• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Mexico quarterback considering the Hoos

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Dancel from God Counsel is looking to transfer from New Mexico. UVA is his likely destination. He could help bring in Wes Brown who appears to be down to UVA and Vanderbilt.

Right now it's down to us and GT. The holdup at the moment is trying to match up his current credits from New Mexico's with UVa's. This has been in the works for a while, but I still don't think it puts us in any better position with Brown. He is really favoring Vandy at the moment. We are looking @ Dancel to be slotted at safety, where we are really going to be thin next season.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just learned that GiT is also looking @ Dancel as a Safety.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't get how a legit athlete like that from a school like Good Counsel gets to New Mexico. There's been some buzz for a while about him to UVA, but I don't see it happening. We've got two very good QBs coming in, and we'll get one of Big Three the following year. Watford's got 3 years left and Rocco 2, so I don't get it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how a legit athlete like that from a school like Good Counsel gets to New Mexico. There's been some buzz for a while about him to UVA, but I don't see it happening. We've got two very good QBs coming in, and we'll get one of Big Three the following year. Watford's got 3 years left and Rocco 2, so I don't get it.

All signs point to him being at UVa. He will have to sit out next season due to NCAA transfer rules. Even though he has the skills to play QB, he will be playing safety @ UVa.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oddly enough Locksley was actually recruiting a lot of talent to New Mexico

he just couldn't coach that talent at all.