tier. Those guys are all world talents and franchise changing talents.

-I'd bump Rudy Gobert from the list. He's a monster defensively, but his offense is basically relegated to what others create for him on rolls to the basket. In his few years in the NBA he hasn't improve (IMO) at all on offense. I'd rather see Al Horford on this list than Gobert.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going mostly off current, I'd have a few minor tweaks but nothing major. I think Cousins is criminally underrated on your list. He was easily one of the 10 best players in the NBA this year before his injury. He put up monster numbers and will probably continue to do so going forward.

-Not a huge deal, but I would swap Russ and AD. Russ should still be above Giannis and Kawhi though at this point with the uncertainty regarding Kawhi.

-Bump up Simmons and Porzingas to the 2nd Tier. Those guys are all world talents and franchise changing talents.

-I'd bump Rudy Gobert from the list. He's a monster defensively, but his offense is basically relegated to what others create for him on rolls to the basket. In his few years in the NBA he hasn't improve (IMO) at all on offense. I'd rather see Al Horford on this list than Gobert.
i agree on Cousins- the only problem is a torn Achilles is a really really serious injury..prob the worst thing you can do to yourself in the NBA short of having like microfracture surgery or something...

I agree with you on Horford- i dropped the ball there.

I think Gobert is easily a top 3 defensive player in the league and that without him there is no way the Jazz wina playoff series. I think hes really really good. When ranking i thought- to a certain extent- if i was trying to win a title next year who would i rather have- and Gobert is surprisngly a strong argument in that kind of thing if you ask me.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list takes into account both right now, and somewhat, but not too far into the future. It takes into account injury concerns like Kyrie's and Kawhi's or Embiid's or Porzingis. It takes into account potential at least a little bit.

1. LeBron James

2. Kevin Durant
3. James Harden
4. Steph Curry
5. Russell Westbrook
6. Anthony Davis

7. Giannis Antetokuompo
8. Kawhi Leonard
9. CP3
10. Klay Thompson
11. Joel Embiid
12. Kyrie Irving
13. Damian Lillard

14. Jimmy Butler
15. Draymond Green
16. Donovan Mitchell
17. Karl Anthony Towns
18. John Wall
19. DeMarcus Cousins
20. Rudy Gobert

21. Victor Oladipo
22. Paul George
23. Ben Simmons
24. Kristaps Porzingis
25. N. Jokic
26. CJ McCollum
27. DeMar DeRozan
28. Gordon Hayward
29. Kevin Love
30. LaMarcus Aldridge

If I missed anybody, which i dont THINK I did let me know

Honorable Mentions: Kyle Lowry, Marc Gasol, Bradley Beale, Andre Drummond, DeAndre Jordan, Devin Booker, Kemba Walker, Goran Dragic, Jrue Holiday, Blake Griffin

If you missed anyone!?!?

giphy (1).gif

ImmediateActualAnaconda-size_restricted.gif

Mr. KardASSian better stop kissin' on the wominz. Or Klowhee will really cut his balls off.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

Can you also make a list of the 30 worst players in the game? I'm sure more than 1 Laker would make it on a list like that. Am I right @ChiefsLakers67?:D

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree on Cousins- the only problem is a torn Achilles is a really really serious injury..prob the worst thing you can do to yourself in the NBA short of having like microfracture surgery or something...

I agree with you on Horford- i dropped the ball there.

I think Gobert is easily a top 3 defensive player in the league and that without him there is no way the Jazz wina playoff series. I think hes really really good. When ranking i thought- to a certain extent- if i was trying to win a title next year who would i rather have- and Gobert is surprisngly a strong argument in that kind of thing if you ask me.

Gobert is a bit of a conundrum for me. When I do these lists, I look mostly at what/who I can build around. I use that mostly as a tie breaker when I can't really decide on who's better or more valuable.

A defensive center is more of a complimentary piece than an actual centerpiece, imo. You can't really just build around a Gobert or DAJ or Drummond in that sense. You need another piece ahead of them in order to justify having them on the team. Also Gobert's value really diminishes if you don't have a guard who can create their own offense, and offense for Gobert as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gobert is a bit of a conundrum for me. When I do these lists, I look mostly at what/who I can build around. I use that mostly as a tie breaker when I can't really decide on who's better or more valuable.

A defensive center is more of a complimentary piece than an actual centerpiece, imo. You can't really just build around a Gobert or DAJ or Drummond in that sense. You need another piece ahead of them in order to justify having them on the team. Also Gobert's value really diminishes if you don't have a guard who can create their own offense, and offense for Gobert as well.
and one of the reasons porzingis was down so far was that he likely wont even play for more than half the year coming up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love in the top 30?

giphy.gif

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Lamarcus Aldridge do to get ranked behind freaking Kevin Love??
Aldridge did have a very solid season this year- and going from 17 points a game to 23 points a game is a huge bump as he was the Spurs primary scorer most nights---- but Love is a better 3 pt shooter, passer, and rebounder.

I do have to say- Alrdidge impressed me this year--- before this year I thought he was a soft crybaby at times that had come up small all the time in the playoffs--- but this year he showed some real mental fortitude and handled being the #1 option very well.

Ill take Love's rebounding and 3 pt shooting and ability to stretch the floor over Aldridge though---- but hey- i think you have a legitimate argument based on what Aldridge did THIS year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if i did not consider injury history at all Kyrie, Embiid, Porzingis and Cousins all would receive bumps.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan Kardashian?
well Deng would prob have to be first since he make about 36M the next 2 years and he doesnt even play

after that Whiteside at 52M over the next 2 years is up there

Thompson at 2 years 36M is DEF DEF PISS POOR but its not up there with the very very worst of the worst. Without Thompson the Cavs are probably not even playing right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Lowry is owed 64 million the next 2 years

a 6 foot point guard over 30...he could prob be had for a song and expiring contracts if the Raptors decided to blow it up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Deng would prob have to be first since he make about 36M the next 2 years and he doesnt even play

after that Whiteside at 52M over the next 2 years is up there

Thompson at 2 years 36M is DEF DEF PISS POOR but its not up there with the very very worst of the worst. Without Thompson the Cavs are probably not even playing right now.

tenor.gif