• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: New Orleans Saints (9-3) at Atlanta Falcons (7-5) | 8:25 PM ET on NBC

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful, this isnt your daddys' Saints

I had the over 48.5 vs Carolina last week, and it took a last Carolina drive to get that over

And the Falcons inability to score concerns me

True but points are also a product of special teams and defense.....not just offense.

Or giving the offense a shorter field to work with....to score points.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we actually have a decent Thursday night game ... weird

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints are basically 2 games up on both teams. They can afford a L tonight with the next 2 at home. Hard to see either team sweeping the season series considering they play 2x over the next 3 weeks. It will likely be a split.

A loss does change the dynamics, but the Saints will still be in control regardless of the week 14 outcome because they own a season sweep over CAR.

I'm going with the desperate team tonight...the Falcons.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A loss does change the dynamics, but the Saints will still be in control regardless of the week 14 outcome because they own a season sweep over CAR.

I'm going with the desperate team tonight...the Falcons.

Yea im expecting a falcons win as well. Desperate team knowing season is likely done with an L tonight

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt - But still, this is a massive game and could go into effect in determining the division.

Bottom line, if ATL wins...the DIV is still in play. If they lose, they're fate is controlled by others.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea im expecting a falcons win as well. Desperate team knowing season is likely done with an L tonight

LOL

When it comes to the Yankees, you always have to talk me off the ledge, youre always the optimist

yet, you have the Saints losing every game this season so far

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly...couple that with the road team record on TNF...it's lining up for the Falcons to win tonight.

That said...this is a different Saints team. They no longer have to ride Brees' arm to Ws...I like the NO RB duo a little better than ATLs because they can power run with Ingram...the Falcons can run it on 1st down, but getting a yd on 3rd down...we might see Ryan in shotgun.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the only 2 teams in the division who control their own destiny to win the division. Big game

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Kamara to have a good game to set my FF team off to a good start. Trying to improve to 11-3 this weekend and go into the postseason as the top dog.
We still don't know if Ingram will play or not but if he doesnt, I wouldn't be as optimistic as some people iv'e seen have been . If Kamara is forced into the lead-back role, his efficiency will tank. The strength of the saints running game is in their ability to use BOTH zone stretch runs with Kamara and between-the-tackles runs with Ingram and it makes things much easier on a defense and personnel if you only have one than if you have two of different styles

Now from a fantasy perspective this shouldn't be much of a problem and maybe is a positive. Much more volume plus considerably lower efficiency will still equal an rb1 performance if he finds the endzone which has been a damn good bet lately. But don't expect some god-mode performance.

And from a football perspective, if Ingram misses, that is indeed a big blow to the Saints, even if he hasn't been the bright, shining star as of late compared to Kamara

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still don't know if Ingram will play or not but if he doesnt, I wouldn't be as optimistic as some people iv'e seen have been . If Kamara is forced into the lead-back role, his efficiency will tank. The strength of the saints running game is in their ability to use BOTH zone stretch runs with Kamara and between-the-tackles runs with Ingram and it makes things much easier on a defense and personnel if you only have one than if you have two of different styles

Now from a fantasy perspective this shouldn't be much of a problem and maybe is a positive. Much more volume plus considerably lower efficiency will still equal an rb1 performance if he finds the endzone which has been a damn good bet lately. But don't expect some god-mode performance.

And from a football perspective, if Ingram misses, that is indeed a big blow to the Saints, even if he hasn't been the bright, shining star as of late compared to Kamara

Ingram is expected to play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints. This will be another game where the Falcons come up small.

I think they are 3-3 at home. If they come up small I think it will be on OFC and if so I think Sarkisian will be a 1 and done OC.

I'm predicting a win tonight.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are 3-3 at home. If they come up small I think it will be on OFC and if so I think Sarkisian will be a 1 and done OC.

I'm predicting a win tonight.

Id be surprised by a Sarkasian return with anything short of an NFC title game appearance

I could ded see them making him the fall guy

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My motto is usually "always take the dog at home".

Last week I went against it and only went 15-1 because I took Philly in Seattle.

This week I'm going against it because Dallas needs Hot Lanta to lose.

I think the Saints run all over them tonight.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My motto is usually "always take the dog at home".

Last week I went against it and only went 15-1 because I took Philly in Seattle.

This week I'm going against it because Dallas needs Hot Lanta to lose.

I think the Saints run all over them tonight.

That should be on a bumper sticker and stuff

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part?

If the Falcons win, The Saints would move to 9-4. Panthers are 8-4, and Falcons would be 8-5 with a tie breakers now over the Saints.

A tie breaker for how long like 2 weeks until you play them again at their house?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought you two played again.

Well we still have two games between these two teams, and if we win out, the division is ours. Unlikely, but with the amount of talent on the Falcons team, not really that far reaching.

My personal opinion is it is best for the Saints to win out