• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: New Orleans Pelicans vs Golden State Warriors

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get a rebound and fall with the ball, isn't that travel?

yes and it was clear as day in front of all 3 officials. they just ignored it and rewarded him with a timeout....

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Zirin ‏@EdgeofSports 13s14 seconds ago

If Anthony Davis doesn't get the ball, down two with 10 seconds left, then Monty Williams needs to go back to hosting Let's Make a Deal.

He should go anyway. They blew a 20 point lead in the 4th because they didn't burn clock or get the ball to Davis. All they kept doing was firing off jump shots from guards with 13 seconds left on the clock

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes and it was clear as day in front of all 3 officials. they just ignored it and rewarded him with a timeout....

Nobody questioned it, including NO. I need some clarification.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up 17 with 6 to go and you lose?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not traveling...

Here's what you're probably thinking of..

A player who falls to the floor while holding the ball or while coming to a stop may not gain an advantage by rolling on the floor.

No roll, no advantage, no travel.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it is away from the ball under 2 minutes it doesn't matter does it?

The Warriors stole torture from the SF Giants. The Warriors announcers were saying that the refs had to rule the foul intentional for the basket and ball back.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors stole torture from the SF Giants. The Warriors announcers were saying that the refs had to rule the foul intentional for the basket and ball back.

That isn't true.

If you foul before the ball is inbounded in the final 2 minutes of the 4th/OT it is 1 shot and the ball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State is a very good team but they arent world beaters. This team can be beat and I believe will be beat if they play San Antonio or Cleveland. If they miss those two teams they may win it all.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State is a very good team but they arent world beaters. This team can be beat and I believe will be beat if they play San Antonio or Cleveland. If they miss those two teams they may win it all.

nobody is this yr imo. it is about as open as the playoffs have been since I can remember

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I worry most about San Antonio. They've had the Warriors number the past several years. I think GSW can beat San Antonio but they have to play really good mistake free ball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Orleans were supposed to foul according to Monty.....players didn't execute

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't true.

If you foul before the ball is inbounded in the final 2 minutes of the 4th/OT it is 1 shot and the ball.

Interesting. I don't know the rule. I am sure it will be discussed again in the media tomorrow.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty Williams said in the post-game press conference that he told the players to take the foul on the Warriors' last possession in regulation. Some posters in here owe Coach Williams an apology.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty Williams said in the post-game press conference that he told the players to take the foul on the Warriors' last possession in regulation. Some posters in here owe Coach Williams an apology.

Game still shouldn't have gotten to that point up 17 with 6 to go

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry most about San Antonio. They've had the Warriors number the past several years. I think GSW can beat San Antonio but they have to play really good mistake free ball.

There are a few things that concern me about Golden State- First- i have to say how good they are though. What a great team- so deep- and deep with very good players- i mean- Curry/Green/Klay- has EVERYTHINg- amazing D, shooting, passing, driving, clutchness etc...role players like Livingston are great, Barnes has his role, --Iggy and Bogut are huge reasons there D is so good and thsoe guys are vets that are hungry...

now....that being said....

I think they are beatable.

1st. How many teams in NBA history have won titles when their best player was a PG that is under 6' 4" (basically a point guard NOT named Magic)

The list is pretty short in the modern NBA. Isiah Thomas of the Bad Boys - anyoen else think of one?

Who are your Finals MVPs? typically a wing or a big man- PArker did win one in 07 but it really was because of what Duncan did in my opinion and ESPECIALLY at that point- Duncan was by far the best player on the team and I think Manu was probably the 2nd best-

Chris Paul- as good as he is- has never made a conference final. This is Curry's 6th year in the league- his previous 5 he has 1 playoff series win. Teams that are headed by a point guard as their best player- especially ones that do not have a dominate big man really have a hard time in the NBA playoffs historically. Nash won 2 MVP's and had some 60+ win seasons- never made it to the Finals.

2nd. They have no big man or dominant post player that they can throw the ball into and say - "go to work"- the Heat did nothave your typical big man- but LeBron James at 6' 8" 270 in the post is a mosnter. Shaq, Hakeem, prime PGasol, - does it rule you out of the championship when your only guys that are over 6' 8" are Bogut, Lee (who barely plays), Ezeli (who barely plays), Speights (who plays a little)....Thats it...Bogut is the only guy over 6'8" who is any good on this team.

I realize Barnes and Green both have a lot of length- and both are fully capable of playing PF- but when you run up against SAS with Duncan and Splitter, or Chicago with Noah, PGasol, Gibson, or Memphis with Randolph, MGasol, Koufos, or Cleveland with Love, Mozgov, Thompson --you better be able to thrive playing some small ball- (which they do of course)....

3rd. They are a jump shooting team. Now- this is not your typical jump shooting team. Curry is one of the best EVER at shooting a basketball. Thompson is unreal. Klay and Curry take 8 and 7 3's a game during the regular season- and each shot OVER 43%..INSANE....the other guys that shot 3's were Green at 4 a game at 34%- and Barnes and Iguadala each take 2.6 and 2.8 3's a game - with Barnes at 40% and Iggy at 35%. Thats really it- 5 guys take a significant amount of 3's to look at stats nad have them mean something. Green/Barnes/Iggy though- are really pretty average 3 point shooters.

the one game GSW played the Cavs where LBJ played- the Cavs made a concerted effort to make Curry put the ball on the floor and flush him from the 3 point line, and Klay didnt shoot great. Now those 2 are maybe the 2 best in the business at making 3s- think of that-in the same back court - the best 3pt shooting PG and SG in the league.--- however- if you make an effort to take that away- and make their other guys hurt you- you take your chances with Green offensively, with Bogut offensively, with Iggy offensively, with Barnes offensively....ANd jump shooters can go cold.....winning 4 series in a row is tough - its why jump shooting teams without a post presence have a tough time because for 3 series maybe they shoot it great- but that 4th series theyare a little off- playing a great team- and its not enough

I know how good GSW are- I think they have as good a shot as anyone to win it- but these are 3 reasons why I think if they dont win it- why they will have lost.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not traveling...

Here's what you're probably thinking of..

A player who falls to the floor while holding the ball or while coming to a stop may not gain an advantage by rolling on the floor.

No roll, no advantage, no travel.[/QUOTE

A reminder for those that are ignorant about the rules.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol wiggy. Lebron is like 245-250 not 270.. And warriors can win the way they play as long as they play good Defense which they have outside of this game. The warriors haven't even shot great. Also it's about spacing on offense. Not post players

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy don't Fuck up this thread with your essays

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was as deflating of a loss as I've ever seen.

Playoffs are getting good.